• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Havok Unearths Wired Halo 3 Goldmine (New SP and MP pics inside)

SonnyBoy

Cocopjojo said:
I know, but I don't have time to ship it and get it back. I'm going to have to buy a new one, either till mine gets back from repair, or as a permanent replacement. Ugh, I wanted to spend that $400+ on other stuff.

Welcome to the club, your jacket is in your dorm.

Barnolde

Banned
Cocopjojo said:
I know, but I don't have time to ship it and get it back. I'm going to have to buy a new one, either till mine gets back from repair, or as a permanent replacement. Ugh, I wanted to spend that $400+ on other stuff.

It takes about a month, you may get it in the nick of time.

BuG

Does it really take that long over there? Here in Australia it's two weeks max. You have a bunch more people over there but the difference is still surprising.

On Halo: I didn't even know what the hell this Elephant thing was until clicking the link. I'd never even heard of it before but it looks pretty badarse.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
So, here's how it went down (no lie):

BioShock's opening cutscene is about to be described:

I picked up BioShock today. I came home, put it in my 360, and cut it on. I watched the plane cutscene and then we crashed, etc. The game moved my character up to the top of the water, and I took my first breath. Right as it gave me control of my character, I turned to look at the awesomeness around me and then... the screen froze, the audio cut out, and then came back in as a buzz: "Chk...TZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ-" I cut off the system and... well, you know where we stand now.

I'm so pissed right now.

I guess I'll buy one from Target and then return it, but... can I return it a month later? If they don't take it back, then I'm screwed.

Sucks.

Proelite

Cocopjojo said:
So, here's how it went down (no lie):

BioShock's opening cutscene is about to be described:

I picked up BioShock today. I came home, put it in my 360, and cut it on. I watched the plane cutscene and then we crashed, etc. The game moved my character up to the top of the water, and I took my first breath. Right as it gave me control of my character, I turned to look at the awesomeness around me and then... the screen froze, the audio cut out, and then came back in as a buzz: "Chk...TZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ-" I cut off the system and... well, you know where we stand now.

I'm so pissed right now.

I guess I'll buy one from Target and then return it, but... can I return it a month later? If they don't take it back, then I'm screwed.

Sucks.

Target's policy is 90 days, isn't it?

mr stroke

I was down on this game visualy at first but the more I look at it the better it looks, that first pic on page one causes a bonner in my shorts....can't wait

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
The Lamonster said:
Yeah, pretty shitty feeling when your $400 machine breaks, huh?

So is this your first experience with the red lights?
Yes. This is from a post I made just two days ago:

Cocopjojo said:
I'm still on a launch 360 (slept at Target to get it) and I worry every day that it's about to bite the dust. My power supply went out about six months into its life, and I had it replaced. And I had a bout a few weeks back where it froze up when running Guitar Hero II, but it's working fine now. I figure I need to trade it in for a newer one, though, just so my constant fear of its imminent doom can be relieved.

Some nights, I wake up in a cold sweat, imagining it's September 24th, and I have the RRoD.

PleoMax

Banned
thetrin said:
Glad I'm not the only one. It does look like shit.

Anyone with two eyes, i mean cmon, i'm stoked for this game, but look at that image. Whoever took that pic should get shot (lol)

PleoMax said:
Anyone with two eyes, i mean cmon, i'm stoked for this game, but look at that image. Whoever took that pic should get shot (lol)

It really doesn't look that bad, any jaggies are from image compression. And those hunter energy shields look badass in motion - this pic doesn't do it justice. I don't understand what else could possibly look so bad in this picture.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
After some consideration, I've decided to hold off on buying a temporary replacement 360 and instead purchase the Halo Edition 360 next month. The only downside is that it doesn't have a 120gig HDD, but that's not an issue with me. I only use the HDD for gamesaves. When my 360 gets back from MS, I'll trade it in and use the cash to replenish by savings account.

Does anyone know if the Halo 360 has the second heatsink? I want the hardware I'm buying to be reliable.

What sucks is that I've been counting on BioShock to get me through the next few weeks. I don't know what I'll do now.

Blueblur1

Cocopjojo said:
After some consideration, I've decided to hold off on buying a temporary replacement 360 and instead purchase the Halo Edition 360 next month. The only downside is that it doesn't have a 120gig HDD, but that's not an issue with me. I only use the HDD for gamesaves. When my 360 gets back from MS, I'll trade it in and use the cash to replenish by savings account.

Does anyone know if the Halo 360 has the second heatsink? I want the hardware I'm buying to be reliable.

What sucks is that I've been counting on BioShock to get me through the next few weeks. I don't know what I'll do now.
The Halo 3 Xbox 360 has a Zephyr motherboard like the Elite and the HDMI-equipped Premiums. It should have the new heatsink. I might pick one up myself.

