• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Championship Pro League details released

jem0208

hcs-pro_module-1375a339be4e4429be186b80e56bc5b6.jpg

i
i

Recap

• Top 8 North American Pro Teams
  • Top 6 European Pro Teams
  • ESL Streams Weekly
  • 2017 Halo World Championship RETURNS w/ $1M Prize Pot and Crowdfunding
  • May 31st – July 28th
  • Top 6 Team Playoffs in LA ($250,000 Prize Pot)
  • Online and LAN Qualifier Events (April & May)
  • Bottom 2 Pro Teams Relegated to face Challengers

http://teambeyond.net/hcs-pro-league-information/

From Che Chou's twitter (director of Halo Esports):
Also, #HCS team skins are in the works. ����
https://twitter.com/chespace/status/719913821620416512
#HCS 2016 year will be comprised of 2 seasons (Summer and Fall) and a World Champs. Seasonal finals are $250K, #HWC starts at $1M.
https://twitter.com/chespace/status/719913507332841473

No one cares

Halo is dead

People still play Halo

Sprint ruined Halo

343 ruined Halo

OddOne ruined Halo

60fps ruined Halo

Boo no split screen

This is the worst selling Halo

Lol Halo

Elzar is the da best

That should cover any possible distractions.

Anyway, GGs looking forward to the return of Walshy.

Strider

Should also be noted they confirmed a Fall season as well!

So summer season ----> Fall season -----> 2017 Worlds

I love both playing and watching Halo 5 so I'm excited about this. Really happy with the post launch support so far and knowing 343/MS will continue to support the Esports side of Halo through at least the first rquarter of 2017 is great.

Warxard

Banned
No one cares

Halo is dead

People still play Halo

Sprint ruined Halo

343 ruined Halo

OddOne ruined Halo

60fps ruined Halo

Boo no split screen

Lol Halo

Elzar is the da best

you forgot 'what makes Halo 'halo'"

jem0208

The teams invited to the first LAN qualifier all have a member from the now disbanded Allegiance and incude:

Evil Geniuses:
- Roy
- Lunchbox
- Snipedown
- Suspector

Optic Gaming:
- Flamesword
- Maniac
- Naded
- Ace

Team EnVyUs:
- Mikwen
- Pistola
- El Town
- Rayne

Enigma 6:
- Cratos
- Bubu Dubu
- Huke
- Shooter

No one cares

Halo is dead

People still play Halo

Sprint ruined Halo

343 ruined Halo

OddOne ruined Halo

60fps ruined Halo

Boo no split screen

Lol Halo

Elzar is the da best

Thank you!

Love ya <3

Computer

Halo 4 life. I am so happy about this announcement. 1.5 mill in prize money and growing. Oh ya in game team skins are coming.

Glass

Oh guys, everything I wanted <3

I'm so excited, the best console shooter has a proleague now

Yeah, it reads like a checklist of what people wanted. Crowd funding is back, team skins which will sky rocket said crowd funding. Can't wait to mess up my sleep schedule all over again.

jem0208

Mind boggling... why doesn't CLG have a direct invite? Why doesn't Renegades or Liquid?
CLG did get an invite.

RNG doesn't have an official team yet although it seems very likely that it will be:

- Ninja
- Commonly
- Victory X
- Penguin

Liquid doesn't even have a potential roster at the moment, Ace left them for Optic and it seems likely that APG has left for Denial.

The only other team that was going to get an outright invite was Allegiance however they disbanded so instead there's an invitational for each team which includes an original member.

Strider

The teams invited to the PAX lan are the only confirmed teams (besides CLG) and they are signed with orgs already. The rest are not and that's probably why they were not invited.

But yea 343 basically nailed this overall... It's great.

Never really cared much for Esports, but I have loved Halo and play it since Halo 2. Last season really got me hooked onto Halo Esports.

It can only get bigger from here (hopefully)!

Never really cared much for Esports, but I have loved Halo and play it since Halo 2. Last season really got me hooked onto Halo Esports.

It can only get bigger from here (hopefully)!

It cant get smaller. The matches last month had like 20k peak viewers or something. I have seen individual streamers with larger audiences.

Glass

It cant get smaller. The matches last month had like 20k peak viewers or something. I have seen individual streamers with larger audiences.

The finals capped out at 100k on Twitch, so they're on the way up. The individual streamers who get over 10k viewers have been at the Twitch grind for years, Halo is back after a long absence and is making its way back up from scratch. It's come a long way in 5's lifespan I'd say.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
this is awesome. I've really gotten into following the HCS and individual pros and teams. excited to have quite a bit to look forward to and its starting really soon. we should see teams finalize quickly too (though for the most part the seem to have already). wonder what they'll do about roster changes?

mo60

HWC World finals had around 98k(maybe higher) viewers(25K+ on one or more twitch channels and 70K+ on the main halo channel) at once.

singhr1

Man, 343 listening to everything. You wanted skins, you wanted double elims, you wanted a pro circuit, you wanted more LAN events. 343 delivers.

Many people may not like the game they put out but they sure know how to support it and its players/fan-base.

Strider

Well they really only announced double elimination for the one event so far... And that event only has 4 teams. If they didn't use double elimination for the PAX tournament it would last only 2-3 hours lol

But it's a nice start though. I hope it means we'll have double elimination for all tournaments now but that doesn't seem to be confirmed just yet. That's only a confirmation of the format for the PAX event.

Edit: Just to add... I definitely expect them to have double elim for the other events too though. They seem to have taken all of the feedback very seriously.

singhr1

True. They did also reduce the number of best of 7 events for PAX too, now only the 3 finals. I'm fine either way but championship Sunday of HWC Finals 2016 had a lot of time before the finals so they could fit in a few more matches of a losers' bracket.

belushy

Banned
I was super nervous that the prize pool would even be under 100k. They really are pouring money into this and its awesome to see. Team skins are going to get the HWC 2017 prize pool to 2.5m in no time.

Hopefully the challenger league is set up well, too. It might just be a ladder or something.

Awesome!! I enjoyed the Finals a few weeks ago. Really excited about this. Reading this thread i just read about Allegiance disbanding. They were a great team. Good to see Naded is still going for it as well.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Man, 343 listening to everything. You wanted skins, you wanted double elims, you wanted a pro circuit, you wanted more LAN events. 343 delivers.

Many people may not like the game they put out but they sure know how to support it and its players/fan-base.

It's been great. Even though some of the updates haven't been the best it has been nice not having to buy a season pass to get new content.

No one cares

Halo is dead

People still play Halo

Sprint ruined Halo

343 ruined Halo

OddOne ruined Halo

60fps ruined Halo

Boo no split screen

Lol Halo

Elzar is the da best

you forgot " I wish bungie came back"

anyway wooooo can't wait for CLG's next payday Kappa

belushy

Banned
So the qualifiers will use the same gametype and map rotation... I hope we see at least Assault in the rotation by the time the League itself starts.

By the 2nd season I hope we see KOTH, Oddball, Assault, and Extraction in as well. The more gametypes, the better imo. The pro league would function well with a map/gametype veto system imo

Top Bottom