• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Championship Series: Daytona 2017, May 12th - 14th

Trup1aya

I really enjoyed Halo 5, but after playing Titanfall 2 it is a bit hard to go back to Halo 5, or 90% of other shooters simply because the controls in TF2 feel so smooth. Any impressions on the heavy aim fix? That sounds really interesting!

Feedback from Pros has been extremely positive.

Falcated basically said that everyone should be excited and we are in for a treat

E92 M3

This event blows. 343 has one job: Keep Halo great - and they can't even do that with Microsoft's backing.

Phil Spencer should be ashamed.

SpartanN92

Banned
I'm guessing a few of these dudes have to be approaching 30. Wonder at what age does it actually affect hand movement

I'm 24 and I'm nowhere near as good as I was at 18. Granted I don't play 5+ hours a day anymore (he'll im lucky to get 5 hours a month) but the difference in reaction time and hand movement is very noticeable to me.

I'm 24 and I'm nowhere near as good as I was at 18. Granted I don't play 5+ hours a day anymore (he'll im lucky to get 5 hours a month) but the difference in reaction time and hand movement is very noticeable to me.
I'm 33 and lucky to do decent in siege. I feel 15 or younger can peak at actual hand movements. Decent skill and thinking can still go a long way but these dudes are getting well pass thier prime imo

Ogre has to be near 30 or older but I'm sure a few of them are still pretty young considering how young they were when they started in h3 and reach.

SpartanN92

Banned
I'm 33 and lucky to do decent in siege. I feel 15 or younger can peak at actual hand movements. Decent skill and thinking can still go a long way but these dudes are getting well pass thier prime imo

Ogre has to be near 30 or older but I'm sure a few of them are still pretty young considering how young they were when they started in h3 and reach.

Yeah they are certainly nearing their expiration date.

SpartanN92

Banned
That's sort of sad but happens in everything.

Might as well start the 30 to 40 aged tourneys in the next five years lol

Hahaha instead of weight classes we have age classes

"And here come the grizzled ancients... the oldest player on the team is 33 years old! Might as well bury him now."

BizzyBum

I'm going to guess that playing 5 hours a month as opposed to 5 hours a day has more to do with it.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
This event blows. 343 has one job: Keep Halo great - and they can't even do that with Microsoft's backing.

Phil Spencer should be ashamed.

I don't think you've shared that sentiment before. Please do it again just to make sure we all know how you feel.

Madness

Goldenboy threw a few jabs at production and Microsoft lol, it was hilarious.

It is obvious to everyone. Even my younger cousins who used to watch me play h3, beg me to let them play Reach, are playing games like R6 Siege and Overwatch. They watch CoD tourneys now and even they heard of how poor the HWC 2017 was.

343 needs to stop hitting shitty TOs.

MLG and ESL do good work but I wonder if the budget isn't there to hire them for small events like this one.

Eh, the blame is still at 343's feet. They are the ones hiring these TO's, the ones not doing due diligence or ensuring things run off without a hitch. When you have people like Adam from MLG post more than staff, and talk about not being asked to help, you know there is a fundamental breakdown here. If Gears and Coalition can get MLG, 343 can get MLG back with ten times the budget. I honestly think were MLG to be given the next LAN, and they market it as a return, they could break 100k twitch viewers if people tune in to see another MLG run Halo event. My fear is that when 343 gets over their own ego, MLG won't want them back. Just sucks because the gameplay is there, the pro scene hasn't been this good in years, and we are getting back to decent casting and yet it is just one poor event after the other.

jem0208

Eh, the blame is still at 343's feet. They are the ones hiring these TO's, the ones not doing due diligence or ensuring things run off without a hitch. When you have people like Adam from MLG post more than staff, and talk about not being asked to help, you know there is a fundamental breakdown here. If Gears and Coalition can get MLG, 343 can get MLG back with ten times the budget. I honestly think were MLG to be given the next LAN, and they market it as a return, they could break 100k twitch viewers if people tune in to see another MLG run Halo event. My fear is that when 343 gets over their own ego, MLG won't want them back. Just sucks because the gameplay is there, the pro scene hasn't been this good in years, and we are getting back to decent casting and yet it is just one poor event after the other.
I mean, that's kinda what I said.

lol Walshy "He nose..."

yVpT953.gif

Reaching FATstronaut levels of pun.

If this is true I might reinstall and play a little bit to see how it feels. Also, if it is true that Halo 6 won't be mentioned at E3, the best thing 343 can do is reveal a free map pack bonanza at e3 with a crap load of new dev made maps. I'm doing wishful thinking but it would be nice. A whole bunch of actual btb maps and a new fresh injection of good 4v4 maps. That along with the return of oddball and king of the hill would be pretty sick. Alas, I'm dreaming :*(

Top Bottom