• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

halogaf_header

Reach OT1 | Reach OT2 | Reach OT3 | Reach OT4 | Reach OT5 | Reach OT6 | Reach OT7 | Halo OT | Halo OT2 | Halo OT3 | Halo OT4 | Halo OT5 | Halo OT6 | Halo OT7 | Halo OT8 | Halo OT9 | Halo OT10 | Halo OT11

Duncan's HaloGAF Central

News & Updates

11/09 | Halo 4 is out. Go here.

HaloGAF t-shirts:

1. Black | Grey | Thanks, sltPoison
2. Letters' design

Halo Community Sites | The Halo community is vast. Here are a few highlights.

HaloGAF! Yes, we're our own webzone now. Thread archives, .gifs, and more. Duncan goes above and beyond.

HBO
The oldest and biggest Halo fan site on the web, run by one of the nicest (and oldest) people on the internet. If there's news about Halo, HBO will cover it.

Bungie.net forums
A vast community of upstanding and thoughtful commentators.

Tied The Leader
A community, clan and site dedicated to fair play and thoughtful commentary on Halo.

rampancy.net
Another long time Halo fan site, dedicated to unusually in-depth commentary and analysis of the series, as well as news and community creations.

Forward Unto Dawn
In the spirit of Ascendant Justice, FUD is devoted to analysis and commentary on various aspects of the Halo games and universe.

Major League Gaming
An organized league of professional gamers, in which Halo plays a starring role. Forums, league schedules, rules and live streams are available from their site.

Forge Hub
A large community devoted to creating custom maps in Forge. Tutorials, guides and an active forum to provide feedback and testing, as well as an excellent resource for well crafted maps.

The Halo Council
A website dedicated to the competitive portion of the Halo community.​

Special Thanks to Louis Wu for web hosting.
rJaYo.jpg

ShogunX

So yeah MP is a mixture of brilliance and stupid poorly thought out ideas. Strange how the experience varies so much.

GhaleonEB

What I've been doing is playing one, maybe two games of MP after my Campaign romps each night.

At some point this weekend I'm going to sit down and play one game in each playlist and see how it goes to sample the spectrum.

I did Dominion last night, and was not amused.

What I've been doing is playing one, maybe two games of MP after my Campaign romps each night.

At some point this weekend I'm going to sit down and play one game in each playlist and see how it goes to sample the spectrum.

I did Dominion last night, and was not amused.

CTF and King are surprisingly great.

Played a custom griffball game last night.

That thing is actually impressive and interesting. I can see it being greatly competitive.

Arnie

The game needed a beta because the MP feels like one at the moment.

The exact comment one of my friends made, mostly because playlists cycle the same three maps over and over again. For people who don't have a great affinity for big team play, the map rotation got stale in hours.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Looking forward to hitting the credit cap 3 nights in a row later. Glad to see they fixed the 2XP token issue. Makes me feel better playing games while capped. Still wish we'd get our commendation/challenge payouts though.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I hope we get Relay into the map pool soon. Not because I'm not enjoying the maps in place now but because I think Relay is a very good map.

MrBig

Because gaming side.

Is it some sort of stigma against gaming side or has anyone from here actually been in the H4 OT? There has been a drive by troll or two, an overwhelming amount of positive posts, and then the rest of the discussion is exactly the same as in here. Having to check two threads for the same thing is dumb. Lots of reposts as people that are posting in both OTs just cross post any information they want to share. The H4 OT will be in the Community section before this thread runs its course.

Overdoziz

Banned
Last time I checked the Halo 4 OT people were defnding AR starts, Jetpack, Armor Lock and Bloom. I felt like 2010 all over again.

Is it some sort of stigma against gaming side or has anyone from here actually been in the H4 OT? There has been a drive by troll or two, an overwhelming amount of positive posts, and then the rest of the discussion is exactly the same as in here. Having to check two threads for the same thing is dumb. Lots of reposts as people that are posting in both OTs just cross post any information they want to share. The H4 OT will be in the Community section before this thread runs its course.

Eh. This thread will be done in a month anyway.

Woorloog

Banned
Is it some sort of stigma against gaming side or has anyone from here actually been in the H4 OT? There has been a drive by troll or two, an overwhelming amount of positive posts, and then the rest of the discussion is exactly the same as in here. Having to check two threads for the same thing is dumb. Lots of reposts as people that are posting in both OTs just cross post any information they want to share.

Why, yes?
I really, really don't like visiting Gaming Side. Especially about Halo. Scifi-ghetto, you know? Tends to apply other scifi games as well, like Mass Effect (might have something to do with RPG/Action RPG split... but whatever).

Ideally this thread should be limited to community discussion (events, art, whatever is related Halo communities, etc.), general Halo discussion (lore, older games, etc.), and people should keep Halo 4 discussion in Halo 4 OT.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It's increasingly obvious who is using Default and who isn't, you can tell by the people who can actively crouch and those who can't.

Really frustrating that they made B crouch for default.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I need people to play Spartan Ops with me. Episode one. Who wants to play with me?

Message me: TashiGAF

Omni

It's increasingly obvious who is using Default and who isn't, you can tell by the people who can actively crouch and those who can't.

Really frustrating that they made B crouch for default.

Yeah, it's odd that they'd put it on "B". I actually think that recon should've been default... Sprint on "X" works quite well, IMO, and you can still crouch normally.

Thanks Halo 4, I love grinding through your Campaign on Legendary only for it to say in my commendations I have not. Fucking incredible! Mark VI, you'll have to wait... forever.

Top Bottom