• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Breaker 3 |OT| - This is my Gunpla There are many like it but this one is mine

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I am kinds of on the fence about GB3 since I am currently addicted to Tits:SC and still having fun on EXVS-force... then I see this;

Cc_MoWdUEAAK4eJ.jpg

I am getting this game tomorrow lol.

yeah its pretty insane the level of customization the game allows

Yes... better join in now since once the craze is over, things will be back to boring again lol

Shit, I don't think I'll get bored of this game soon. I literally keep plunking hours because everything is so varied and flows well. The movesets are perfect, they work well with other novesets far more than they should, and even though you are just beating shit up, there's so much general variety that's useful that I can't see myself stopping.

So great.

The biggest issue is grinding for parts you want (err, credits, but still), but that's maybe because I have ADD and I want different mechs every day.

Shouta

Oh man, I crashed my game during a mission. I was using the 6-pack missile optional part and on a core assault I unloaded my full option bar. I guess the game didn't know what to do in regards to that many explosions lol.

tensuke

Medabee and Wargreymon, holy shit. THAT CHICKEN! CHICKEN GUNDAM!

Somebody has to make Tequila at some point.

Parakeetman

Those sakura wars kapools are hype lol

Medabee and Wargreymon, holy shit. THAT CHICKEN! CHICKEN GUNDAM!

Somebody has to make Tequila at some point.

Dont think we have any sort of object that can be made that large for the sombrero unfortunately.

TreIII

Dat Wargreymon. Dat Mazinkaizer. Dat GETTER.

If it weren't for the fact that I want to support that Asian English release, I'd be on this so fast...

Shouta

Oh man, The twinblade skills Twist Mixer and Twist Hurricane are even better than the axe skills.

Twist Mixer tosses one tornado out that bounces the enemy while Twist Hurricane tosses 3 of them out. They deal damage while preventing your enemies from moving and you can even force Twist Hurricane to stack the 3 tornadoes on a single enemy as well. When you combine that with Shot Rain/Shot Barrage (that causes an auto damage hail of fire from above) and funnels, you barely have to mash a button lol. I'm using a Divider Shield to gerobi enemies while they're stuck in this loop and it builds my EX meter up quick because of my skills.

I've also hit the point where the Burst type has been introduced and weapons are getting elemental damage increasing the DPS too. Stuff is dying so fast lol

I'm at an impasse here.

I'm level 67, and I'm maybe halfway through the game? The parts I have are around 20ish because I only fuck with Standard. Rarely do I fuck with the Bounty stuff, maybe once a day or so, because I'm no longer overpowered to steamroll most shit.

My issue is I'm low on credits. I missed the glitch before the patch, so I'm playing honest, but man, I can't seem to get enough to upgrade the shit I want! I've learned to just stick with a single mech and try and upgrade that, while keeping a few weapons around to change out, but damn if I'm not running out after a few missions.

Should I keep playing the normal missions and THEN grind it out? Should I be selling my shit or keep it? (To that point, can I sell things without having to continuously hit the damn touch pad for every single one of them?)

Much of this won't matter in April when I rebuy the game anyway, depending on the translation, but still.

mujun

Oh man, The twinblade skills Twist Mixer and Twist Hurricane are even better than the axe skills.

Twist Mixer tosses one tornado out that bounces the enemy while Twist Hurricane tosses 3 of them out. They deal damage while preventing your enemies from moving and you can even force Twist Hurricane to stack the 3 tornadoes on a single enemy as well. When you combine that with Shot Rain/Shot Barrage (that causes an auto damage hail of fire from above) and funnels, you barely have to mash a button lol. I'm using a Divider Shield to gerobi enemies while they're stuck in this loop and it builds my EX meter up quick because of my skills.

I've also hit the point where the Burst type has been introduced and weapons are getting elemental damage increasing the DPS too. Stuff is dying so fast lol

Hate that triple tornado skill!

It's straight up evil when people equip it on their fucking bounty gundams!

I had to quit out of a bounty run the other day as I was getting bounced around on it constantly.

Parakeetman

Yep thats the move I was talking about earlier when you mentioned the axe version. Shit kicked my ass pretty good on that rock garden map as got stuck by the rocks / trees with no where to tech out into so kept getting sucked back into the tornado.

Shouta

I'm at an impasse here.

I'm level 67, and I'm maybe halfway through the game? The parts I have are around 20ish because I only fuck with Standard. Rarely do I fuck with the Bounty stuff, maybe once a day or so, because I'm no longer overpowered to steamroll most shit.

