• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Go into regicide, get jip'd into a game where the king already has 240 points. He's camping the middle structure with pv and a boltshot •quits•

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Got the helmet I was wanting. Woot. Hit SR52 last night. Doing the "Tracker" specialization.

fullbody

Nice, DC! I love the Enforcer helmet as well. Been rocking LOCUS since almost Day 1 personally, but there are a lot of helmets I really like actually. Really grown fond of the Protector helmet... of course, once I read the unlock description, I realized I'd never get it, lol.

IHaveIce

Banned
Unfortunately, at the moment I don't really have any cool maps.

But I may join you, time permitting.

Glad to see it's actually someone's birthday.

Happy Birthday Wu.

I've been duped too many times this year in regards to HeckFu's B-Day. :D

He would have aged 8 years in 1.
Ah yes okay :) will look forward to it.

And also Happy Birthday Wu.

I may be around, I've been looking for some UK folks to play with. 7pm GMT +1... what time is that in England then? 8? 6? 7???

I think it should be 6 for you UKs :D but I think we will be online for about the whole night lol

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
You know, it's funny. With all the Halo copying CoD talk, I really think CoD should copy specializations. I like the idea of them that 343 came up with for Halo 4.

In CoD you could choose to specialize in a weapon class or something. SMGs, your rockets (explosives) or something like that. I almost like it better than just wiping my unlocks and doing 1-55 again.

Nice, DC! I love the Enforcer helmet as well. Been rocking LOCUS since almost Day 1 personally, but there are a lot of helmets I really like actually. Really grown fond of the Protector helmet... of course, once I read the unlock description, I realized I'd never get it, lol.
Is that only through pre-order or that stupid 7-11 KOTH app? I don't see any way to get it through the real game yet.

Yay, I have a computer again.. now to catch up on 80 pages.. Did I miss anything good?

Also, I like my current armor:

fullbody

Is there anyways to get a higher res render?

To be honest, I rather like the new world building that has been done and leaving the biblical allegory behind.

It isn't necessary.

gotta disagree here. The Allegory kind of shades everything in Halo in a way that gives a tremendous economy of storytelling. The Ark, the Flood, the idea of a power beyond ours. having the allegory makes subtle hints towards themes or predetermination, and what it means to be chosen.

In Halo 4, you see some of those themes, but they hit you with a sledgehammer of concept then move on.

TCKaos

Yay, I have a computer again.. now to catch up on 80 pages.. Did I miss anything good?

Also, I like my current armor:

https://spartans.svc.halowaypoint.com/players/DemonCarnotaur/h4/spartans/fullbody?target=large[IMG]

Is there anyways to get a higher res render?[/QUOTE]

Basically
[img]http://www.thebigrc.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/slurpee-256x300.jpg
salt-shaker_300.jpg

Tunavi

Banned
No, why?

He traded in 4, if you're wondering why he's not really posting.
Not sure how you can play Reach consistently for 2 years and give up on a better game in a week.
can you please explain how to use this gun? after it fires you are supposed to press rt to detonate?
Yes.
is complex fixed. If not why its litrially a 2second fix
if you're talking about the map sucking, no. if you're talking about the wall glitch, yes.

Fracas

#fuckonami
picked up max payne for $20. now I'm sitting here drinking a coke and watching mario speedruns and relaxing. I'm not used to taking time off lol. feels so good.

I need to build a streaming setup too. what's the cheapest way to do that? I saw this thing advertised on twitch which looks interesting http://www.roxio.com/enu/promotions/landing/twitch/game-capture/overview.html?source=twitchURL

If you saw any of my or Franklinator's streams, that's what we use. I really like it so far. Very easy to use, especially with Twitch. It came with editing software as well, but I haven't messed with it yet.

Conor 419

Banned
Zero Punctuation Review seemed about right (besides the gameplay being boring). It was yet another person finding the presentation of the storyline horrible.

m23

picked up max payne for $20. now I'm sitting here drinking a coke and watching mario speedruns and relaxing. I'm not used to taking time off lol. feels so good.

I need to build a streaming setup too. what's the cheapest way to do that? I saw this thing advertised on twitch which looks interesting http://www.roxio.com/enu/promotions/landing/twitch/game-capture/overview.html?source=twitchURL

Max Payne had such a great story mode, a little heavy on the cutscenes but the gunplay and animations are just some of the best in the TPS genre.

