• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Breaker 3 |OT| - This is my Gunpla There are many like it but this one is mine

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
What's different exactly about hot missions or w/e they are called. More rare parts? Increased drop rate? Ect.

Different units I think. I had actually forgot to totally read the description message, though seems like when that hot symbol is there, different "leader" units appear. You can check what to expect listed with the stage.

Sorta useful on occasion when you want to go through a stage to pick up more parts and there are specific more "rare" units which you want to get. Since sometimes early on when you see those appear stronger units which appear later in the game can appear early on thanks to the hot missions.

mujun

Nice stats on those mechs, guys.

I have my claws up to like 3500 or something. I am on chapter 3 stage 2.

I had to burn two or three retry tickets to beat the boss at the end of chapter 2. Has anyone beaten him without using a retry ticket?

What abilities should I be using?

The stuff on the dpad I don't really bother with (weapons wise). I pretty much only use the repair kits.

I just realized there are some activated with R3 and R2. They are equipment abilities, right? Are they useful?

Apart from that I'm pretty much all the two basic attacks, the R1 abilities, the red bar ability when it fills and my ranged weapon. Am I missing anything?

Shouta

Leveling up your weapon's parts level ups the DPS so much. I really need to focus on doing that so I can kill enemies quicker.

I also like being able to take a common and upgrading it to higher rarities. It's GP intensive but I don't have to sit and pray for drops lol

Sakura

Leveling up your weapon's parts level ups the DPS so much. I really need to focus on doing that so I can kill enemies quicker.

I also like being able to take a common and upgrading it to higher rarities. It's GP intensive but I don't have to sit and pray for drops lol

It's a nice system... but I can never seem to get anything higher than blue legs to drop so my legs are forever stuck on blues!

Parakeetman

It's a nice system... but I can never seem to get anything higher than blue legs to drop so my legs are forever stuck on blues!

up the difficulty as lots of stuff drops if you constantly break parts. your unit should be able to handle it no problem

If GP is an ongoing issue, try Bounty Hunter mode. It took me a while before I even tried it as I had just incorrectly assumed it was endgame only. You can go for the lower bounties fairly early on, and it seems to be by far the best GP gain for time spent. Note that you also get more GP than just the value of the bounties. You get a bonus multiplier the more bounties you defeat, and you pick up coins that drop off the enemies as well. It's also a ton of fun fighting other people's builds as a sort of mini boss fight. Being able to upgrade a bit more quickly, I'm aiming to play through most of the story on hardcore, though I imagine it'll get tougher as costs start to get really high.

Does my gunpla automatically get entered into the BH system when I play it, or do I need to enter it somehow?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Does my gunpla automatically get entered into the BH system when I play it, or do I need to enter it somehow?
If I remember the warning message correctly, uploading a picture in the Photo mode uploads your Gunpla information and after that it can appear for other people.

Thanks for showing me how to save my load out. He's beautiful.

I gotta glass cannon Z'gok good luck fucking with this boy.

One of the best ways I've gotten parts is to straight up hit the online mode, run a few games, and leave with some dank upgraded parts. Now that I'm blazing through Standard, it's about time I run some Hardcore matches.

Parakeetman

If GP is an ongoing issue, try Bounty Hunter mode. It took me a while before I even tried it as I had just incorrectly assumed it was endgame only. You can go for the lower bounties fairly early on, and it seems to be by far the best GP gain for time spent. Note that you also get more GP than just the value of the bounties. You get a bonus multiplier the more bounties you defeat, and you pick up coins that drop off the enemies as well. It's also a ton of fun fighting other people's builds as a sort of mini boss fight. Being able to upgrade a bit more quickly, I'm aiming to play through most of the story on hardcore, though I imagine it'll get tougher as costs start to get really high.

there are lucky drops also that can net 50 to 70k a drop plus the bounty itself. have yet to see higher than a 70k gold coin drop

Parakeetman

I was trying on hardcore too :(
Got some yellow pieces for other parts but still nothing past blue legs lol

for me when am wailing on a target with dual swords its like a pinata sometimes lol.

if you are looking just to get higher rarity faster most def go BHM

Parakeetman

I had to burn two or three retry tickets to beat the boss at the end of chapter 2. Has anyone beaten him without using a retry ticket?

The stuff on the dpad I don't really bother with (weapons wise). I pretty much only use the repair kits.

I just realized there are some activated with R3 and R2. They are equipment abilities, right? Are they useful?

