• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

caliph95

Yeah he's technically powerful, but he lacks the intelligence to apply it properly. He thinks less than Gon does, the way Morel beat him was hilarious. Morel just thought up a plan for beating him while Cheetu was reading manga. Morel was too nice though...the Zoldyck's had no time for his nonsense.
I think Zoldyck tried to warn him to be fair
And I do love Morel pretty much trolling him

upandaway

Speaking of Silva he's been pretty low key the whole manga but that dude has to be one of the strongest in the series, way above Hisoka and Illumi. Kinda weird how in my head the tiers near the top involve Netero and Ging but I don't really register Silva.

caliph95

Speaking of Silva he's been pretty low key the whole manga but that dude has to be one of the strongest in the series, way above Hisoka and Illumi. Kinda weird how in my head the tiers near the top involve Netero and Ging but I don't really register Silva.
The Zoldycks or at least Zeno and Silva don't get involved unless they're paid and wouldn't approve of a lot of the shot Illumi pulled.

Also they're are probably around Chrollo

Didn't Zeno straight up say that he's always been slightly behind Netero? I would also put Illumi and Hisoka at around the same level. The only reason why Hisoka doesn't want to fight Illumi is probably because who would he hang out with afterwards?

caliph95

Didn't Zeno straight up say that he's always been slightly behind Netero? I would also put Illumi and Hisoka at around the same level. The only reason why Hisoka doesn't want to fight Illumi is probably because who would he hang out with afterwards?
Didn't he also he maybe would have lost to Chrollo in a serious fight or who knows

Hisoka was considering getting Illumi mad enough to fight him but yeah they like each other too much (though I doubt they trust each other )

Didn't he also he maybe would have lost to Chrollo in a serious fight or who knows

Hisoka was considering getting Illumi mad enough to fight him but yeah they like each other too much (though I doubt they trust each other )
If Chrollo was fighting to kill he says Chrollo might win, but I still think that fight would be pretty close. Zeno's experience has to count for something in my opinion, that and Dragon Dive is pretty powerful and Zeno seems like he'd be adaptable in a fight. I consider Hisoka and Illumi murder bros. The way they get along in the Election arc is actual friendship in my opinion since they just seem to love toying with each other.

caliph95

If Chrollo was fighting to kill he says Chrollo might win, but I still think that fight would be pretty close. Zeno's experience has to count for something in my opinion, that and Dragon Dive is pretty powerful and Zeno seems like he'd be adaptable in a fight. I consider Hisoka and Illumi murder bros. The way they get along in the Election arc is actual friendship in my opinion since they just seem to love toying with each other.
Fair enough for Zeno

Basically older psychopaths honestly and killua though I still they don't really trust each other

Fair enough for Zeno

Basically older psychopaths honestly and killua though I still they don't really trust each other
Hisoka's always down to kill some people and Hisoka knows Illumi's willing to help him out for the right price. They respect each other and know they're good reliable back up for each other. Who else in the HxH universe would pick up the phone randomly for Hisoka?

caliph95

Hisoka's always down to kill some people and Hisoka knows Illumi's willing to help him out for the right price. They respect each other and know they're good reliable back up for each other. Who else in the HxH universe would pick up the phone randomly for Hisoka?
No one alive besides maybe Kurapika(for different reasons)

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I honestly don't even know what most of the zodiacs even do. They just seem like non combatants.

When Hisoka was grading the Hunters during the election arc I believe he came to the conclusion that it was the Zodiacs and a few others in terms of serious threats.

Euphony

Banned
I honestly don't even know what most of the zodiacs even do. They just seem like non combatants.

Some of the zodiacs are terrorist or crime hunters so they definitely do a lot of battling, but yea the rest of the zodiacs just looks for stuff. Like Cheadle being a virus hunter or Cluck being a plant hunter. Not to say they don't have combat skills, just that they probably aren't as skilled in combat compared to hunters who fight as their main job.

Some of them are non combatants.

They manage the Hunter association. So we can imagine they make deals with governments, take care of disputes between hunters, decide on the hunter exam, on who has enough merits to be recognized as such, and how to recognize it (the star system), make a job contract system for hunters and third parties, organize their own intelligence network, etc.

Some of them are non combatants.

They manage the Hunter association. So we can imagine they make deals with governments, take care of disputes between hunters, decide on the hunter exam, on who has enough merits to be recognized as such, and how to recognize it (the star system), make a job contract system for hunters and third parties, organize their own intelligence network, etc.
Damn. I actually want to see Cheadle throw down since for some odd reason she's my favorite zodiac design...Mizaistom looks straight out of Jojo.

I think Zoldyck tried to warn him to be fair

Definitely the best scene with Zeno, in my mind. Togashi is really incredible at giving major insight into supporting characters with only a few lines of dialogue. The fact that Zeno immediately jumped ship once he helped relocate Netero and Meruem seemed oddly disloyal to me, but then he confides in Cheetu (of all people) that he's feeling down because he may have just killed an innocent bystander for the first time in his career. He may still think that he did, since Komugi's fate isn't widely known. Powerful stuff.

