• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Havok Unearths Wired Halo 3 Goldmine (New SP and MP pics inside)

Karg

See said:
chopper_03.png

Was this Chopper spawned in the middle of the air? How the hell did it get that high?

::EDIT:: I think I see, its on top of the tree.

And for that link to the Forge information, why the hell would he post his friend's gamertag?

Wow, that shot of the Hunters wth the Phantoms and Banshees in the background is amazing, that really gives a sense of there being a war going on.

I also went, "Yes! We get to fight Elites!" before I noticed it was from multiplayer.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
KnuckaWut said:

I saw this pic too late. The work has already been done:(

September 25th feels so long away from now.

Karg said:
Was this Chopper spawned in the middle of the air? How the hell did it get that high?

And for that link to the Forge information, why the hell would he post his friend's gamertag?

Chopper probably rode up the trees. You can jump up those trees onto the rocks so I'm guessing someone was just really careful and found how to drive up there a bit.

It's looking awesome, even better than I was expecting. :D

Just a month to go, although it's coming out the day after I start back at college....term ruined. :)

Oh, no even more pictures on Page 3. Serves me right for posting before reading it all.

Apart from token comments about horrible, horrible quality captures it looks promising. We get to see the plasma turret in action and an Albatross on Sandtrap.

Karg

RubberJohnny said:
Oh, no even more pictures on Page 3. Serves me right for posting before reading it all.

Apart from token comments about horrible, horrible quality captures it looks promising. We get to see the plasma turret in action and an Albatross on Sandtrap.

Alba-who? I thought I knew of all the vehicles in that one shot.

pringles

GhaleonEB said:
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb266/see_101/troop_hog3.png[IMG]
Loving the look of this shot. I'm curious to see how the troop 'hog is used in Campaign.[/QUOTE]
It will be perfect in 4-player co-op :D

GhaleonEB

Littleberu said:
I don't understand, aren't the Hunters on the Arbiter's and Elites side now?
Apparantly not. They must have switched sides again.Never trust a hive a worms, unloyal bastards.

pringles said:
It will be perfect in 4-player co-op :D
Why didn't I think of that. Yes, yes it is. :D

Ynos Yrros said:
...Low res ground textures, rather simplistic enviroments, bump mapping through the roof. The lighting is saving it, making the graphics look solid, and sometimes great, however it's nothing out of ordinary when compared to other efforts coming this fall.

wha?? am i missing something. ground textures look awesome to me. care to circle the area in question?

It looks great, there's only one thing that bugged me though. I noticed it while playing the beta, the sparks look nowhere near as pretty as the ones in Halo 1 (when you fire at a metallic surface). Bring back the pretty sparks!

voltron

Fallout-NL said:
It looks great, there's only one thing that bugged me though. I noticed it while playing the beta, the sparks look nowhere near as pretty as the ones in Halo 1 (when you fire at a metallic surface). Bring back the pretty sparks!

Got a thing for Library Monitors.

343 is gone dude. Deal ;)

Blueblur1

See said:

Has anyone noticed the detail in this shot? That fact we can see the rest of the African landscape all the way in the distance? I recall that not even being there in the Beta. It was just a horizon with water. Fuckin' HAWT.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
flame_thrower01.png

Can I just say that I was a little worried about the Elite model redesign. I mean, they are so iconic inside of the Halo universe. There silhouette is ingrained in my mind. The first few shots had them looking hunched and a little bulky, instead of sharp, sleek, and dangerous. They looked, uh, bloated.

But this is near perfect. It looks so awesome. Love it.

mrmrec2

Banned
but why doesn't the ammo on the gun and match the ammo on the HUD? HUD = 69 and Gun = 21

Also what does the Icon on the gun above the 21 represent?
H3_TheStorm_FP03.jpg

Doodlebug

I hate being late to this stuff.

I'm impressed by the opening images and even more so by the article. I nearly passed out with the latest additions to the thread -- it's all looking very sound.

I have no real words right now, just a heavin' grin from ear to ear.

Fire looks peachy. :D

mrmrec2 said:

That'd be the compass.

BB answered your other question.

Blueblur1

mrmrec2 said:
but why doesn't the ammo on the gun and match the ammo on the HUD? HUD = 69 and Gun = 21

H3_TheStorm_FP03.jpg
What's left in the clip. 21 bullets.

Alba-who? I thought I knew of all the vehicles in that one shot.

It's a crashed Heavy Pelican, just level decoartion and not spawn-able. There was a crashed one on Relic in Halo 2 which acted as a base for one team.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
mrmrec2 said:

Just to clarify a little bit. The AR has 69 total rounds with 21 left in the current clip before reload.

