• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Fi RUSH comes to PS5 on March 18th

bender

What time is it?
Tried it on GP. Wasn’t for me.
f54353aa-9c51-4b92-8224-08bb1bc4c438_text.gif

Last edited:

nikolino840

The rhythm synchronization gameplay was too difficult for my old brain and old reflexes.
Needs a "slow down" mode for senior citizens.
Attacking precisely on the beat gives only bonus and combo things..i suck too but is still playable bc the animation of the attack follows always the rhythm even if you miss the beat

Sorcerer

Is this the Xbox multiplatform release strategy? To release certain games on separate platforms at first?
I get why Phil declined to talk about. It would be weird to say all these games are coming to the other platforms, but such and such is only on Switch for now and such and such is only on Playstation for now. Awkward to announce it that way. But still just give everybody everything at once, why hold out?
So far it's 2 for Switch, 1 for Playstation.
Perhaps Nintendo wanted something unique to them for the direct.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I downloaded it on PC Gamepass. While I can see why some people would love it, combat in rhythm and the scoring kinda turned me off from it.

I would just try to restart over and over again if I messed up the beat. Also it felt like sometimes I was on beat and it would dock me points. I think you gotta switch up the attacks and dodges kinda like in Devil May Cry in order to get the highest score.

It became too much for me. Still glad other folks get to play it.

Last edited:

Alx

I should go back to that game, I finished my first playthrough but decided to wait before going NG+ and never did in the end. I had a lot of fun with it, it clearly remembered me of the Dreamcast days, full of colorful and creative games based on a very solid gameplay, and not pretending to be anything else than pure entertainment.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I was likely thinking the game was $70, so I stand by that statement

If it launched lower, 40-50 is a reasonable price

Its not a particularly long game and for most people its a one and done
It's a pretty replayable game with a lot of extra modes and unlockables. I know not everyone cares about that sort of thing, but they did a good job.

Mr Moose

Is this the Xbox multiplatform release strategy? To release certain games on separate platforms at first?
I get why Phil declined to talk about. It would be weird to say all these games are coming to the other platforms, but such and such is only on Switch for now and such and such is only on Playstation for now. Awkward to announce it that way. But still just give everybody everything at once, why hold out?
So far it's 2 for Switch, 1 for Playstation.
Perhaps Nintendo wanted something unique to them for the direct.
Might not be able to talk about them yet. Even this one seems to have been too early.

Killjoy-NL

Doubt that's how this is going to work, these 4 little games are to ease xbox fans into the idea.

Major franchises will all ready be getting near release state (for ms). Probs see another batch announced at their June event stating impressive sales, which won't be quantified, on ps5 for these 4 games.
Hellblade 2 will probably be one of the first big titles to go PS5.

Killjoy-NL

Oh Hellblade 2 is definitely coming too. They might end up just trickling things out this year and drop the bombshells next year, just to get people used to it so it doesn’t come as much of a shock,
Fine by me.

Was already discussing with my son to maybe buy Hellblade 2 on PC and play it on his rig, but now I'm just gonna wait for the PS5-release.

It's the only Xbox game I'm interested in, but I loved Heavenly Sword and Hellblade, so it's a no-brainer. The rest of the Xbox library is mediocre and has no appeal to me, personally.

Killjoy-NL

Well if that happens then they're really fucked.
Let's be honest, almost no Xbox game is really going to be a major succes on Playstation.

At best they'll sell better than on Xbox, which isn't exactly a high bar.

Maybe Starfield and Forza van potentially sell decently.

GHG

Let's be honest, almost no Xbox game is really going to be a major succes on Playstation.

I'm not even sure Starfield would now, that ship has sailed, they needed to release it at the same time as everywhere else in order to dupe people with the marketing.

Forza Horizon would do very well though.

King Dazzar

Its their back catalogue of Halo MCC and Gears I would like. These others are nice enough, but just mediocre for me personally. As I say though, hope they do well and good luck for those that get into them. But the expectation from some, that suddenly everyone on PlayStation is going to love Xbox games. Yeah good luck with that. But give us Gears though....

acm2000

Yeah I don't get it, the game would run on a 360 so there's no reason. Maybe just partnerships. We give this to Nintendo and that to Sony.
game would need to be 60fps with enough clarity for the timing, switch is going to be pushing it to do that

//DEVIL//

MS fans " I hope Sony people Do not buy it so MS learn their lesson and never release any more games on PShit "
Sony Fans " I want to buy and support this just so we can get all MS games on PS and xbox become a true useless console"

PC fans looking at MS and Sony fans and be like "LoL at these idiot kids LoL .. wait WTFFFF IS THIS EPIC ONLY WTFFFF"

Stop loving a brand name and a fucking plastic box. just buy the game you friggin like !

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

MS fans " I hope Sony people Do not buy it so MS learn their lesson and never release any more games on PShit "
Sony Fans " I want to buy and support this just so we can get all MS games on PS and xbox become a true useless console"

PC fans looking at MS and Sony fans and be like "LoL at these idiot kids LoL"

Stop loving a brand name and a fucking plastic box. just buy the game you friggin like !
Also PC gamers: "where is Bloodborne? Lol everything else Playstation is going to be day 1 on PC"

Last edited:
Top Bottom