My issue is I'm low on credits. I missed the glitch before the patch, so I'm playing honest, but man, I can't seem to get enough to upgrade the shit I want! I've learned to just stick with a single mech and try and upgrade that, while keeping a few weapons around to change out, but damn if I'm not running out after a few missions.

Should I keep playing the normal missions and THEN grind it out? Should I be selling my shit or keep it? (To that point, can I sell things without having to continuously hit the damn touch pad for every single one of them?)

Much of this won't matter in April when I rebuy the game anyway, depending on the translation, but still.

Do low level bounties a bunch of times. They drop GP items and occasionally will drop a gold GP coin or so worth 70,000-80,000 GP that you'll get after beating them along with their bounty. Very handy.

Also, if your parts are in your 20s, you should have quite a lot of DPS if you have the appropriate skills. I just hit 11000 Twinblade DPS myself though I'm getting weapons with additional elemental damage for more DPS now.

Hate that triple tornado skill!

It's straight up evil when people equip it on their fucking bounty gundams!

I had to quit out of a bounty run the other day as I was getting bounced around on it constantly.

Yep thats the move I was talking about earlier when you mentioned the axe version. Shit kicked my ass pretty good on that rock garden map as got stuck by the rocks / trees with no where to tech out into so kept getting sucked back into the tornado.

At least the AI won't pound you with ranged weapons while you're stuck in it. Just gotta mash dash and pray you get out then keep away from it, lol.

The axe attacks are better at ripping parts from enemies while the Twinblade ones are better for trapping enemies it seems.

Also Claw has piledrivers and spinning piledrivers. Too awesome.

Parakeetman

Do low level bounties a bunch of times. They drop GP items and occasionally will drop a gold GP coin or so worth 70,000-80,000 GP that you'll get after beating them along with their bounty. Very handy.

Also, if your parts are in your 20s, you should have quite a lot of DPS if you have the appropriate skills. I just hit 11000 Twinblade DPS myself though I'm getting weapons with additional elemental damage for more DPS now.

At least the AI won't pound you with ranged weapons while you're stuck in it. Just gotta mash dash and pray you get out then keep away from it, lol.

The axe attacks are better at ripping parts from enemies while the Twinblade ones are better for trapping enemies it seems.

Also Claw has piledrivers and spinning piledrivers. Too awesome.

man i gotta see the spinning piledriver that sounds hilarious. wonder if i can make a zangief bearguy lol

i still have yet to mess with the martial arts parts. i should do that soon

mujun

The missions are too friggin' long once you get into chapters 4 and 5. They take foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

It's not like the enemies are really harder, either. They just take more of a beating.

I think the GP balance is off. You need more of it the higher level your gear gets which means more grinding. Why don't I get more of it for missions the further into the story? Without it I can't get my damage high enough to take out later chapter enemies in a decent amount of time.

Sakura

I'm at an impasse here.

Eh, I never really bothered grinding for money doing bounty missions. Didn't seem necessary.
Just sell your shit. You sell 1000 high quality plastics and get like 100,000 GP. Sell all your common/white parts because they aren't really useful for anything. Sell all your other parts too after you've upgraded the stats you can.
No idea what you mean by the touchpad for every item. Go to the shop, press start to sell, sort parts by colour (so you don't accidentally sell yellow parts for example) then just hold down circle I think it is, and it will automatically select everything. Press square and sell.
The only thing you should really worry about levelling is your weapons. For other gear, just work on putting more/better skills on them. Levelling them doesn't do a whole lot, and I believe the higher level of your parts, the tougher the enemies are.
Make sure you have skills like Saber DPS (if that is what you are using) on your weapon and arm so you are going through enemies easier.

This was my set up near the end of chapter 5
You can see aside from my melee weapon most of my parts are below level 20, but even on hardcore I was having no trouble with any of the enemies and was clearing stages in decent time.
The missions are too friggin' long once you get into chapters 4 and 5. They take foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

It's not like the enemies are really harder, either. They just take more of a beating.

I think the GP balance is off. You need more of it the higher level your gear gets which means more grinding. Why don't I get more of it for missions the further into the story? Without it I can't get my damage high enough to take out later chapter enemies in a decent amount of time.

If you think missions are long now wait till you try the higher difficulties lol

Shouta

Usually means you need higher DPS to clear them quick then. That's the biggest thing I found with the game. Missions are designed in such a manner that you're supposed to be destroying enemies extremely quickly. That's why there's tons of back-ups/monuments/multiple cores, to make missions not so short, lol. It's a huge difference from GB2. The game is more akin to Diablo in a sense now on that front.

mujun

Usually means you need higher DPS to clear them quick then. That's the biggest thing I found with the game. Missions are designed in such a manner that you're supposed to be destroying enemies extremely quickly. That's why there's tons of back-ups/monuments/multiple cores, to make missions not so short, lol. It's a huge difference from GB2. The game is more akin to Diablo in a sense now on that front.

