• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Havok Unearths Wired Halo 3 Goldmine (New SP and MP pics inside)

traveler

Not Wario
GhaleonEB said:
troop_hog3.png

Loving the look of this shot. I'm curious to see how the troop 'hog is used in Campaign.

This pic just reminded me- how does riding shotgun in Halo 3 work? Is it the same as Halo 2 where you're firing in third person or is it like Halo 1, where you can actually see what you're doing? (The firing view in Halo 1 was one of the few aspects of the game that I thought was superior to Halo 2's .)

clav

traveler said:
This pic just reminded me- how does riding shotgun in Halo 3 work? Is it the same as Halo 2 where you're firing in third person or is it like Halo 1, where you can actually see what you're doing? (The firing view in Halo 1 was one of the few aspects of the game that I thought was superior to Halo 2's .)
You couldn't aim for shit though in Halo 1 in that view.

traveler

Not Wario
HaloFans said:
You couldn't aim for shit though in Halo 1 in that view.

Wha- I thought it was much easier to aim in that view than it was in Halo 2's constricting 3rd person cam. You can only see the areas right around you and it's hard to get a sense of whether you're hitting someone or not. I much prefer the first person view.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Guardian is not a remake of Lockout.

It does not share one single pixel, voxel or nurb.

Not one ramp, door nor ledge.

New it is.

Tieno

Stinkles said:

So which map is Guardian a remake of then?

OverHeat

« generous god »
Stinkles said:

New it is.
Do Halo 3 really use nurb...?

Stinkles said:

New it is.
But it does use similar playable characters, so I'll wait until it's official.

NeXuSDK

Stinkles said:

New it is.

Lockout remake confirmed?

Stinkles said:

New it is.

I do not like green eggs an ham

GrayFoxPL

Woo, new pictures made me interested in Halo 3 again. Looks great even for someone that never played Halo.

BTW. Will it be fine to jump straight to H3 without playing previous games or will the story make no sense? Will they include "in previous episodes" type thing?

GrayFoxPL said:
Woo, new pictures made me interested in Halo 3 again. Looks great even for someone that never played Halo.

BTW. Will it be fine to jump straight to H3 without playing previous games or will the story make no sense? Will they include "in previous episodes" type thing?

Yes, the opening cutscenes and manual will bring you up to speed in the story - and it's a badass story too.

Karg

GrayFoxPL said:

And if you want a quick and dirty update:

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

TDG

Banned
I've only got a minute, so I'll make this brief:

Very cool pictures. My favorite is this one, which I guess is from the level The Storm:
H3_TheStorm_FP03.jpg

There's so much going on here. With the ships in the backround, it looks like the Halo 2 ad campaign, except we get to play it.

The gravity hammer reticule also looks cool, and Guardian is looking like a lot of fun. And do I spot a grav lift?

Good luck at the event tonight, Ghaleon. Your wife sounds very understanding.

EDIT: Also, I just listened to the Bungie Podcast, and I just wanted to mention that between Madden and this Bungie Pro idea, Luke is ruining the videogames industry.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Stinkles said:

New it is.
So you're saving Lockout remake for DLC, yeah?

MaX_PL

Banned
we better get a midship remake, a chillout remake, and a lockout remake.

no more beavercreeks, no more wizards. thats enough.

Dirtbag

MaX_PL said:

And take out all the new weapons! And remove the equipment feature already damnit!!

MaX_PL said:

I want:

Damnation
Chill Out
Prisoner
Boarding Action
Sidewinder

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
sixthsubset said:
the game still needs a good 1v1 map
I heard that Guardian is a remake of Lockout, so it should be decent for 1v1 games.

Haunted

gravity_hammer_holding.png

I keep hearing of this gravity hammer. I guess it's a melee weapon. So I ask the knowledgeable Halo people - why should I use this instead of the energy sword (aside from looking fucking menacing, I mean)? Is it also a one-hit kill?

Haunted One said:
why should I use this instead of the energy sword (aside from looking fucking menacing, I mean)?

It has splash damage, it can knock away grenades, and it will slap a vehicle outta your way.

NeXuSDK

Haunted One said:
gravity_hammer_holding.png

I keep hearing of this gravity hammer. I guess it's a melee weapon. So I ask the knowledgeable Halo people - why should I use this instead of the energy sword (aside from looking fucking menacing, I mean)? Is it also a one-hit kill?

Because it's a hammer and it's fucking powerful. With a sword, you can stab. With a hammer, you can hit stuff and push them far away. This being a gravity hammer, you can even hit vehicles and send them straight for the moon onboard the express train.

Haunted One said:
So I ask the knowledgeable Halo people - why should I use this instead of the energy sword (aside from looking fucking menacing, I mean)? Is it also a one-hit kill?
I don't know if you should use any weapon over any weapon since it is a personal choice after all, but the grav hammer does do a handful of things the sword doesn't (ie. radial splash damage, etc).

HallwayGiant said:
I don't know if you should use any weapon over any weapon since it is a personal choice after all, but the grav hammer does do a handful of things the sword doesn't.

Part of Halo is using things to your advangtage, knowing the strengths and weaknesses of each weapon and vehicle - so when you're being chased by a sword guy with overshield, you can still defend yourself with a plasma pistol if need be.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
The Lamonster said:
somebody youtube it!
They already did and it got taken down. I found this a little while ago, but wasn't sure if I should post it.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Do the Elites have the second heatsink?

zomg, this sucks.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Cocopjojo said:
Do the Elites have the second heatsink?

zomg, this sucks.

Bum deal, dude, but look at it this way. At least it's not 9/25. You still have time!

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
urk said:
Bum deal, dude, but look at it this way. At least it's not 9/25. You still have time!
I know, but I don't have time to ship it and get it back. I'm going to have to buy a new one, either till mine gets back from repair, or as a permanent replacement. Ugh, I wanted to spend that $400+ on other stuff.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Cocopjojo said:
I know, but I don't have time to ship it and get it back. I'm going to have to buy a new one, either till mine gets back from repair, or as a permanent replacement. Ugh, I wanted to spend that $400+ on other stuff.

Target has a lax return policy. Purchase new, send busted unit off for repair, play, receive, return.

Top Bottom