• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

BraXzy

Only 73 more "Buckle Up!" medals to go for the company. We believe in you Ex Wife!

These are all that matter.

fcb357fa0480a1bb51f5c1c039d48bee.png

blamite

So is the plan Weekly Update tonight, stream sometime next week, and then Reach update at some point after that?
I can only do so much. I'd say I've done more than my fair share when we have 100 fuckers in the company:

alWY6a4.png

Also, still waiting on dat sayonara medal :(

Uh huh... You realize Buckle Up is the "Forgot to pay the toll" commendation, right?
Sayonara's bugged, right? It hasn't happened that much since there's only a couple maps with dropoffs, but I swear I've had a handful of situations that seemingly should've given that medal, yet I've never gotten one.

Strider

There is nooooooo way I'd ever buy a BF game at launch...

New BF looks cool but I'll wait for the complete edition with all the DLC

Fuck season passes btw. Give me the Halo 5 dlc model anyday.

So is the plan Weekly Update tonight, stream sometime next week, and then Reach update at some point after that?

Sayonara's bugged, right? It hasn't happened that much since there's only a couple maps with dropoffs, but I swear I've had a handful of situations that seemingly should've given that medal, yet I've never gotten one.
Yeah, it's bugged since day 1.

Trup1aya

So you agree that your argument was nonsense then? Good lol.

I agree that it's nonsense that 343i won't do it.

I'm not arguing that they shouldn't do it. We have 7 months of precedence that they WON'T do it.

I mean, if you read the second paragraph in my argument, you'll see that I call for the same gametypes you do. Many are already in the game, in an unofficial capacity, yet we still get slayer variants (even if they are woefully bad)... Every time.

I'd personally much rather playtest oddball, than play FFA swat... Anyone in their right mind would. But there's clearly some 343i reasoning at play, keeping this from happening. The pattern seems to be that the gametypes must be official.

I agree that it's nonsense that 343i won't do it.

I'm not arguing that they shouldn't do it. We have 7 months of precedence that they WON'T do it.

I mean, if you read the second paragraph in my argument, you'll see that I call for the same gametypes you do. Many are already in the game, in an unofficial capacity, yet we still get slayer variants... Every time.
Point is, we have more than enough options to fill up 3 voting slots for a weekend playlist. That's what you were arguing against.

I don't really even care if the voting for playlists returns, but to see you use the reason of "not enough official gametypes" against it was ehhh.

Trup1aya

Point is, we have more than enough options to fill up 3 voting slots for a weekend playlist. That's what you were arguing against.

I don't really even care if the voting for playlists returns, but to see you use the reason of "not enough official gametypes" against it was ehhh.

No I wasn't arguing "against" it. I was mentioning what appears to be 343i's argument against it.

When all we had "officially" was Slayer, CTF, Strongholds, and Breakout, the voting results were extremely repetitive. The only official gametype since then has been Assualt, so I can't help but predict voting results would again be repetitive. 343i also mentioned that the work required to incorporate elected playlists into MM was prohibitively extensive. If that is true, there's no reason to believe that adding more voting options will eliminate that issue.

Unless 343i changes their attitude towards using unofficial gametypes, and is either willing to allow players to do the playtesting or finds a way to expedite the process, I have no reason to believe they'll change their ways.

Nothing you said there convinces me that the argument of those polls not existing due to a lack of "official" gametypes is valid.
  • Oddball
  • Action Sack
  • Fiesta Objective
There goes one week. Don't even hold a poll the following two weeks, just say that for the next 3 weeks, they'll rotate those 3 gametypes in order of what received the most votes. Done. It being some "official" gametype is some arbitrary restriction that you made up. Sure that's what 343 may be thinking, but even so it's still a poor argument against reviving those polls.

As far as the "prohibitively extensive testing" bit, that's silly too. I'm not going to sit here and argue against it though, but what I will say is that from an outsider's perspective, it seems like terrible management to have such things as getting an Action Sack playlist take this long or to have BTB take as long as it did to receive updated maps.

Trup1aya

Nothing you said there convinces me that the argument of those polls not existing due to a lack of "official" gametypes is valid.
  • Oddball
  • Action Sack
  • Fiesta Objective
There goes one week. Don't even hold a poll the following two weeks, just say that for the next 3 weeks, they'll rotate those 3 gametypes in order of what received the most votes. Done. It being some "official" gametype is some arbitrary restriction that you made up. Sure that's what 343 may be thinking, but even so it's still a poor argument against reviving those polls.

As far as the "prohibitively extensive testing" bit, that's silly too. I'm not going to sit here and argue against it though, but what I will say is that from an outsider's perspective, it seems like terrible management to have such things as getting an Action Sack playlist take this long or to have BTB take as long as it did to receive updated maps.

Where did you get the idea that I'm against these things? I'm all for each of them. It's 343i who is apparently against them. They have yet to incorporate anything other than variants of unofficial gametypes.

You're listing a bunch of things that would, to an outsider, seem feasible... But here we are , 7 months later, with yet another slayer variant. I don't know EXACTLY why 343i won't use unofficial gametypes... I just know we are in month 7 and 343i has yet to use unofficial gametypes. It IS arbitrary... But I'm just here recognizing a pattern. You seem to think that I 'made it up'... But 343i is ,apparently, living by it. *kanye shrug

The 'prohibitively extensive testing' bit is what 343i cited when they got rid of the voting... Yet you attribute it to me.... Again *kanye shrug

It IS terrible management and exceedingly arbitrary from where I sit... No disagreement there. I mean, that's pretty much what I've been getting at... No clue what you are arguing with me about, really.

Well, we're both in agreement that the argument of "official" gametypes being the reason why voting hasn't returned is not a good one, so let's just move on from that.
The 'prohibitively extensive testing' bit is what 343i cited when they got rid of the voting... Yet you attribute it to me.... Again *kanye shrug

It IS terrible management and exceedingly arbitrary from where I sit... No disagreement there. I mean, that's pretty much what I've been getting at... No clue what you are arguing with me about, really.
I wasn't attributing that to you because I remember when Bravo posted it, but it was in the context of people asking why adding the updated BTB maps were taking so long, not over the voting. The voting seemed to just disappear without any comment from 343 as far as I'm aware.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/making-memories

The vehicle it's a Phaeton..

Balanced (default): Search for a match based on your fireteam's skill and network connection quality.
Expanded: Widen search parameters to find the first available match with reasonable skill matching and network connection quality.
Focused: Narrow search to find the best match based on your fireteam's skill and connection. Search times may be longer than normal.

Looks Like I'll be using Focused

Wrath armor looks really akward to me. Lol
Only armor that looks good is vigilant.

h5-guardians-vigilant-blue-front-small-b795f023c7d645a98a05d91e6ceccb42.png

Well live stream is Wednesday. So update prob hitting Thursday. Cool cool.

Top Bottom