• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman 5 viral marketing hints at E3 reveal [Hitman: Absolution]

Pollux

About fucking time....I've been replaying Blood Money like crazy for the last month or so...fuck yes. I'm ready for another one.

Please don't make it suck. Take the mechanics from Blood Money, improve them, and then add some logical, well-thought out new mechanics on top, along with some big, well-designed missions. That's what I want from a Hitman sequel.

Angry Fork

derFeef said:
I know I know, but I doubt, erm, hope, that this game does not exist anymore and they reworked everything. You just made it sound like the game is out already.
Haha, yea I know, I get riled up when it comes to that kind of stuff my bad.

Gravijah

Sn4ke_911 said:
NO! A professional assassin must always be clean and shaved.

professional assassin? no no no. how about this: an ex-marine. a mission against a bloodthirsty terrorist with a nuclear bomb

no

two nuclear bombs!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
FunkyPajamas said:
http://i.imgur.com/cHska.jpg[IMG]
I'm sure a more talented poster will include the Hitman logo somewhere :P

Let's hope they don't Tom-Clancify this one.

Trollface Maximus.[/QUOTE]
Aahahahahahahahaha

In all seriousness, not getting hyped for this at all. If its awesome, then I'm pleasantly surprised. If its "modernized" and thus a pile of ass, then no hurt feelings.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Foffy said:
Their Hitman games are always their best titles. Neither Kane and Lynch had the awesome feel that the Hitman game implores. In fact, Kane and Lynch features the worst aspects of the Hitman games (firefights) as the main feature of both games.

Well when you put it like that i feel more hopeful about Hitman 5, hopefully you are right and Hitman 5 brings the best in the studio. Also a small interesting fact is that the director for Blood Money left the studio so yeah.

Plissken

Criminal Upper said:
I never played Blood Money, only Hitman 1&2.

Is it good?

It's the best game in the series, go buy it now and thank us later.

I for one have faith in IO Interactive to deliver an amazing follow up to Blood Money, look forward to seeing what they reveal at E3.

Tacitus_

Angry Fork said:
People should not be hyped for this. I'd love to be, but you know how this will turn out.

99% guarantee that you're gonna get some kind of 2-3 weapon limit, it's gonna be a complete reboot with a cover system, OTS view etc. all that stuff. Any and all stealth aspects will be gone. Some BS force multi-player and so on.

Wait, you used something other than the fibre wire + the enviroments?

Untracked

Plissken said:
Certainly is, and one of my all-time favourites.
If IO change up the Blood Money formula I'll be gutted.
Gonna replay Blood Money, it's truly awesome.

Huff

Banned
Gravijah said:
professional assassin? no no no. how about this: an ex-marine. a mission against a bloodthirsty terrorist with a nuclear bomb

no

two nuclear bombs!

Can we have aliens too? Please?

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the news, Temp. Getting pretty hyped now and would love to see a nice CGI trailer to go with a gameplay reel.

Hitman series, one of the finest game experiances to have out there.

Interfectum

Plissken said:

I for one have faith in IO Interactive to deliver an amazing follow up to Blood Money, look forward to seeing what they reveal at E3.

Blood Money is probably in my top 5 of all time and I have zero faith IO will deliver a worthy follow up. For one I believe virtually everyone who had something to do with Hitman is no long even at IO and the gameplay is way, way too smart for today's audience. A Hitman 5 that plays similar to BM will not sell enough for Squeenix to be happy at this point, I fear. :\

I fully expect Hitman to be "convictened" into a generic mess of a game.

These games are too hard for me to enjoy fully, but yeah, I'd rather not play it than see a dumbed-down version for non-fans. Eidos seem to know what's up though, they'll pull through.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Zenith said:
Hitman checks himself in a mirror. The iconic Hitman. Shoulder camera reveals his BAR CODE. He dusts off an invisible speck from his jacket and walks towards the door.

Gameplay: the player deals with the 2 guards outside as he sees fit.
SWAG

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Angry Fork said:
People should not be hyped for this. I'd love to be, but you know how this will turn out.

99% guarantee that you're gonna get some kind of 2-3 weapon limit, it's gonna be a complete reboot with a cover system, OTS view etc. all that stuff. Any and all stealth aspects will be gone. Some BS force multi-player and so on.

People thinking this is going to be a better version of Blood Money or have the same kind of fun gameplay elements and stealth aspects etc. are going to be in for a world of disappointment. I'm staying on the platform waving the hype train goodbye, if you get on the hype train it's going to crash, just warning you now.

It's hard to deny with all those facts and sources.

BitterGAF.

Hmm if they modernize it and update in the sickening cliche style of recent updates, I won't buy it.
If you just make another hitman game like all the others I won't buy it.
I'm a huge fan of the series and I want another game.

Good Luck!

-BLITZ-

I'm so glad that this is happening after so much time of waiting. I least hope they will make 47 balled head more accurate and perfect in stead of octogonal-style from the last game. He looked very chopped.