Some of the zodiacs are terrorist or crime hunters so they definitely do a lot of battling, but yea the rest of the zodiacs just looks for stuff. Like Cheadle being a virus hunter or Cluck being a plant hunter. Not to say they don't have combat skills, just that they probably aren't as skilled in combat compared to hunters who fight as their main job.

I'd say most of them are probably still pretty strong. Hisoka rated the strength of three of the non-combat zodiacs (Rabbit, Tiger and Sheep) as being 77, 85, and 90 respectively. He thinks Illumi is a 95, for reference. Guys like Botobai, Mizaistrom and Saiyu are probably much higher.

Side question: Did we ever find out who Cheadle's Vice Chairman is? I'd assume it's Mizaistrom, as he was the closest to her in the election, but I'm not sure.

Euphony

Banned
I'd say most of them are probably still pretty strong. Hisoka rated the strength of three of the non-combat zodiacs (Rabbit, Tiger and Sheep) as being 77, 85, and 90 respectively. He thinks Illumi is a 95, for reference. Guys like Botobai, Mizaistrom and Saiyu are probably much higher.

Side question: Did we ever find out who Cheadle's Vice Chairman is? I'd assume it's Mizaistrom, as he was the closest to her in the election, but I'm not sure.

Oh I definitely don't doubt that the non-combat specialized Zodiacs can hold themselves up in a fight, just that they're probably not as strong as the ones who do specialize in fighting. The very first arc of HxH even taught us not to underestimate hunters who aren't crime or bounty hunters with the cooking challenge.

Honestly I don't remember if she did pick a vice chairman after Pariston stepped down. I skimmed through the end of the election arc and the very beginning of the Dark Continent arc and couldn't see a moment where she nominated someone. Mizaistom would be a good bet though considering how involved he has been in everything.

Skimming through the end of the election arc reminded me of how bad the art is in those couple of chapters. I guess it's safe to assume Togashi isn't going to go back and clean those up.

cntr

Banned
DGAcBsMUQAAAuiB.jpg

"I totally rocked her brains out"
Sometimes I feel like the only person that felt bad for Pitou during that scene. Yeah she done some fucked up shit, but I felt no animosity towards her...he...it? Granted if Togashi didn't allow you to spend time with the characters and evolve them then yeah, fuck Pitou up, but the characters ended up being fleshed out too well.

It's out.
They finally find a cockroach to control. Bill pretends it's his Nen ability to avoid suspicion, but the guy sent by First Price has been using En all the time

He covered the entire room with En?
So they are more powerful than I believed. I thought they were mostly jobbers, there was a sentence some chapters ago mentioned their nen mastery was below of the Hunter Association.

Sometimes I feel like the only person that felt bad for Pitou during that scene. Yeah she done some fucked up shit, but I felt no animosity towards her...he...it? Granted if Togashi didn't allow you to spend time with the characters and evolve them then yeah, fuck Pitou up, but the characters ended up being fleshed out too well.
After watching it over and over, yeah, I did feel sorry for her. The moment Gon started bashing her head in over and over, I went from, "Damn, Gon looks powerful as fuck! Whup her ass!" to "Gon! Just STOP!".

I feel for Killua the most though. Shit was heartbreaking.

After watching it over and over, yeah, I did feel sorry for her. The moment Gon started bashing her head in over and over, I went from, "Damn, Gon looks powerful as fuck! Whup her ass!" to "Gon! Just STOP!".

I feel for Killua the most though. Shit was heartbreaking.
Killua essentially watched his friend commit suicide. That shit was just rough.

Killua essentially watched his friend commit suicide. That shit was just rough.
Especially once you consider how much Gon means to Killua. All Killua had was his fucked family and Gon was able to connect with him on a level no one else had.

I'm interested in seeing how Killua is doing now. He was feeling down when he left Gon.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's out.
They finally find a cockroach to control. Bill pretends it's his Nen ability to avoid suspicion, but the guy sent by First Price has been using En all the time

Unless the dolphin is hidden by In he'd be able to see it anyway, besides En is just for sensing what goes on within the perimeter. I'm not sure it'd allow him to tell who exactly used a Nen ability.

Euphony

Banned
Especially once you consider how much Gon means to Killua. All Killua had was his fucked family and Gon was able to connect with him on a level no one else had.

I'm interested in seeing how Killua is doing now. He was feeling down when he left Gon.

I think that, even though he probably feels sad to be away from his one and only friend, he has a higher purpose now, to take care of his sister and make sure she grows up away from the rest of the family.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think that, even though he probably feels sad to be away from his one and only friend, he has a higher purpose now, to take care of his sister and make sure she grows up away from the rest of the family.

Yea, he's grown up quite a bit over the course of the series. I'm more interested in seeing how Gon is doing exactly. Mito has been keeping him busy with paperwork, but that's only going to last for so long.

Euphony

Banned
Yea, he's grown up quite a bit over the course of the series. I'm more interested in seeing how Gon is doing exactly. Mito has been keeping him busy with paperwork, but that's only going to last for so long.

It's something that was discussed in this thread, but I imagine Gon trying to regain his control of Nen,this time the slow and hard way. It's the one thing that I thought of that Gon was certain to do after his dad told him that he still had an aura.

Top Bottom