• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Championship Series: Daytona 2017, May 12th - 14th

Lima

Man if Halo Reach and Halo 4 weren't so shit to play in Mp and especially on the competitive side, MLG still be handling the events etc. competitive Halo would be fucking huge today still. Like maybe not rivaling CSGO crowds but damn the level of quality in this deserves a bigger stage and a larger audience on Twitch etc.

BizzyBum

One thing I wish they did was a better post game show like professional sports.

I want to watch everyone get an interview including the losers.

BigPapi

Man if Halo Reach and Halo 4 weren't so shit to play in Mp and especially on the competitive side, MLG still be handling the events etc. competitive Halo would be fucking huge today still. Like maybe not rivaling CSGO crowds but damn the level of quality in this deserves a bigger stage and a larger audience on Twitch etc.

I think once halo comes to PC it will grow even larger

BizzyBum

That's the dream!

Wonder what will happen to the competitive events though. Will they make separate events for console and PC? Or will they focus on only PC or Console exclusively?

They'd probably do what Gears does and have competitive be on consoles.

Lima

I think once halo comes to PC it will grow even larger

I don't think so.

Especially the hype of plays won't be there as much.

Like when Mikwen hit 4 no scope headshots with the sniper. That shit is only impressive and gets the crowd hyped because it's on console and played with a controller.

They'd probably do what Gears does and have competitive be on consoles.

The big issue with that is PC players won't be interested in the esports scene if it's console-only, which is VERY bad. The great benefit of PC is that is has wordwide appeal. An xbox-centric scene can only grow so much before it tapers.

But if there's a PC-only scene, then some established players/fans may be alienated.

Either way, it'll be a tough call to make.

If they allow for cross platform play, but require PC players to use controllers I could see it being a workable compromise that benefits the scene.

I don't think so.

Like when Mikwen hit 4 no scope headshots with the sniper. That shit is only impressive and gets the crowd hyped because it's on console and played with a controller.

I'm sorry but that's just not true at all lmao. I mean, maybe for you. Those shots are amazing with a controller and would also be amazing with a zero aim assist mouse.

Not that this is leveled at you but I've seen many people make the argument that Halo wouldn't be as rewarding to play on PC because it's "easier" to hit shots with a mouse... WAT. Having a mouse to aim with doesn't just make every Bronze to Champion player a god lmao.

ViciousDS

Banned
I don't think so.

there was a lot of times though when they were going at it where certain misses and shit happened......that I was like, WTF these guys are pros and at times look terrible. There are times where controller play definitely bogs some of the excitement though, that pin point precision of the 4 no scope with the sniper would look unreal with a mouse and make just as good as an impression knowing almost any standard player is solid with a keyboard and mouse in their hands.

Lima

I'm sorry but that's just not true at all lmao. I mean, maybe for you. Those shots are amazing with a controller and would also be amazing with a zero aim assist mouse.

Not that this is leveled at you but I've seen many people make the argument that Halo wouldn't be as rewarding to play on PC because it's "easier" to hit shots with a mouse... WAT. Having a mouse to aim with doesn't just make every Bronze to Champion player a god lmao.

I disagree.

Having a reticle on screen while not scoping is huge. I played H5 sniper only lobbies on PC. It's easy as shit to hit shots.

Think about if the AWP had a reticle on screen at all times. Pro's would be no scoping fools left and right.

I disagree.

Having a reticle on screen while not scoping is huge. I played H5 sniper only lobbies on PC. It's easy as shit to hit shots.

Think about if the AWP had a reticle on screen at all times. Pro's would be no scoping fools left and right.

If your argument about Halo as a whole not growing larger on PC is contingent on a single weapon maybe kind of being easier to shoot (in a space that has games like Quake which do the exact same thing) then I dunno what to tell you. :p There are plenty of people raring to play Halo on PC again. Even a Steam release of something like the MCC or even just Halo 3 would explode at this point.

jem0208

I'm pretty sure we've discussed this before but hitting headshots with a sniper on PC will literally be just as easy as hitting them with the pistol.

This isn't a matter of opinion, it's a fact. Unless they were to fairly drastically change how the sniper works.

Trup1aya

The sniper would have to work differently, no doubt. Go back to projectile, add drop, maybe even remove the reticle when unscoped.

Top Bottom