• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Championship Series: Daytona 2017, May 12th - 14th

Bsigg12

I think it's pretty damn amazing at both honestly.

The new HCS settings are sublime though. Seriously can't get enough of the HCS playlist.

Maybe should include this in the OP but for those who don't know these are the new settings: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/final-summer-2017-settings

Highlights:
- Pistol starts.
- Complete removal of automatic weapons.
- Radar changed to only track Spartan abilities (sprint, thrust etc.)

Oh. Oooooh I like these changes a lot.

jem0208

Interestingly they aren't actually holding the event on the stage in the OP, it's actually here:

JZLV4nF.jpg

Still a hell of a lot better than Worlds though.

Unfortunately the stream hasn't started yet...

Nialrot

Seems odd that most of the tourneys are consistently hampered by some production issue involving start/end time, feed issues, audio, disconnects, etc.

Is the Xbox One just a badly designed platform for LAN/broadcasting gameplay or does it all fall on 343i?

jem0208

Seems odd that most of the tourneys are consistently hampered by some production issue involving start/end time, feed issues, audio, disconnects, etc.

Is the Xbox One just a badly designed platform for LAN/broadcasting gameplay or does it all fall on 343i?

This is down to UMG (the ones hosting this event) and by extension 343.

Worlds had near enough perfect production.

Really sucks that "Halo is trash" or some variant of that statement is a gaming meme right now.

=(

Or maybe that's just the nature of Twitch.

Games are starting everyone!

Pretty sure that's the nature of Twitch. Twitch chat is literally cancer.

Unfortunately, the audio is terrible, so it's just fuel to the fire.

Audio sounds like the general mic quality of Halo 2 Xbox Live. It's a throwback!

spootime

Although I spend a good amount of time shitting on halo and 343 it sounds like they're on the right track with this stuff. Removing autos, aim update, good venue, etc are all great and I hope Halo can come back in popularity as an esport. Halo has always been far and away the best esport on consoles.

God damnit. Even if the audio wasnt completely fucked the video looks like when I try to stream using graphics encoding on my shit internet.

I tuned in and it sounds like the mic has two feeds overlapping itself

They could do with a black backing behind all the stage so you can't see the bright white behind the scenes with people standing around and walking past, kind of ruins the mood.

belushy

Banned
Wrong names for the webcams, too.

It's the same shit every single tournament. Beyond incompetence.

Whats sad is it would take them 10-15 minutes before the tournament is scheduled to start to look over and make sure everything is running fine... but they never do. Every freakin event for H5 HCS has had audio and production problems to start.

343, the pros can only keep this scene going for so long without any help.....

belushy

Banned
Naded in an Evil Geniuses jersey is amazing to see. God I hope this team does well when all is said and done for this tourney.

Top Bottom