• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

Euphony

Banned
Read the initial translation of the chapter. Poor
Fugetsu, I feel so sorry for her :(. Seems like she really cared for her sister even though Kacho doesn't care about anyone but herself
. That last page though phew. My bet is that the last thing we see before the eventual hiatus announcement is
Chrollo getting things started on the boat.

woopWOOP

There's a good chance they're all dead. Chrollo looks bleak as fuck.
I'm expecting Kalluto and maybe Machi to still be around atleast, but everybody else has a chance of already being dead-meat.

I'd be sad if Phinx and Feitan got off'd like that, but atleast we got to see their abilities during their little chimera ant adventure, so...

upandaway

Really cool chapter going over everyone to give a clearer overall picture. Tserried is still scaring the crap outta me. He's clearly not gonna do anything for the first half of the arc in any case.

If they manage to do something about the upper princes then honestly it feels like not all of the princes will die. Most of the princes are pretty chill. I honestly want Kurapika to just give up on the ability and shoot it at the wall because it stresses me out seeing him with Emperor Time on.

That Chrollo is intense, we should be getting a bit more into the ship situation outside of the royal quarters soon

I'm expecting Kalluto and maybe Machi to still be around atleast, but everybody else has a chance of already being dead-meat.

I'd be sad if Phinx and Feitan got off'd like that, but atleast we got to see their abilities during their little chimera ant adventure, so...
I still think if Hisoka killed Kalluto then the Zoldycks would go after him hard.
If Chrollo is still pissed about Shalnark and Kortopi then it's understandable.

vypek

Depending where you read the chapter there is a little note about the number play at the end of the chapter. That is pretty neat.

I normally hate super text heavy chapters of manga but that was a good one. Can't wait to see how things progress.

Kyuur

Meaty chapter, loved it. I can't keep track of all these bodyguards though :lol:

Someone remind me... are all the spiders on the boat or just Chrollo? Is Hisoka onboard?

By all accounts they should all be on the boat since they're doing a 'job'.

I don't really think that anyone else is dead in the Troupe yet. Losing Kortopi was a devastating loss for them compared to Uvo or any of the other combat types and Chrollo probably feels responsible.

I don't really think that anyone else is dead in the Troupe yet. Losing Kortopi was a devastating loss for them compared to Uvo or any of the other combat types and Chrollo probably feels responsible.

This. Especially in light of the accompanying text "Ties aren't forgotten... they're severed." Hisoka literally severed Chrollo's nen-ability's ties to Kortopi and Shalnark, that's probably the only reason he knows they're dead.

I'd be surprised if Hisoka was on board, though. I think the Troupe will suffer a few more losses in this arc, but will escape with Kakin's Jar and live to fight another day. I also think we'll see some non-combat resolution between Chrollo and Kurapika, because I'm still not totally convinced that the spiders were fully responsible for the slaughter of his clan.

Yeah, I'm like Gon with steam coming out of his ears with the guard situation lol.

"I's a far more dangerous poison than I'd ever imagine...!!"

You don't say, Kurapika? Ugh.

Also, this is the note from MS -

Fun little note here. The room number in the end that Chrollo is in is "37564" which is goro-awase(number play) for 3(mi)7(nna)5(go)6(ro)4(shi) - minnagoroshi 皆殺し - kill everyone.

Welp, RIP everyone in there with Chrollo.

Oh, and of course that guy is a genius. Can't wait to see his demented ability. It would be interesting if he had a simple or "pure" Nen ability that he uses sadistically.

Oh, and of course that guy is a genius. Can't wait to see his demented ability. It would be interesting if he had a simple or "pure" Nen ability that he uses sadistically.

Tserreidnich really is a standout character. I love the wild variation in Togashi's depictions of him, his almost childlike earnestness as Theta trains him contrasts amazingly with the utter sadism he's best known for. I also think his ability will be something inherently beautiful and wondrous that his personality perverts.

Side note: How the hell do you pronounce his name? It's "Tserīdonihi" in Japanese, but is Tserreidnich anything remotely resembling a real world name?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I think it has to though

Ging, beyond, and all the zodiacs are on board as well, are they not?

Oh I expect many characters will make it but if serious Nen battles start breaking out on the boat things are going to take a turn for the worse, especially for all the random civilians on board.

Oh I expect many characters will make it but if serious Nen battles start breaking out on the boat things are going to take a turn for the worse, especially for all the random civilians on board.
Isn't all the kakin shit happening on a different level of the boat than everything else?

Can't wait for the climax of the arc. This is like the best mix of characters for madness.

Tserriednich being a genius in nen was kind of trope-y, though.

HStallion

Isn't all the kakin shit happening on a different level of the boat than everything else?

Yeah but as I said, if Nen battles start breaking out I expect them to be destroying parts of the ship and I doubt things stay contained to one level. If Feitan is on board and breaks out Pain Packer for example that's gonna be some massive damage.