Karg

Blueblur1 said:
I am officially going to rape Valhalla and recreate Blood Gulch with the teleporters!!!

You can knock over the teleporter....hmmm is that wide enough for a Mongoose or Chopper? That would be funny as hell to come flying out of a teleport on a Mongoose at top speed.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I just read all of the latest posts on the Epsilon info - oh damn this game cannot come soon enough!

And yeah, I really don't think the background was there in the back of High Ground either, and it really stands out right now to me - very nice!

NeXuSDK

Buttonbasher said:
The background there. Has it always been there? Cool to now know where the map is set.

Nice spotted. Never seen that before...

And oh my god... this has to stop! I'm running out of pants...

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, that Epsilon write-up had a ton of good info in it.

For those that don't want to read through all of it, here are some of the things that were new to me:

Driving the Elephant puts you in third person above it;

Playing as a Monitor you do, indeed, have health;

The item limit in Forge is generous, but you do feel the bite of it when you run out of "points" to spend on items;

The "personal cover" piece of equipment allows only certain weapons to fire through it (not rockets, Fuel Rod Cannons, Spartan Lasers, etc.);

Gravity Hammer depletes battery slightly with every non-melee swing;

When he played, voice chat was always on - you just talked and it activated
(Cocopjojo: I would assume this is one of the options they've given us, if we choose to want it that way);

Equipment in your inventory can be switched with a piece on the ground by hitting RB;

The boundaries on Sand Trap are handled by mine fields that explode when you try to leave the map's play area;

Hopefully, we'll get some direct-feed videos from Bungie of tonight's show.

Karg

Cocopjojo said:

For those that don't want to read through all of it, here are some of the things that were new to me:

Driving the Elephant puts you in third person above it;

Playing as a Monitor you do, indeed, have health;

The item limit in Forge is generous, but you do feel the bite of it when you run out of "points" to spend on items;

The "personal cover" piece of equipment allows only certain weapons to fire through it (not rockets, Fuel Rod Cannons, Spartan Lasers, etc.);

Gravity Hammer depletes battery slightly with every non-melee swing;

When he played, voice chat was always on - you just talked and it activated
(Cocopjojo: I would assume this is one of the options they've given us, if we choose to want it that way);

Equipment in your inventory can be switched with a piece on the ground by hitting RB;

The boundaries on Sand Trap are handled by mine fields that explode when you try to leave the map's play area;

And Hornet is in multiplayer.

Blueblur1

Tieno said:
Here are some pictures of the backdrop in beta of Highground
http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/public/5401/798_0046.jpg
[IMG]http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/public/5401/798_0015.jpg
[IMG]http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/public/5401/798_0029.jpg[/QUOTE]
The new shots show a big improvement in the background. This game is going to be great.

MaX_PL

Banned
Resident Guru said:
Halo 3 wins 2007 Gaf. I'm sorry to say it. I'll be buying Bioshock tomorrow, but in a year I'll still be playing Halo 3.

thats how i think when I compare videogames. what game will i still be playing months or years from now?

Cocopjojo said:

I like that there infos.

Still not honestly that impressed by the visuals. I have a moral duty to buy it day one and find out what happens in the story, but it doesn't give me little eyegasms like Gears and Bioshock do.

proposition said:
Still not honestly that impressed by the visuals. I have a moral duty to buy it day one and find out what happens in the story, but it doesn't give me little eyegasms like Gears and Bioshock do.

I think it looks much better than Bioshock. Did you play the Bioshock demo AND the Halo 3 Beta? If not, I wouldn't comment on still shots of the graphics.

Halo 3's water DESTROYS Bioshock's water btw.

Blueblur1

The Lamonster said:
I think it looks much better than Bioshock. Did you play the Bioshock demo AND the Halo 3 Beta? If not, I wouldn't comment on still shots of the graphics.

Okay, let's not start a flame war here. Bioshock's water looks great. Done.

The Lamonster said:

I didn't play the Halo 3 Beta, but I've watched a lot of the media from the game so far. Hopefully they're saving the really awesome stuff so as to not spoil the game.

I guess alternatively I just have funny eyes. I tend to disagree with lots of opinions on visuals with people on this board.

Blueblur1 said:
Okay, let's not start a flame war here. Bioshock's water looks great. Done.

Agreed. But if you walk around it and look at it from each angle, it just doesn't stack up to Halo 3's water. Bioshock's water also doesn't react as lifelike to objects, if it even reacts at all. Also, no I don't want a flame war either, just stating what I've seen.

Top Bottom