• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Deadly

Yeah, it's odd that they'd put it on "B". I actually think that recon should've been default... Sprint on "X" works quite well, IMO, and you can still crouch normally.
I think Sprint on X feels quite weird since you have to change your fingers position.

Overdoziz

Banned
Well, playing Spartan Ops with people from outside Europe is not happening, that full second of input lag is ridiculous. Why 343 is spending so much resources on a feature that has never worked properly in previous Halos and still doesn't in Halo 4 is beyond me.

daedalius

Played a few games of infinity slayer earlier and had a pretty fun time, not a fan of complex as it seems really easy to camp one side of the map and blast everyone with the dmr.

The dmr seems to work amazingly well, I still like the br more, but its hard not to see the dmr is probably a superior gun if you're on top of your aim.

On the other hand you have the assault rifle now, which just seems absurdly powerful for how easy it is to use.

Some bugs with matchmaking here and there and balance issues, but I am certain I'm enjoying this game far far more than I ever did reach.

Wouldn't personal Ordnance be a gametype setting?

I'm saying where the ordnance pods land specifically, not what comes in them. Big deal when it comes to custom maps if we have the closest available ordnance pod clipping into walls or outside map boundaries.

TCKaos

Apparently today I've ascended to my final form as far as Halo 4 is concerned.

Captured the flag four times in a single match.
Started a game with a triple kill including an assassination.
Got a double assassination with the thruster pack.
Got an overkill splatter with the ghost.

Most of which was done while I was rolling Assault Rifle/Boltshot.

But it's still only 5% of my true power.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Yeah, it's odd that they'd put it on "B". I actually think that recon should've been default... Sprint on "X" works quite well, IMO, and you can still crouch normally.
None of the presets work for me. If I had to nail down one reason I'd quit Halo 4, it'd be the controls. They did a terrible job and I wish that the move from Bungie would've finally let us fit the audio levels and controls to our own tastes.

Alas, it's the one thing 343 kept.

Solely for the sake of a population experiment, I'd be interested to see what happens if Infinity Slayer and Slayer Pro were swapped on the list.

Gray Man

Banned
I'm running into a Dilemma, Bumper Jumper has really, really nice controls, however Hardlight Shield, and Jetpack, and maybe more, are reallllly gimped like this. I'm not a big jetpack fan, but I'm really enjoying the Hardlight Shield... Any other good recommendations? What is everyone else using?

Ramirez

Wow, yea, I only have 25 melee kills according to Waypoint.

Best gun combat the series has ever seen, no need for it! <3

Havok

I melee so infrequently in this game that it doesn't even matter. I have close to 2K kills and I swear I have less than 50 melee kills, is there a way to check that on Waypoint?
Under War Games: Matchmaking -> Game Variants -> View all weapon stats. You've got to do it by gametype and add them up manually. Why isn't there a button labeled "All Gametypes" you ask? Waypoint.

Azar

Is there any way to watch the LE version of Forward Unto Dawn on web/PC? Or is downloading it on Xbox Live the only way to watch it?

Ramirez

Under War Games: Matchmaking -> Game Variants -> View all weapon stats. You've got to do it by gametype and add them up manually. Why isn't there a button labeled "All Gametypes" you ask? Waypoint.

Yea, I just realized that. Total is actually 45, that's still insane, seeing as how melee was always like my 3rd TOD in past games.

ElRenoRaven

I agree. Default is just beyond awful. Recon got set as my choice almost right away. On an unreleated note though I have to say I actually am loving the campaign for the most part. A lot more then I thought I would. It really is different when playing it instead of watching it played.

Hey Frankie/anyone at 343, why is it that I cannot upload anything to my file share? When I try, it says that "the name of the creator of this file is not allowed on xbox live"

Yet somehow, some way, I've had the word FUBAR in my name since I created my account over five(5!) years ago. This includes: FUBAR Kingpin, IMN FUBAR, and my current gamertag, FUBAR McDangles.

Unless, for whatever reason, McDangles is against the Halo TOS. I say Halo, because I had the same issue with Reach. No problem with Halo 3 though.

I don't understand why I'm getting black balled here. My name is not against the TOS, I have never gotten any complaints on my name, and I have never been asked to change it by anyone in the community or by microsoft. What does 343/did bungie have against me to not allow me to put my content onto my file share?

Yeah, I'm a little spiteful, because I thought it was ridiculous when it happened in Reach but I got over it. For whatever reason, I thought 343i would allow me to do this, but it seems like I cant.

Solely for the sake of a population experiment, I'd be interested to see what happens if Infinity Slayer and Slayer Pro were swapped on the list.
Infinity Slayer allows you to use the cool loadout stuff you've unlocked, Slayer Pro doesn't. People would eventually figure that out and make the move to I. Slayer.

Bumper Jumper is still GOAT, anything that doesn't work on it is just slimming down the scrubby options.

Infinity Slayer allows you to use the cool loadout stuff you've unlocked, Slayer Pro doesn't. People would eventually figure that out and make the move to I. Slayer.
The default Slayer always being the most popular does make me wonder how much it gets boosted solely from being at the very top though.

Is uh Ellis around, I wanted to ask what typeface they're using for 4 like on the site headings.

"Blender Pro Book Regular".

L4aV.png

I'm running into a Dilemma, Bumper Jumper has really, really nice controls, however Hardlight Shield, and Jetpack, and maybe more, are reallllly gimped like this. I'm not a big jetpack fan, but I'm really enjoying the Hardlight Shield... Any other good recommendations? What is everyone else using?

Bumper Jumper and claw that shit
RL60us.jpg

GhaleonEB

How to use the Banshee in Campaign:

*climb in Banshee*

*take plasma fire from 10 directions*

*climb out of Banshee, kill stuff on foot*

*climb back into Banshee and realize everything is dead already*

*park Banshee and keep going on foot*

Ramirez

How to use the Banshee in Campaign:

*climb in Banshee*

*take plasma fire from 10 directions*

*climb out of Banshee, kill stuff on foot*

*climb back into Banshee and realize everything is dead already*

*park Banshee and keep going on foot*

Heroic or Legendary? I used it just fine on Heroic...

Top Bottom