• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Fi RUSH comes to PS5 on March 18th

Varteras

Gold Member
There were a ton of negative reviews on PC due to performance issues so my guess is it is just Bethesda being Bethesda.
That's just your fault for not having a better PC

QXITSVg.jpg

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Hifi rush is a very niche game. It had a peak of 6,000 players on steam at launch. it is not going to be a big hit with the PS fanbase though stranger things like Helldivers 2 have happened.

This is like Sony porting Sackboy to PC and wondering why it didnt sell. These niche music rhythm games just dont sell well nowadays. The days of Jet Pack Radio are long gone.

I will be curious to see how Sea of Thieves performs. Looks like Skull and Bones flopped but there is something about sea of thieves thats appealing to gamers. I dont know what that is but i wouldnt be surprised if thats a game that PS gamers might end up buying.

Other than that, I think Starfield will sell really well though maybe not as much as it wouldve now that the IP is tainted due to the word of mouth. Forza Horizon 5 on the other hand has great word of mouth and might sell really well. Indiana Jones and Hellblade 2 are not going to set the charts on fire on any platform but they will get a bigger boost due to the Playstation base preferring action adventure games with big cinematic moments.

Last edited:

King Dazzar

MS fans " I hope Sony people Do not buy it so MS learn their lesson and never release any more games on PShit "
Sony Fans " I want to buy and support this just so we can get all MS games on PS and xbox become a true useless console"

PC fans looking at MS and Sony fans and be like "LoL at these idiot kids LoL"

Stop loving a brand name and a fucking plastic box. just buy the game you friggin like !
Bit heavy on the ole PC Master Race there. People will be people. I'd align it more with PC gamers choosing whether or not to buy games on Epic vs Steam and all that drama.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Fine by me.

Was already discussing with my son to maybe buy Hellblade 2 on PC and play it on his rig, but now I'm just gonna wait for the PS5-release.

It's the only Xbox game I'm interested in, but I loved Heavenly Sword and Hellblade, so it's a no-brainer. The rest of the Xbox library is mediocre and has no appeal to me, personally.
I like Fable and would mess with some older Halo Multiplayer, but that’s about it for me as well.

That wasn't their original intent, no. Just things end up being that way when your plans don't come to fruition.

Anyone keeping up with hardware sales data last year should have seen this coming a mile away. The moment Microsoft said they want to bring games to everyone, I knew what was coming. Remember when they announced blade but couldn't confirm console exclusivity to xbox? That was the first hint of things to come.

Last edited:

FrankWza

Anyone keeping up with hardware sales data last year should have seen this coming a mile away. The moment Microsoft said they want to bring games to everyone, I knew what was coming. Remember when they announced blade but couldn't confirm console exclusivity to xbox? That was the first hint of things to come.
They had a chance. They couldn't keep CoD off of PS and the Starfield situation not moving consoles made them pivot. It's 100% what they wanted to do. Those moves were always about playing takeaway from PlayStation

They had a chance. They couldn't keep CoD off of PS and the Starfield situation not moving consoles made them pivot. It's 100% what they wanted to do. Those moves were always about playing takeaway from PlayStation

Yeah it was. Funny how Microsoft thought they could take sony on just by spending money and instead, they had to run to sony just to be able to make some money from all those acquisitions. They don't have the install base to do it with just xbox.

Havoc2049

This is a great game. It's heavy in the Jet Set Radio and Sunset Overdrive vibes. This is a must play if you like stylized Japanese action/adventure games.

Looks like not all four games are coming to all systems.

Raonak

Banned
That wasn't their original intent, no. Just things end up being that way when your plans don't come to fruition.
I think it was the opposite. I think this was always the long term plan after both the xbone and the series both underwhelmed.

They would have absolutely known that a company as big as Activision would need to release multiplatform to actually make money.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I think it was the opposite. I think this was always the long term plan after both the xbone and the series both underwhelmed.

They would have absolutely known that a company as big as Activision would need to release multiplatform to actually make money.
You always keep that door open, but they did want to foreclose on key games initially, it just didn't go the way they were hoping it would. Hence, plan B.

sachos

:messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: My Spanish is extremely rusty but I can definitely understand the universal language of rage here

"Well gentlemen, now that Hi-Fi Rush is going to Playstation that means Sony has won the console wars. Microsoft invests more than 70 Billion to port games for the damn competitor... from now on, Playstation it is for me. I don't want this damned console, this console goes to where it belongs... TO THE TRASH CAN, TO THE DAMN TRASH CAN, that damned console. Fuck you Phil Spencer, Fuck you... from now on Playstation it is for me, never again am i buying an Xbox game... there (the trash can) it is where that damend console deserves to be. Trash console... Phil Spencer is a sycophant, Phil Spencer is a CUCK, Phil Spencer is USELESS! THAT'S THE PRICE OF TRUSTING PHIL SPENCER... that they port games for Playstation".

Last edited:
It’s a good game, a bit repetitive at times but good all the same.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it ended up on the Switch successor as a launch title

Top Bottom