• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

heckfu

Banned
Any word on when they are going to give us the option to remove instant respawn from slayer gametypes?

It's seriously annoying me now. I just tried to do a 1v1 and we kept respawning instantly and killing each other before the shields could recharge.

The competitive game types and forge maps that are floating around can actual be pretty fun but slayer is totally broken without respawn timers.

Start --> Settings --> Gameplay --> set Adapt to 'on'

Unprecedented meltdowns at Waypoint over the the specialization codes the likes of which I've never seen. Some over the top as expected but most are justified.

Still don't have my codes due to various stipulations and conditions that myself and many others were apparently never made aware of. Things like unchecked boxes within the contact preferences section along with alternate email accounts still linked to gamertag/profile and billing information that may no longer be active have probably resulted in that long awaited "Gift from Microsoft" descending into the virtual abyss. Been stuck at 70 for about a week and will more than likely be for a good while longer all because I decided not to invest in the LE. *sigh* Needless to say this really blows.

I kind of feel bad for Jessica. She's dealing with a shit storm over there and is doing her due diligence to handle it in the best way that she can. This whole thing has been an absolute disaster and what frustrates me the most is not being able to pinpoint specifically who should bare the brunt of the criticism. /vent

tumblr_m8ek01QBDr1rdq8keo1_500.gif

TCKaos

This whole thing has been an absolute disaster and what frustrates me the most is not being able to pinpoint specifically who should bare the brunt of the criticism. /vent

The person who decided it would be a good idea to lock away game-changing content as LE content. Had that not occurred we wouldn't have this shitstorm now.

As far as the management of this debacle, the person who decided that email was the best venue for this kind of exchange. Why not just send you a message from Xbox LIVE? Why isn't that a thing yet?

Ken

The person who decided it would be a good idea to lock away game-changing content as LE content. Had that not occurred we wouldn't have this shitstorm now.

Needed to make that LE more appealing because I know I would not have pre-ordered the day it was up on Amazon had I known back then what I know now.

LMFAO I just shot a Sticky Detonator and it hit the base of the Ordnance Drop and the fucker bounced straight back and blew my ass up from DEEP!

Such joy :]

nomis

Remember when that THC forum member played H4 early (pirated copy) and reported that Forge fine tuning was gone?
Also Forge guy just doesn't know how to use all the Forge features yet. UI has changed and presumably he's playing with it at NY where you get 15 minutes on a station on an old build - if he's not, then he's a pirate and still hasn't figured out the UI. Forgive me if I don't have any sympathy for him.

The game comes out and the feature isn't there. I guess none of us have figured out the UI yet. :(

iyF3udBgogLjB.gif

CyReN

They have good intentions no doubt, but they always find a way to fuck it up. Specializations should have just been unlocked for everyone on the 1st.

They shouldn't have had harsh XP limits in the first few weeks, playlist organization is cutting a lot of core players off and not attracting new people. Then on top of that we have a list of Halo 4 bugs and issues. The Waypoint website, I don't need to say much.

I just want to be held and told everything going to be ok.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I was being sincere.

Could have done that without making the LE just the SE with the printed manual.

They have good intentions no doubt, but they always find a way to fuck it up. Specializations should have just been unlocked for everyone on the 1st.

They shouldn't have had harsh XP limits in the first few weeks, playlist organization is cutting a lot of core players off and not attracting new people. Then on top of that we have a list of Halo 4 bugs and issues.

I just want to be held and told everything going to be ok.

200px-Gay-Bear-Mechanic-3603.0.html.jpg

'Cmere, 'sgonna be okay.

jdavid459

How are Halo 4's maps? Maps make or break a halo game IMO. It's why I love halo 2 so much. Thinking about getting the game. Thanks.

JackHerer

How are Halo 4's maps? Maps make or break a halo game IMO. It's why I love halo 2 so much. Thinking about getting the game. Thanks.

They range from ok to mediocre. Overall better than Reach but no great maps. Haven is a solid map but by no means amazing. People just like it because it is the closest thing to a classic Halo map we have in the game.

Also, while we're on the subject, who the hell made the decision to make the Solace bases asymmetrical? Terrible, terrible idea. smh.

Noricart

And that one other map. I think it's grey, symmetrical, starts with an H.

I don't think anyone expected Halo 4's best map to be grey.

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
I haven't played most as often as many here, but that's my take as well. I think Meltdown is a pretty good BTB map, but all the ordnance in Infinity Slayer pretty much wreaks it.
My main problem with Meltdown is that it barley appears in BTB.

malfcn

Legit question, without trying to sound sick. Can MC have sexy time with everything and spread his genesong to save the race?

TCKaos

Legit question, without trying to sound sick. Can MC have sexy time with everything and spread his genesong to save the race?

According to i love bees the ORIONs did this and created SPARTAN 1.1s, so...

EDIT: Were the augmentations genetic or biological? While genetic augmentations wouldn't have realistically yielded SPARTAN-IIs it would also mean that the traits they did gain from genetic augmentation would be passed down to their children. Biological augmentation wouldn't, on the other hand, because they're not genetic. It's the same reason one wouldn't inherit a missing arm or prosthetic limb.

I don't think it's that the maps are so bad as much as it is that all the extras (ordnance, instant respawns, etc.) make them not as fun to play on.

So did, uh, anyone figure out these weapon drops?
There only not "random" in that they spawn at one of the predetermined locations. The actual choose of which location is random and there is no warning given as to which it's going to be, so yeah, the weapon drops are random.
Still don't know how to view all files in my File Share.
You can't.

Sadly not a joke.
"Guess I'm confused at the hatred of the UI, it looks great. Reach's UI looks old and dated, from what we've seen of H4's (non-final) UI it looks clean and nice."

LOL

The Halo 4 menus are prone to regular slow down and freezing btw.
So you're saying 343 has programmed the back end to allow the system to unlock via IP then?
They track IP, that's how they IP perma-ban, among other things.

-----------------------------

Carbine is kind of a unsung hero in BTB simply because it doesn't seem to flinch as much as the other rifles.

Why do I keep getting caught on geometry? How I long for the Halo days when player movement around maps was quick and smooth, I could strafe, and not get caught on the map all the time.

Karl2177

There only not "random" in that they spawn at one of the predetermined locations. The actual choose of which location is random and there is no warning given as to which it's going to be, so yeah, the weapon drops are random.

Fun fact: removing random drops increases the funs per minute.

Top Bottom