Worth playing all his 4 games, specially Blood Money, so I'm sure this one will manage to make me happy a lot with new engine, new graphics light/shadow, fighting technics, and the newest improvement in stealth mode.

Neuromancer said:
I really should play Blood Money, shouldn't I. Edge magazine had a great post-mortem type feature about it a few months ago.

Blood Money is the very definition of open-ended. There are dozens of different options and plans of attack in each level.

n0b

"Gameplay: the player deals with the 2 guards outside as he sees fit."

This is the only thing that bugs me. "Deal with" better include climbing out of the window and ignoring them. If they force confrontations in the game, then they are misunderstanding what makes the series so amazing.

Blood Money is one of the best games of this generation, so even though some of the rumors about this game worry me, I am still confident that IO will deliver. I hope they can improve the graphics and characters through what they have learned since the last hitman, as long as the gameplay doesn't suffer.

Interfectum

n0b said:
"Gameplay: the player deals with the 2 guards outside as he sees fit."

This is the only thing that bugs me. "Deal with" better include climbing out of the window and ignoring them. If they force confrontations in the game, then they are misunderstanding what makes the series so amazing.

Blood Money is one of the best games of this generation, so even though some of the rumors about this game worry me, I am still confident that IO will deliver. I hope they can improve the graphics and characters through what they have learned since the last hitman, as long as the gameplay doesn't suffer.

What bugs me about that is it looks like you are being guided through the level. In Blood Money you were dropped in a sandbox with a target that needs to be offed. How you did that was completely up to you.

Jason's Ultimatum said:
How is the AI in BM? I really hated how broken it was in H2.

It was pretty good from what I recall. If you fucked up, the AI would know about it. Alternatively, it was possible in most levels to get through undetected if you did your job.

Interfectum

disappeared said:
It was pretty good from what I recall. If you fucked up, the AI would know about it. Alternatively, it was possible in most levels to get through undetected if you did your job.

Silent Assassin :) The 'accident system' they introduced in BM was awesome.

Beat it on PC and Xbox 360... got 1000/1000 achievements. Such a great game.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Interfectum said:
The AI seemed fine to me in BM.
It still has it's wtf moments, but that was always the case since every Hitman. You just gotta adapt a bit instead of using your natural instincts

I really hope IO delivers. Unfortunately I haven't been able to play Blood Money even though I own the game... in german. I bought it on Germany because I thought it would have english but it didn't! And now I refuse to rebuy it, grrr.

Interfectum said:
Silent Assassin :) The 'accident system' they introduced in BM was awesome.

Beat it on PC and Xbox 360... got 1000/1000 achievements. Such a great game.

Pushing a fool down a flight of stairs and walking away like a boss. Or rigging a barbecue to explode.

Man I gotta track down the 360 version again.

n0b

Jason's Ultimatum said:
How is the AI in BM? I really hated how broken it was in H2.

They wont instakill you for running, walking by them, or looking at them funny anymore.

Murkas

I hope this doesn't turn into another 3rd person cover shooter with forced shoot outs, regenerating health, explosions and all that jazz.

Interfectum

disappeared said:
Pushing a fool down a flight of stairs and walking away like a boss. Or rigging a barbecue to explode.

Man I gotta track down the 360 version again.

The Opera House and the Wedding were two of my favorite scenarios. You can't beat watching someone shoot someone else on stage with a real gun (you planted) or feeding people to the gators. haha what an awesome game.

Fayte19

Neo Member
I've been hoping they'd make another Hitman game. I've played a few of them, and while I was never great at them, I fucking loved them. Blood Money especially.

So many epic moments.
Shooting the glass bottom out of the jacuzzi in the mountain retreat level is still one my favorite things I've ever done in any video game ever.

If they can keep the magic alive in a sequel I'll be there Day 1.

n0b

Gexecuter said:
But they will kill you for lockpicking a door if i remember correctly,
Yeah but that makes sense for the game, its all about you figuring out when you have an opening to get in and that kind of stuff. The hitman 2 "I don't like your face" meter was annoying as hell and seemed so hard to really judge what was going on.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
n0b said:
Yeah but that makes sense for the game, its all about you figuring out when you have an opening to get in and that kind of stuff. The hitman 2 "I don't like your face" meter was annoying as hell and seemed so hard to really judge what was going on.

I agree but i always found that pretty damn weird and funny, in the world of Hitman lockpicking is a capital offense. I dunno i guess i would prefer for NPCs give you single a warning or that lockpicking in the presence of a guard would make them more aware of your actions causing them to follow you, the only way to get them off your back is by changing costumes.
Oh and the games before Blood Money were fucked regarding social stealth, thank god they fixed that tough.

MMaRsu

Banned
If the new Hitman game gets dumbed down and has a cover system, is unlike Blood Money in any way.... man that would just kill me. BM was so goddamn good, they don't need to change much.

Top Bottom