TCKaos

I was actually thinking of picking that up for my birthday.

Is it bad that immediately after reading your post I hurried up and put Sig on? Because holy shit Sig is insane.

Talents

Banned
Not sure how you can play Reach consistently for 2 years and give up on a better game in a week.

Gonna guess it's because Halo 4 was the last straw for some people, they forced themselves through 2 years of Reach and don't want to do it again for Halo 4.

RdN

Can we have a playlist where no explosives are available? So people actually depend on gun skill other than spamming granades and power weapons?

And no, Slayer Pro does not cut it.

I must be a speed runner since i found every single one of those when exploring campaign on my legendary play through.

There is a quicker method of bypassing the Covie Shield barriers aswell. You can use the Old Halo Classic of parking a vehicle next to them and jumping out so you are pushed through.

Works on both of the barriers and shaves quiet a bit of time off especially on legendary

Is that only through pre-order or that stupid 7-11 KOTH app? I don't see any way to get it through the real game yet.

It is that one. I didn't have an iOS device to use the app on (love the fact that I have a Windows Phone - which I adore - but can't use the app designed to pair with a first-party Microsoft game franchise), and it wasn't available for any North American pre-order, so I traded with a dear friend in Australia. He wanted CIO, I wanted LOCUS. Match made in Halo.

I still wish I could get my hands on a preorder GUNGNIR code, but have had no luck to this point.

Fracas

#fuckonami
yeah your streams had good quality. This is the type of USB it uses right?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001MSZBNA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I sit pretty far away from my tv so I need a long cable

Yep

If you get it, make sure to update as soon as you install the software. It doesn't prompt you for updates, and we were having issues with it before the update lol. Oh and make sure to mess with Twitch settings. The server you stream to makes a world of difference. Other than that, it's straightforward.
Kyle make sure you get a webcam too with voice. It will definitely help the stream out.

Does it make that big of a difference? I want to try to get voice chat going at the very least, but I don't think my headset would allow for it.

It is that one. I didn't have an iOS device to use the app on (love the fact that I have a Windows Phone - which I adore - but can't use the app designed to pair with a first-party Microsoft game franchise), and it wasn't available for any North American pre-order, so I traded with a dear friend in Australia. He wanted CIO, I wanted LOCUS. Match made in Halo.

I still wish I could get my hands on a preorder GUNGNIR code, but have had no luck to this point.
>sigh<, I really despise the retailer exclusive crap.

edit: congrats, housefu!

As someone who liked a little infection from time to time, Flood sucks in Halo 4.

I've never understood Infection or Flood. It's a gametype with no depth to it at all. The most viable strategy seems to be finding an area of the map where you can camp or are inaccessible to the zombies/flood.

Of course, I will say that there has been some awesome, crazy custom gametypes born out of the Infection gametype over the years.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Yep

If you get it, make sure to update as soon as you install the software. It doesn't prompt you for updates, and we were having issues with it before the update lol. Oh and make sure to mess with Twitch settings. The server you stream to makes a world of difference. Other than that, it's straightforward.

Does it make that big of a difference? I want to try to get voice chat going at the very least, but I don't think my headset would allow for it.

I think it helps people connect more with the streamer. Makes people want to watch the streamer because they like them and not for the game they're playing.

I've never understood Infection or Flood. It's a gametype with no depth to it at all. The most viable strategy seems to be finding an area of the map where you can camp or are inaccessible to the zombies/flood.

Of course, I will say that there has been some awesome, crazy custom gametypes born out of the Infection gametype over the years.

I've gotta say, I agree with pretty much this entire assessment.

EDIT: Shit, top of page... um... have a Flurkey.

Flurkey.jpg

J10

Banned
I just read on HBO that someone was denied XP for accomplishing the weekly challenge after having hit the XP limit. Credits earned from commendation milestones are also stifled by the XP cap.

This game was designed by morons.

neoism

I just read on HBO that someone was denied XP for accomplishing the weekly challenge after having hit the XP limit. Credits earned from commendation milestones are also stifled by the XP cap.

LOL pretty much

You were doing fine here... I agree that I do NOT like the fact that Challenges and Commendations are also stifled by the daily XP limit. Wish it wasn't that way.

...then you kill your point with a statement more "moronic" than the original issue. C'mon man, hyperbole much?

Top Bottom