Apart from that I'm pretty much all the two basic attacks, the R1 abilities, the red bar ability when it fills and my ranged weapon. Am I missing anything?

triple post time if you are not using the dpad equipment you really are cutting yourself out of extra useful combat options and damage

sorry for the multiple posts hate being stuck on a mobile

there are lucky drops also that can net 50 to 70k a drop plus the bounty itself. have yet to see higher than a 70k gold coin drop

I'm not sure what the coin total was, but my second or third run got me something like 120k. That was against one of each of the two lowest bounty tiers.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

While playing until about half of chapter 3 on standard/sometimes hardcore I've never died/had any of my partners die. Only exception was when I challenged 2 top bounties soon after I started the game (I just retired when I saw the difference in damage).

That said, all I did for that boss was using my regular upgraded gun and repairing with the d-pad option/ex action as needed.

I agree with Parakeetman that using d-pad options is the way to go, although personally after installing missile launchers on all slots and playing a bit with them all launching at the same time, decimating enemies and reloading for ages I switched to 7 "inner" builder parts which just increased my stats.

Holy hell.

Just played a match where the other three dudes had bits or something, and everything was going crazy. Surprised the game held up as well as it did, but we tore through what I assume to be a harder level or mode like paper. Drops are only in the upper teens, but still good stuff.

One of the things Breaker 3 benefits from is just not giving a fuck. Running out of money? Hit the Bounty Mode and rake in that sweet cash and rare parts. Low tier weapons? Don't worry, go online and help some people, and enjoy being OP.

This game throws balance to the wind, and if things get too crazy, you can work with the game to make it better.

Two things. You can equip more specials, and your optional/dpad weapons are VERY important.

Your specials are your bread and butter damage dealers, buffs, etc etc. Your optional weapons, which are stuck to your dpad, are just as important.

For example, my Z'Gok can use a special buff his melee, hookshot someone with the optional attack, do a few combos to lift them up in the air, extend all that with a shoulder rush special, then as I'm falling, let off an air grenade that keeps dudes up in the air while I regain some fuel.

Or, if I want, hookshot him down and repeat.

The game allows you to go crazy, and it's usually in your best interest to learn and stick with something you like.

Parakeetman

I'm not sure what the coin total was, but my second or third run got me something like 120k. That was against one of each of the two lowest bounty tiers.

yeah low tiers seem to drop 50k 70k has been from high.

those making dual melee or h2h builds you will need to up your 反応速度 as that increases your attack speed.

its why mine is so high on my build

mujun

While playing until about half of chapter 3 on standard/sometimes hardcore I've never died/had any of my partners die. Only exception was when I challenged 2 top bounties soon after I started the game (I just retired when I saw the difference in damage).

That said, all I did for that boss was using my regular upgraded gun and repairing with the d-pad option/ex action as needed.

I agree with Parakeetman that using d-pad options is the way to go, although personally after installing missile launchers on all slots and playing a bit with them all launching at the same time, decimating enemies and reloading for ages I switched to 7 "inner" builder parts which just increased my stats.

I'm confused!

I've equipped a bunch of missile launchers in my builder slots. They aren't the dpad selectable slots, though, right? I'd prefer to load those slots up with passive stat raisers or something I don't have to actually activate if possible.

The dpad slots allowed me to equip missile launchers as well along with blades and the like. Are those things coming from my melee and ranged weapon lists?

Is the dpad setup just assigning controls while the builder parts menu actually installing parts that are manipulated in different ways (for example some being passive stat bonuses, others actual weapons)?

Parakeetman

I'm confused!

I've equipped a bunch of missile launchers in my builder slots. They aren't the dpad selectable slots, though, right? I'd prefer to load those slots up with passive stat raisers or something I don't have to actually activate if possible.

The dpad slots allowed me to equip missile launchers as well along with blades and the like. Are those things coming from my melee and ranged weapon lists?

Is the dpad setup just assigning controls while the builder parts menu actually installing parts that are manipulated in different ways (for example some being passive stat bonuses, others actual weapons)?

There are attachments that act like weapons others which up stats. And even some which just seem to be cosmetic.

You should focus first on putting some useful attachment weapons on, then use the remaining attachment points (7 total?) I think is what we get, for your stats upping ones. Though if you have so many standard parts with abilities that fill up your dpad, then you can focus on the stats upping attachments first.

Reason being is later on enemies will become even more resistant and its a huge pain in the ass when you need to constantly rip their shields off again from the start if they have a chance to recover from the "stun" effect of being constantly hit.

