• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeworld Remastered Collection pre-order up on Steam. Feb 25 release, $30 (15% off)

Status
Not open for further replies.
update 2:

37 minutes of gameplay with a developer panel discussion in glorious HD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRtqy0CGur4

update:

---
click the pic ;)

$29.74 (-15% off)

The Homeworld Remastered Collection includes:
• Homeworld Remastered Edition
• Homeworld 2 Remastered Edition

As a bonus, you will also receive free access to:
• Homeworld Classic
• Homeworld 2 Classic
• Homeworld Remastered Steam Multiplayer Beta

Trailer

capsule_616x353.jpg

There's loads of screenshots on the steam store.
ss_a0d9c08453cb00fdd5ade74ef57a285ecf56c5a6.1920x1080.jpg

ss_193e0990036fa5b1446e4e488d67a468229db147.1920x1080.jpg

ss_adeedef67dc718c2bccdd36eae0a8c41d64885aa.jpg

ss_7fe0826d4834adb0b86a4abec1ac0172a507c283.1920x1080.jpg

Wee bit pricey in the UK, it's £30 with 15% off it comes down to £22.94. That seems a hell of a lot to pay for a remaster of an ancient game. Now I love Homewold, still have my discs for Homeworld and the sequel but £30 for this seems a tad bit too high for me. I was expecting it to be about £15-£20 before discount.

I think I am gonna wait till I see some footage of what they have actually done before I commit to this, even then I might wait for a sale till it is around £10 - £15

sfried

Wee bit pricey in the UK, it's £30 with 15% off it comes down to £22.94. That seems a hell of a lot to pay for a remaster of an ancient game. Now I love Homewold, still have my discs for Homeworld and the sequel but £30 for this seems a tad bit too high for me. I was expecting it to be about £15-£20 before discount.

I think I am gonna wait till I see some footage of what they have actually done before I commit to this, even then I might wait for a sale till it is around £10 - £15

The footage on the steam page not enough?

Guess they'll release more trailers as release date approaches.

This better have the YES song in it

Agremont

I'm glad they kept the old soundtrack. I mean why wouldn't they, but I would probably not buy it if it didn't. One of the top soundtracks of all time in my opinion. Great ambient.

Happy to see it releasing so soon but I'll wait for impressions before picking it up. Not ready to give Gearbox the benefit of the doubt.

Gears

Never played these before but I've heard a lot of good things. Should I be excited for this? Trailer doesn't show much

Lyonaz

Can't wait for Homeworld, game was amazing when I played it back then. Will get the Remastered version.

I wonder when Homeworld: Shipbreakers will release.

Nete

A bit too pricey, even being both games.

Double dipping them (still have the originals) sooner or later, but I'm going to wait for some extra discount.

Portman

I opened Steam this morning to that pop-up, ULTRA EXCITEMENT. Now to just survive the wait and hope that Amazon ships those CEs out for same day arrival.

Human_me

The price is putting me off at the moment.
I was expecting a £16-18 price tag.

I'm hoping this goes on GreenManGaming soon to help reduce the price a bit.

EDIT: ahhhh I just bought it anyway.

I'm super excited now. I love homeworld back in the day.
I hope they support mods in the remastered collection as well.

Lautaro

Fuck it, I preordered it. I wanted the physical product but Amazon says that it will be available fucking December 31...

Maulik

Yea I've had the physical mothership pre ordered since September on amazon and there has been no update in forever. Was there any announcement if the physical release will meet the Feb 25 date?

nded

Mothership replica is corny anyway. Would much rather have a guidestone replica.

Edit: So, are the classic versions being released before or alongside the remastered versions?

Also:
Access to the Homeworld Remastered Steam Multiplayer Beta: play Homeworld races against Homeworld 2 races with up to eight players on 23 maps, plus brand new game modes
Is this a multiplayer beta before the remasters are released, or are they pulling the multiplayer out to sell separately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom