• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

We need arena maps.

A free Arena Map pack consisting of Midship, The Pit, Guardian/Lockout and a New map + A TU that offers the ability to disable sprint and a Playlist labelled competitive That had BR starts No Sprint No AA's, No Ordinance, Longer Despawn times, Weapons on map, and Haven+Competitive map pack and Skill Ranking.

Halo 4 Saviour

Are you just looking to be annoyed at 343 because there is 100 more valid complaints if thats the case
Like too many damn host migrations. That's my pet peeve at the moment. Why are there so many, and why do they take so long?

All design decisions aside, its the instability of the online experience that never fails to take the wind out of my sails. Every time.

Are you just looking to be annoyed at 343 because there is 100 more valid complaints if thats the case
What? No. I was simply commentating on a recent piece of news that I heard. Chill.

We need arena maps.
I remember hearing in the Haven IGN walkthrough that it was designed to have a more "classic" Halo map feel.
Funny how Haven turned out to be the most popular map by a large margin!

Oh god.

Cool thanks, this was a pretty good episode CG and story wise.. the pacing still feels a bit rushed at times and I often times feel like I'm playing catch up to figure out whats happening though.

Well.. It has a pretty skybox. Why can't the rest of the map look unique and interesting like that? The play space just looks so bland, drab, and boring. Map design really didn't look great to me there, but I won't judge that until I play it. One way or another, we need more Arena maps, or semi-arena maps. I would have for some maps with more verticality also, whether something like Guardian or Lockout or something like Construct. Blah. I liked Halo 4's maps before, but now I feel like the variety sucks in terms of unique gameplay experiences.

Browsing through the IGN channel, came across this.

Making of SPOPS

I would love to see more of the stuff they did for the mo-cap.. it seems like that would be a blast to be part of.

A free Arena Map pack consisting of Midship, The Pit, Guardian/Lockout and a New map + A TU that offers the ability to disable sprint and a Playlist labelled competitive That had BR starts No Sprint No AA's, No Ordinance, Longer Despawn times, Weapons on map, and Haven+Competitive map pack and Skill Ranking.

Halo 4 Saviour

That would work but, lol I wouldn't count on that.

Even if they implement some it wont be enough they have to go all the way or not bother.

This map looks like garbage. I guess its a nice layout for CTF but I dunno I doubt it will bring me back, and youd be a fool not to know most of the DLC was probably almost finished before the game was out.

That would work but, lol I wouldn't count on that.

Even if they implement some it wont be enough they have to go all the way or not bother.

This map looks like garbage. I guess its a nice layout for CTF but I dunno I doubt it will bring me back, and youd be a fool not to know most of the DLC was probably almost finished before the game was out.

Sure its going to cost them money to dev the maps but considering the population of Halo 4 currently id figure getting the money out of Microsoft wallets would be easy.

Its more likely it wont happen because it would interfere with 343's Vision. At some point they might have to bite the bullet and say "okay our game is really only appealing to niche of the community and to regain the other side we need to do something.

Instead what i can see happening is them getting round a table and coming up with what they think is a competitive angle which is going to as far removed from the halo people want as the Arena was in reach.

Has there been a memorable new Halo BTB DLC map since Halo 2? Last one I can think of is Terminal/Relic.

Personal Favourites

Avalanche (Sidewinder)
Standoff (Not really BTB i guess)
Ridgeline (timberland)

Breakpoint
High Noon
Highlands

all had potential but just didnt deliver.

Has there been a memorable new Halo BTB DLC map since Halo 2? Last one I can think of is Terminal/Relic.

Well, I liked Avalanche a lot, but I did like Sidewinder more. Besides that... um. Was Longshore BTB? I can't recall, but I do remember liking that map and wishing it came out way sooner.

Harvest looks really, really bland. Like they had some terrain laid out and then built some forge pieces to block out how to design the bases. But hey, maybe it will play good...

Havok

Avalanche, if that fits into your definition of "new." Some would argue Rat's Nest, but nah. Some would also argue Standoff, but BTB Standoff? Junk.

The rest fit somewhere into the gradient of recent DLC maps ranging from decent (Breakpoint, I guess, but not really, and then maybe Rat's Nest?) to crap (Highlands' default layout).

blamite

Hmm... Actually, I think Breakpoint is one of my favorite BTB maps since H2. Other than that I can's really think of any. Avalanche seems pretty popular, but I never liked that one as much as most people seem to.