Yeah but as I said, if Nen battles start breaking out I expect them to be destroying parts of the ship and I doubt things stay contained to one level. If Feitan is on board and breaks out Pain Packer for example that's gonna be some massive damage.
I feel like if feitan was on board I feel like we would have at least seen him near chrollo, I think chrollo came alone

Aside from that , the succession war is supposed to be a secret so if all the players are taking everything into account (which seems to be the case), I don't think anyone is going to break the boat

Maybe when we get to some of the bigger battles, or if outside players interven though, I guess I could see it happening

Nibel

That last page.
EWmof.gif

Holy hell,
Hisoka
has to be on there as well right? The ship is fucking big

Tserreidnich really is a standout character. I love the wild variation in Togashi's depictions of him, his almost childlike earnestness as Theta trains him contrasts amazingly with the utter sadism he's best known for. I also think his ability will be something inherently beautiful and wondrous that his personality perverts.

Side note: How the hell do you pronounce his name? It's "Tserīdonihi" in Japanese, but is Tserreidnich anything remotely resembling a real world name?
Yep, I'm liking that as well.

I haven't the slightest clue. I'm just going to start calling him Mr. T lol.

Oh yeah.

BloooooooooooD

I wonder about the time frame.
How long between Shalnark's conversation and the boat leaving.
I really don't think they are all dead but where the hell is anyone else?

Lulubop

Oh yeah.

BloooooooooooD

I wonder about the time frame.
How long between Shalnark's conversation and the boat leaving.
I really don't think they are all dead but where the hell is anyone else?

No way, the likely reason he's still so upset is that he probably feels completely responsible here. He borrowed their Nen abilities and in his eyes didn't deliver the killing blow.

No way, the likely reason he's still so upset is that he probably feels completely responsible here. He borrowed their Nen abilities and in his eyes didn't deliver the killing blow.

Yes, I just thought there would be other members there with him in that room.

vareon

I kinda think
Chrollo
is going to die (after unleashing utter chaos on the ship). I mean he already had his victory.

I'm currently operating under the assumption that Tserriednich respects Theta, which is the only reason why he's being an actual person with her. From what I remember any other woman he just talks down to. How long this is going to last I have no idea.

Mael

Don't people remember the start of the Yorkshin arc?
The Troupe came on their own, they don't tag along all the time.
Kuroro usually stayed with Pakunoda and Korutopi...oh crap 2 people (checked before saying BS).
The fact that he's alone and that Korutopi/Charnalk and Machi were the only ones to check Hisoka's corpse means they were probably the only ones with Kuroro this time.
Machi probably is looking for Hisoka and warning everyone in the Troupe.
Kuroro probably planned on going to the boat with Korutopi and Charnalk...
Speculation ahoy! Based on something like 5 images.

HStallion

I would figure if its a job for the Phantom Troupe the remaining members would be there for it even if they're not standing next to Chrollo

RR30

I'm currently operating under the assumption that Tserriednich respects Theta, which is the only reason why he's being an actual person with her. From what I remember any other woman he just talks down to. How long this is going to last I have no idea.

Until he develops his face melting hatsu and she's the first victim.

Don't people remember the start of the Yorkshin arc?
The Troupe came on their own, they don't tag along all the time.

But they were still all in Yorkshin. I think that's the point of comparison here, they tend to move together when they're conducting a major operation.

It's very likely that they're spread out all over the boat, biding their time until the ensuing chaos creates an opportunity to nab the Kakin Jar.

Mael

But they were still all in Yorkshin. I think that's the point of comparison here, they tend to move together when they're conducting a major operation.

It's very likely that they're spread out all over the boat, biding their time until the ensuing chaos creates an opportunity to nab the Kakin Jar.

Exactly, they either probably didn't meet till then or are in the proceedings of going upstairs.
It's going to be a bloodbath when that whole little world comes crashing with Beyond's team and the Zodiacs.
We're at what? 5 different parties(counting the succession as 1 team)?
Insane Togashi didn't make this story devolve into a mess.
Just imagine someone like Robert Jordan handle this and you'd be 15 chapters in fillers!

Dear God, what happens when Kurapica and Chrollo both turn a random corner and run into each other?

Watch that be the final panel before a hiatus

Euphony

Banned
Dear God, what happens when Kurapica and Chrollo both turn a random corner and run into each other?

If things go south and Kurapika brings Queen Oito and Woble down to the lower decks in an attempt to save them, that's definitely a possibility. It would make a great cliffhanger right before a hiatus.

Syntsui

I think Chrollo will die, he has no purpose to the story anymore. He might as well take a fair amount of important characters with him.

Lulubop

I think Chrollo will die, he has no purpose to the story anymore. He might as well take a fair amount of important characters with him.

Well they want the pot atm, but yea I think this arc will be the end of him and many others! Question is, is Hisoka on the boat

Right now it can't happen because they are in totally different decks, the princes are in a totally separated area from the 'common people'.

Though, to steal the royal family, I can imagine Chrollo infiltrating by presenting himself as a bodyguard. Then he could meet Kurapica by chance. :O

Top Bottom