If you watch my vids you can see what you can do with a fully loaded out unit with the dpad. Though its a combination of attachments and weapon abilities of actual parts. Such as grenades from my legs, rockets from my shield, etc.

Also things like missile pods for example when you stick multiple on your unit for example 2 arms / 2 legs, they become slaved to the same action so all 4 will fire when you activate it. I have not tried it with things like cannons yet, but would imagine its the same. So the effect / damage will stack when you do that.

Though when you put on / take off parts you need to reset the skills again as the game will automatically remove anything from your dpad or skills R1 + buttons configuration.

With all of that above being said, there are also skills that come from parts. So those also can be attached to the Dpad or even the normal skill activation I do believe depending on what it is.

Shop costs are ridiculous. You are asking thousands for a level 8 Zeta?

Jesus. Does this shit ever level up as the game goes along?

Parakeetman

There really is no reason to buy stuff from a shop unless you are missing a specific piece. Most of the time I have 80% of kits completed when I browse the stock.

Only time I bought a kit was starting out. After that Im literally swimming in parts. Grey or not, can still mass combine them for exp early on. Later on its not as cost efficient to do when your parts enter the teens in levels.

Im curious of the parts in kits are "random" in the sense with the quality and levels they give. To kinda add a bit more reason to actually blow cash on them for fun.

mujun

Thanks Parakeetman for explaining.

I'm sort of stuck at the moment. My hand blades do over 4000 so I think that the DPS is good on them and I have 138000 HP. Chapter 3 mission 2 or so.

Thing is I have arms that boost hand to hand weapon DPS by a thousand and I leveled up the claws with plastic and by merging so it's hard to try out other weapons as I don't want lose the damage.

Do I have to wait for hands that boost other weapon types or later on will I either get a shit load of plastic and/or better quality weapons that do similar damage to my claws?

Nothing I've picked up for like the last ten missions has been even remotely as good.

Parakeetman

Thanks Parakeetman for explaining.

I'm sort of stuck at the moment. My hand blades do over 4000 so I think that the DPS is good on them and I have 138000 HP. Chapter 3 mission 2 or so.

Thing is I have arms that boost hand to hand weapon DPS by a thousand and I leveled up the claws with plastic and by merging so it's hard to try out other weapons as I don't want lose the damage.

Do I have to wait for hands that boost other weapon types or later on will I either get a shit load of plastic and/or better quality weapons that do similar damage to my claws?

Nothing I've picked up for like the last ten missions has been even remotely as good.

Pretty much you wont find anything as good as custom upgraded equipment. Which means you will need to go working on something else yourself. Well actually that isnt 100% true since some items in their teens can be fairly high damage wise and start coming with effects such as fire / ice / lightning etc. I still have not converted my dual swords to any of the newer ones yet though.

That and dual swords / martial arts is pretty much the way to go for breaking parts off easily is what it seems other users are saying. Being dual blades user myself with high 反応速度 Id have to agree as long as you can keep stunning them.

Danneee

Does any of the asian PSN stores that will have the English localized version accept a non asian PayPal account?

Sakura

Wouldn't that just add to the cost and require me to find a place that sell them? Easiest would be to just add cash via PayPal imo.

Well, you can attempt to link it up. If it doesn't work it doesn't work.
I know for every other region I've tried you needed a PayPal from the region though.

Shouta

You don't really need to buy unless you want the piece without grinding or doing a Diverge merge or whatever. It can be worth it if you have a specific build you want to do though because even Common/White pieces can become Exclusive/Legendary eventually through pair merge.

White + Green or higher = Green result
Green + Blue or higher = Blue result
Blue + Purple or higher = Purple result
Purple + Orange = Orange Result.

Rarity increases give you more skill slots and more room to get big stat bonuses and etc.

Anyway, I leveled up Axe and Long Rifle last night and it's so good. Axe seriously rips through enemies quickly with its skills and can even do a parts out with the two shield types up meaning faster runs through maps. The EX-action that causes you to spin like a Tornado is AMAZING will disable an enemy when their resist bar (or whatever, the one below the health) goes out.

It's super important to customize your gunpla to your play style and to level up the skill as much as possible otherwise stuff just takes too long to kill making the maps even longer. One level in a part gives like several hundred DPS and it's a huge difference. You really gotta put time into your suits to make them super powerful.

Parakeetman

You don't really need to buy unless you want the piece without grinding or doing a Diverge merge or whatever. It can be worth it if you have a specific build you want to do though because even Common/White pieces can become Exclusive/Legendary eventually through pair merge.

White + Green or higher = Green result
Green + Blue or higher = Blue result
Blue + Purple or higher = Purple result
Purple + Orange = Orange Result.