Tawpgun

Heroic was pretty good.

Foundry turned Forge into something incredible.
Standoff was probably my favorite BTB map.
Rats nest was alright.

Pouring salt in the wound.

You guys could be handed gold on a platter and would still find the one shit stain in the reflection. Lighten up!

I just don't see what's wrong with this map. It looks solid, reminds me of Terminal with the vehicular paths of Rats Nest. I think it'll be fun, and I'm looking forward to seeing the next two maps in more detail.

Heroic was pretty good.

Foundry turned Forge into something incredible.
Standoff was probably my favorite BTB map.
Rats nest was alright.

Was gonna say Standoff, Avalanche, and I dunno if it was quite BTB, but High Ground was the shit.

You guys could be handed gold on a platter and would still find the one shit stain in the reflection. Lighten up!

Reflection was one big shit stain.

HaloReach_-_Reflection.jpg

Did anyone else see bsangel tweet this?Jessica Shea (@bsangel) tweeted at 3:52 PM on Mon, Dec 03, 2012:
When people treat you like this, put a smile on your face and keep on truckin'. http://t.co/beP5x0b2 #adayinthelife #dontletitgettoyou
(https://twitter.com/bsangel/status/275704195175305216)

Jess seems like a nice person trying her hardest to appease a petulant community. Its shit she has to put up with that kid of stupidity

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

I just don't see what's wrong with this map. It looks solid, reminds me of Terminal with the vehicular paths of Rats Nest. I think it'll be fun, and I'm looking forward to seeing the next two maps in more detail.
Negative.

*Not meant for BTB
  • Has Vehicle Routes

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
You know, equipment could still work in Halo.. have an option to carry either equipment or grenades, obviously if you choose equipment you only get one per life or something along those lines. They could maybe bring back something like the power drainer, trip mine, bubble shield, grav lift, etc.

I meant no remakes with new;)

Alright, then Ill stick by Longshore:

halo-3-odst-longshore-bd-01.jpg

The map was a blast to play on, I only wish it came out earlier in the games life cycle.

You know, equipment could still work in Halo.. have an option to carry either equipment or grenades, obviously if you choose equipment you only get one per life or something along those lines. They could maybe bring back something like the power drainer, trip mine, bubble shield, grav lift, etc.

Alright, then Ill stick by Longshore:

halo-3-odst-longshore-bd-01.jpg

The map was a blast to play on, I only wish it came out earlier in the games life cycle.

I've always viewed Longshore as being the BTB sized version of the Pit.

Did anyone else see bsangel tweet this?Jessica Shea (@bsangel) tweeted at 3:52 PM on Mon, Dec 03, 2012:
When people treat you like this, put a smile on your face and keep on truckin'. http://t.co/beP5x0b2 #adayinthelife #dontletitgettoyou

Get the official Twitter app at https://twitter.com/download
This is ridiculous. Smh.
Browsing through the IGN channel, came across this.

Making of SPOPS
Beautiful. All the more wanting for a CGI Halo Movie instead of another animated movie like Legends to capture what Halo could really look like by 343.

What about...

Reach
1. First DLC had Tempest
2. Anniversary DLC had Ridgeline & Breakneck

Halo 3
1. Mythic Map Pack II had Longshore
2. Mythic Map Pack 1 had Orbital & Sandbox (plus forge maps from that)
3. Legendary Map Pack had Avalanche
4. Heroic Map Pack had Standoff & Rat's Nest

Gazzawa

Holy fuck I just read that tweet to bs angel.
You can go to jail in alot of places for threatening people on twitter.
have to admit I did lol

Trey

Halo 4 Saviour

Call the "competitive" playlist "classic" instead and push it through.

Fotos

Get the official Twitter app at https://twitter.com/download

He also tweeted to David Ellis... FAPFORUMS ‏@fapforums
@DavidEllis GIVE ME MY FUCKING CODE NOW U OBESE SIBLING FUCKING FAGGOT IK ITS TOO MUCH EXERCISE TO RESEND IT BUT UR MOMS A WHORE

You know what just look at his profile there is a lot more.
https://twitter.com/fapforums

Top Bottom