That's the problem. It costs so much to level up a weapon at higher levels.

I guess I'll grind out some chapter 1 missions or bounties.

Shouta

That's the problem. It costs so much to level up a weapon at higher levels.

I guess I'll grind out some chapter 1 missions or bounties.

Do bounties. The enemies will sometimes drop gold coins worth way more than normal and can net you a ton of GP quickly. The most I've gotten was 250,000 GP + the bounty itself.

mujun

Do bounties. The enemies will sometimes drop gold coins worth way more than normal and can net you a ton of GP quickly. The most I've gotten was 250,000 GP + the bounty itself.

I've done a bunch. I'll go back to that, I guess.

I burnt myself out on grinding early on trying to get parts and avoiding progressing through the story. Now that I'm trying to finish the game off I don't feel like grinding :(

Parakeetman

I've done a bunch. I'll go back to that, I guess.

I burnt myself out on grinding early on trying to get parts and avoiding progressing through the story. Now that I'm trying to finish the game off I don't feel like grinding :(

its far more beneficial to advance in the story than hang back and grind due to units that appear

Eh, I never really bothered grinding for money doing bounty missions. Didn't seem necessary.
Just sell your shit. You sell 1000 high quality plastics and get like 100,000 GP. Sell all your common/white parts because they aren't really useful for anything. Sell all your other parts too after you've upgraded the stats you can.
No idea what you mean by the touchpad for every item. Go to the shop, press start to sell, sort parts by colour (so you don't accidentally sell yellow parts for example) then just hold down circle I think it is, and it will automatically select everything. Press square and sell.
The only thing you should really worry about levelling is your weapons. For other gear, just work on putting more/better skills on them. Levelling them doesn't do a whole lot, and I believe the higher level of your parts, the tougher the enemies are.
Make sure you have skills like Saber DPS (if that is what you are using) on your weapon and arm so you are going through enemies easier.

This was my set up near the end of chapter 5

You can see aside from my melee weapon most of my parts are below level 20, but even on hardcore I was having no trouble with any of the enemies and was clearing stages in decent time.

If you think missions are long now wait till you try the higher difficulties lol

Thanks for the tips. I've been selling my inventory through the touchpad and it nearly burnt me out on this game.

I got kind of obsessive trying to keep parts, but I'll never make most of that shit at the moment. I should be making two or three mechs total and sticking to that.

Ponn

Banned
So if I import the Asian version I can play it on my US vita but I would have to make a different region profile is that right?

sensui-tomo

So if I import the Asian version I can play it on my US vita but I would have to make a different region profile is that right?

no, you can play it on any profile, you just wont be able to download dlc if it comes out since that requires access to the asian psn. You'll get patches though.

As far as I know. I just finished it last night myself.

Correct. You can't even get them until you finish the game one time.

Aww jeez. I got some during a multiplayer session that I had no business being in, and I might as well sell'em since they seem pretty garbage anyway.

I'm down to three configs, but I'm so late in the game I might as well go with my buffed Turn X and finish it, and THEN collect what I want.

Ponn

Banned
no, you can play it on any profile, you just wont be able to download dlc if it comes out since that requires access to the asian psn. You'll get patches though.

Oh awesome. I'm sorry i'm also talking about the Vita version if that makes a difference. I'm just not interested in doing the whole different profile switching for one game.

sensui-tomo

Oh awesome. I'm sorry i'm also talking about the Vita version if that makes a difference. I'm just not interested in doing the whole different profile switching for one game.

I know, Vita is region free, its just that if you want dlc on it... you'll need another memory card with an account matching the region of the game. Patches come regardless. But if you dont care about dlc... then just play on your normal account.

Alucrid

Banned

what sort of dlc would come out? also, would making an asian psn account and downloading the dlc there allow my other account to use it (for ps4)?

Ponn

Banned
I know, Vita is region free, its just that if you want dlc on it... you'll need another memory card with an account matching the region of the game. Patches come regardless. But if you dont care about dlc... then just play on your normal account.

Perfect, thanks. Yea don't care about the dlc, just want to break gundams and build mechs.

sensui-tomo

what sort of dlc would come out? also, would making an asian psn account and downloading the dlc there allow my other account to use it (for ps4)?

more mobile suits/possibly missions/etc. On ps4 i believe you'd have to do something with the asian account to make it the owner of the ps4 for dlc to work on all accounts. (i could be wrong though)

Top Bottom