Rarity increases give you more skill slots and more room to get big stat bonuses and etc.

Anyway, I leveled up Axe and Long Rifle last night and it's so good. Axe seriously rips through enemies quickly with its skills and can even do a parts out with the two shield types up meaning faster runs through maps. The EX-action that causes you to spin like a Tornado is AMAZING will disable an enemy when their resist bar (or whatever, the one below the health) goes out.

It's super important to customize your gunpla to your play style and to level up the skill as much as possible otherwise stuff just takes too long to kill making the maps even longer. One level in a part gives like several hundred DPS and it's a huge difference. You really gotta put time into your suits to make them super powerful.

I did the OT title as a joke since I couldnt think of anything else "witty" which could be the all too perfect GB2 OT title, though its hilarious with how fitting it is now with how GB3's customization is designed.

Dear god I fought 2 units in BHM that had that tornado move. Was a NIGHTMARE considering it was the Top and 2nd units on the list due to them having some parts I wanted. D: I think? the darth maul looking weapons have that too.

Shouta

Oh man, there are Unique Yellow skills that drop on gear sometimes that gives you unique abilities. I just got a Proto Zero Twin Buster Rifle with a skill that causes its shots to become be explosive on hit. Tried it out and worked exactly like the description but then I tried it on my Beam Machinegun and every little shot now explodes lol

Parakeetman

Oh man, there are Unique Yellow skills that drop on gear sometimes that gives you unique abilities. I just got a Proto Zero Twin Buster Rifle with a skill that causes its shots to become be explosive on hit. Tried it out and worked exactly like the description but then I tried it on my Beam Machinegun and every little shot now explodes lol

That is pretty awesome. Sounds so hilariously OP. I wonder what happens if I get that on my shotgun. :eek:

Man if melee weapons had the explosive ability....

IMG_4564.GIF

Sakura

I seem to have lots of trouble fighting the giant gunpla. Just constantly grabbing me or blasting me.

Yea, I got gear with a skill saying it prevents instant deaths, and the first thing I was thinking of was, there are instant deaths? And now I am too afraid to remove it.

Parakeetman

I seem to have lots of trouble fighting the giant gunpla. Just constantly grabbing me or blasting me.

Yea, I got gear with a skill saying it prevents instant deaths, and the first thing I was thinking of was, there are instant deaths? And now I am too afraid to remove it.

The yellow head unit I found had the same thing and had me worried when I read that lol

Sakura

The yellow head unit I found had the same thing and had me worried when I read that lol

I fought a Gunpla for one of the bounties that kept using some move that would instantly drop me from full health to a sliver of health, so I was thinking the only thing saving me was that skill.

Parakeetman

I fought a Gunpla for one of the bounties that kept using some move that would instantly drop me from full health to a sliver of health, so I was thinking the only thing saving me was that skill.

Oh man. D: I am so glad I have not yet encounter that, but makes me want to go and combine the heads so I can get that skill

Shouta

Here's my current Gundam. It looks like the Exbein from SRW OGs because of the head and shield bits but oh well, lol. I can always change it if I want.

I can basically keep enemies stuck in place with my Axe skills (Axe Screw and Axe Hurricane) while my Machinegun skills blast enemies automatically. The shield bits I can use either on offense or defense depending on situation.

I'll see if I can record some of this in action another day.

Parakeetman

Here's my current Gundam. It looks like the Exbein from SRW OGs because of the head and shield bits but oh well, lol. I can always change it if I want.

I can basically keep enemies stuck in place with my Axe skills (Axe Screw and Axe Hurricane) while my Machinegun skills blast enemies automatically. The shield bits I can use either on offense or defense depending on situation.

I'll see if I can record some of this in action another day.

Very cool stuff.

I bet you could make something close to the R2-Powered in GB3 Using like Seravee / Advance Hazel parts for the body.

Stalk

Sorry if this question has been asked (or asked to death!) but how is the performance on Vita versus the PS4 version? Is it a notable decrease or is it just more pop in / less pretty textures? Considering dropping some money on this since it looks fun (and the other Extreme Vs game on vita didn't appeal as much).

Sakura

Just finished the story.
Really liked the ending, just wish there was more story in general. Hopefully in another game they expand on it.

kubricks

I am kinds of on the fence about GB3 since I am currently addicted to Tits:SC and still having fun on EXVS-force... then I see this;

Cc_MoWdUEAAK4eJ.jpg

I am getting this game tomorrow lol.

Top Bottom