• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Championship Series: Daytona 2017, May 12th - 14th

BizzyBum

STICK BEAST 73

They got the triple cap that early and then decided to go for the enemy core?! Bold move.
lol

dead2.gif

belushy

Banned
As I said earlier, Worlds had near enough perfect production. It was a fantastic tournament to watch on stream.

I watch every tournament, Jem. I know worlds was fine overall, but in general every TO 343 has used with Halo 5 has had their share of problems. Not just talking production.

BizzyBum

too bad I will be working and will miss most of the event. lol 343 always has problem with mics

We have 14 spots . We are 2 Kill commendations left to Unlock the Achilles Armor(25 for the helmet)
Requirements: Be an active Halo 5 Player. ( Please don't sent a join request if you don't have the game or don't play the game anymore)
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/team%20frankie

PM Unfriendly TimeTraveler, he was looking to get the armor.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=577068

Velikost

Can't believe they're tweaking the aiming again. I mean I guess I'm cool with it if it feels good but this is like the fourth adjustment period required since the game launched. It was fine in the beta, but then I had to adjust at launch, and when I got a solid feel they added deadzones and other tweaks. Took awhile to get used to that, but in their defense it did feel better, and then they changed it all again, claiming it was "fixed", and after this latest tweak it feels even more off for me than it did at launch. Really getting tired of having to get get re-acclimated with their aiming every 4-6 months

We have 14 spots . We are 2 Kill commendations left to Unlock the Achilles Armor(25 for the helmet)
Requirements: Be an active Halo 5 Player. ( Please don't sent a join request if you don't have the game or don't play the game anymore)
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/team%20frankie

Sent y'all a request

PM Unfriendly TimeTraveler, he was looking to get the armor.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=577068

Thanks for the SO. I'll send a request but then I won't be a part of halogaf technically. That and I'll feel bad if I just join and help just for the armor.

ot though can't wait to watch the finals Sunday. Much as I love watching pro tier playing halo I don't have time to watch most of it cause I have work on Saturday. Unless I hear of standout shit occurring I never watch past streams.

Still hope somebody can pose a threat to optic so we can get some interesting finals going.

Madness

At what point is enough, enough. This is easily one of the worst run tournaments I have seen. It is almost like each event gets worse. The quality of the pros and gameplay is the only thing keeping HCS afloat.

At what point is enough, enough. This is easily one of the worst run tournaments I have seen. It is almost like each event gets worse. The quality of the pros and gameplay is the only thing keeping HCS afloat.

Goldenboy threw a few jabs at production and Microsoft lol, it was hilarious.

jem0208

343 needs to stop hitting shitty TOs.

MLG and ESL do good work but I wonder if the budget isn't there to hire them for small events like this one.

Trup1aya

343 needs to stop hitting shitty TOs.

MLG and ESL do good work but I wonder if the budget isn't there to hire them for small events like this one.

I just don't see how it's a budget thing when Gears has MLG.

When MLGs head officer , who post regularly on Team Beyond H5 threads, says that his company has never even been given an opportunity to bid on running these events, i can't imagine how anyone could suggest they cost too high ....

This is super frustrating for me because I know before the first Open event, it came out in a forum conversation between ESL and MLG execs, that MLG wouldn't participate the open circuit because MLG wanted Opens w/ AMs and Pros, while ESL thought that opens should be AM only. We ended up having no opens at all that season.

The following season, someone at ESL and 343 realizes that MLG was absolutely right (probably because this is what AMs,Pros and Fans had been asking for all along) but in planning the opens, MLG doesn't even get a phone call.

Now I've loss count of how many tournaments we've had that were subject to horrendous technical and logistical issues that directly impact the quality of the viewing experience AND the integrity of the competition.

Granted, I don't know that an MLG H5 production would be any better (maybe H5 is just cursed), I really doubt it would be any worse. I'd certainly think it's option worth exploring.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Almost caught up. Some great match ups day one. Tin man casters and in game audio definitely sucked though. Very very few listen ins too. Expecting day 2 to have it all worked out, like usual, but why is this still a thing?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Wait, did top hAMs (commonly's team) not attend!? Checking yesterday's open bracket and I don't see them...

VeeP

On waypoint, Tashi mentioned that a "heavy aim fix" build is present at Daytona.

They won't be using it at the start of the tournament, but if team captains agree, they'll use it during the champ bracket.

So a fix is potentially imminent.

Edit: Late!

I really enjoyed Halo 5, but after playing Titanfall 2 it is a bit hard to go back to Halo 5, or 90% of other shooters simply because the controls in TF2 feel so smooth. Any impressions on the heavy aim fix? That sounds really interesting!

I'm out, this shit is terrible.

I mean, it's an actual line from the game. Of all the things to complain about this seems pretty minor.

A game that they didn't even make, at that. Guess he's been waiting 13 years to be outraged at 343 for a Bungie dialogue choice. One that's not even really offensive unless one is looking to be offended.

CyReN

But why highlight the line on stream to thousand(s) of viewers? Just on par with everything else at this point.

Top Bottom