The Lamonster said:
It really doesn't look that bad, any jaggies are from image compression. And those hunter energy shields look badass in motion - this pic doesn't do it justice. I don't understand what else could possibly look so bad in this picture.

It doesn't look bad at all. It looks pretty good. A few jaggies, but whoop-de-doo. I'm more impressed with what the shot is showing content wise, but still I'm really happy with the graphics.

Okin

The Lamonster said:

Those jaggies aren't from image compression. Image compression might dirty up an image, but it doesn't somehow alias the tower cables in the background, or make the green reflection shaders devoid of supersampling.

Frankie mentioned (I think) that they would sometimes use the screencap feature to take the multiplayer pics, and that it adds extra anti-aliasing. If Halo 3 actually has that much AA when running, it'll look great, but if it's just as jaggy as it was in the beta, then a lot of the smooth look and detail is lost, and it ends up looking mediocre again.

So, can anyone here confirm that the game is as anti-aliased as the screens make it out to be?

subrock

this many gameplay innovations and upgrades with halo 1's graphics and I would still pooh my pants in excitement for this game. fact is *I* love how it looks, and *I* want to get my grubby mitts on it right now

Okin said:
Those jaggies aren't from image compression. Image compression might dirty up an image, but it doesn't somehow alias the tower cables in the background, or make the green reflection shaders devoid of supersampling.

Frankie mentioned (I think) that they would sometimes use the screencap feature to take the multiplayer pics, and that it adds extra anti-aliasing. If Halo 3 actually has that much AA when running, it'll look great, but if it's just as jaggy as it was in the beta, then a lot of the smooth look and detail is lost, and it ends up looking mediocre again.

So, can anyone here confirm that the game is as anti-aliased as the screens make it out to be?

Just watch the single player E3 trailer. The game looks hawt. Don't worry about AA...if it's that big of a deal just go buy a crappy SD TV - that will smooth things out quite a bit!

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
I just talked to customer support and they told me they're currently operating at a three week turnaround time. Excellent (as excellent as this situation can be).

Dirtbag

Lamonster, if you're going to be posting every two/three posts consider getting a less distracting avatar please.

This is the third halo thread I've tried to read and its giving me a headache / attracting eyes to my monitor at work.

Ace 8095

Okin said:

The official Halo 3 screens look like they have 16xAA. I expect the final game will have 2xAA like the beta did.

Dirtbag 504 said:
Lamonster, if you're going to be posting every two/three posts consider getting a less distracting avatar please.

This is the third halo thread I've tried to read and its giving me a headache / attracting eyes to my monitor at work.

It's changed. Only slightly less distracting, however. Let me know what you think.

jet1911 said:
It's too big though. 90*120 max. ;)

Is this one too big? I'm at work, and I don't have Photoshop to tell me image size. I would love to get this finished so we can go back to talking about Halo 3. :lol

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Okin said:

Shame we can't get a clear answer on how much anti-aliasing will go into Halo 3.

If the game doesn't look like these pics on September 25th I will be disappointed.

The Lamonster said:
Is this one too big? I'm at work, and I don't have Photoshop to tell me image size. I would love to get this finished so we can go back to talking about Halo 3. :lol

Avatar > Right-Click > Properties

It's 90x133

Ramirez

Damn, first Bioshock fucked me in my face for about 4 straight hours, then I log on to these sweet pics of forge and shit! :D

Now, I can only hope the footage tonight is leaked in some way. :p

Firestorm

I have a question about co-op and live and that old co-op thread is biiiiigggg.

Say there are two people playing on a console. To play 4 player co-op with two other people on Xbox Live, would both those people on the console need Xbox Live Gold membership? Or can one piggyback off the other? If so, can the second player still use their Xbox Live Silver account to get achievements?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
stan.gif

Firestorm said:
I have a question about co-op and live and that old co-op thread is biiiiigggg.

Say there are two people playing on a console. To play 4 player co-op with two other people on Xbox Live, would both those people on the console need Xbox Live Gold membership? Or can one piggyback off the other? If so, can the second player still use their Xbox Live Silver account to get achievements?

my understanding is that in four player co-op you can have two parties of two that play split screen. At least one from each will have to have gold.

BuG said:
Lamonster: After all of that your avatar is still 1px too high. :lol

Ha yeah and faster, more colorful, and more distracting than ever. Not planning on fixing that 1px unless a mod thinks it's really important for me to do so. I'm happy with this one.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
The Lamonster said:
Ha yeah and faster, more colorful, and more distracting than ever. Not planning on fixing that 1px unless a mod thinks it's really important for me to do so. I'm happy with this one.
I fixed it for you, see my post above.

TDG

Banned
I hope you all feel that The Lamonster has done a good job of taking over my "posting every few minutes but not contributing anything to the discussion" duties while I'm on vacation.

Top Bottom