• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House majority leader to colleagues in 2016: ‘I think Putin pays’ Trump

I hope this is held against these motherfuckers when the Trump ship hopefully sinks soon. These people would have never made Trump impeachment possible. Fucking traitors all of them.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I hope I'll be glad Trump won president after all this is over, nothing like some good spring cleaning on a government level.

If there is no justice in the face of the egregious absurdity that is the Republican party then Capitol Hill needs to be burned to the ground.

jerry113

Banned
You guys remember that scene in The Wolf of Wall Street when the FBI raided DiCaprio's office and led half the employees away off in handcuffs?

I want to see that with the White House.

Once again, Kevin McCarthy's fat mouth made him lose a potential promotion of sorts. MSNBC said he was supposedly named as someone who might join the White House.

This is the guy who bragged about using Benghazi to attack Hillary.

LOL "But you say 'I'm serious'!"

DAEJaKdXsAA-BpA.jpg

When people laugh at one of my jokes, I make sure that everyone knows the joke has to stay in the room and under no circumstances be leaked to the press.

Azuran

Banned
Oh god, this universe is amazing is Ryan is going down as well.

I'm going to enjoy this so much. Fuck that piece of garbage.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I was thinking that Ryan was going to be President soon, but nope.

LOL "But you say 'I'm serious'!"

DAEJaKdXsAA-BpA.jpg

Big question that is rarely asked: If this was a joke; if you honestly believe Trump is innocent of any collusion with Russians or any betrayals of the American people, why participate in such a fervent and continued push back of independent investigations? Why so many disparate and confusing answers to why Comey was fired, what classified information Trump shared and why, etc.?

Big question that is rarely asked: If this was a joke; if you honestly believe Trump is innocent of any collusion with Russians or any betrayals of the American people, why participate in such a fervent and continued push back of independent investigations? Why so many disparate and confusing answers to why Comey was fired, what classified information Trump shared and why, etc.?

Why follow up your "joke" with "I swear to god."

ekim

From the transcript I can believe this was a joke in the veins of the background of their "business" and the "no leaks" would fit into this as well. I just don't know if making such jokes is appropriate in the position they are in. I have to hear it though to form a proper opinion on this.

Edit: I take it back a bit after reading it in context with the rest. Still unsure

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Why follow up your "joke" with "I swear to god."

It reminds me of the Adam Sandler skit where a guy plays a tape to people asking them to say if it is two people working out, or having sex.

Terrific. What I'm gonna do now is play a tape for you. And you tell me if
These people are havin' sex..

(Man):
Yeah?

(Adam Sandler):
See how he says yeah? Or working out in a fitness center

(Man):
Uh huh

(Adam Sandler):
I'm pressing play...Now

{Moans and screams}
Male: Oh, oh
Male: We're two guys fucking...
Male: Oh fuck it
Male: We're two guys fucking!
Male: Oh yeah... yeah!
Male: Ram it harder, harder
Male: Yeah!
Male: Slap my ass. Slap it! Ow god. Oh shit, fuck it!

(Adam Sandler):
And what do you think?

(Man):
Uh, that was two gay men having sex

(Adam Sandler):
No those were two men doing Butterfly Curls

(Man):
Sounded like two gay guys having sex

(Adam Sandler):
Well no sir, you are dead wrong

(Man):
Alright

SilentRob

Oh my fucking god this transcript

Ryan: He basically...He has this really interesting riff about... people have said that they have
Ukraine fatigue, and it's really Russian fatigue because what Russia is doing is doing to us,
financing our populists, financing people in our governments to undo our governments, you
know, messing with our oil and gas energy, all the things Russia does to basically blow up our
country, they're just going to roll right through us and go to the Baltics and everyone else.
because what Russia is doing is doing to us, financing our populists, financing people in our governments to undo our governments, you know, messing with our oil and gas energy
financing our populists, financing people in our governments to undo our governments,

How is this all not just a South Park episode?! The irony is fucking shooting me in the face with a Minigun

I agree it was a joke. As in, he clearly said it to make the other people present laugh, which they did.

But he also said "swear to god". Just because it was a joke doesn't mean he doesn't believe it, or that it isn't true.

It's funny how hard core Republicans got their dream candidate and it's sounding more and more like he could bring about the destruction of the entire GOP.
We were littetly saying this all last year. But then trump won.

But it was true all along. Just not the way we expected it.

This is asinine. There's only one way this could be a joke in that context- that there was a kernel of truth to it. Nobody would laugh if they didn't believe there was some connection between the Russian state and Trump.

Top Bottom