• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's something that was discussed in this thread, but I imagine Gon trying to regain his control of Nen,this time the slow and hard way. It's the one thing that I thought of that Gon was certain to do after his dad told him that he still had an aura.

If that's the way it's going there's probably going to be a timeskip at some point before we see him again.

I'm interested in why Gon would 'lose' his nen.

You would think it would be gone after he went crazy, but Gin did point out he had his nen after that.

I'm kind of hoping he has to start over and somehow has a totally different Nen type or abilities.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

You would think it would be gone after he went crazy, but Gin did point out he had his nen after that.

I'm kind of hoping he has to start over and somehow has a totally different Nen type or abilities.

Well Killua's wish in of itself could have effects on that. It sounds like Gon basically got the reset button hit. He's still Gon but he's basically reverted to a state before all the shit went down in the Chimera Ant arc.

Well Killua's wish in of itself could have effects on that. It sounds like Gon basically got the reset button hit. He's still Gon but he's basically reverted to a state before all the shit went down in the Chimera Ant arc.

That what I was thinking but it didn't make sense that his nen was there afterwards and then seemingly vanished.

I do think this has to do with Alluka's wish and likely something to with the co-dependence they mention every time the AI creature comes up.

Ging said he had his aura, but I'm pretty sure everyone has an aura. Nen is the act of manipulating one's aura, which Gon can no longer do (he can't see his aura anymore, which is why he asked Ging if he still had one).

After all, if only Nen users had auras, then parasitic Nen Beasts that consume aura to survive couldn't have normal human hosts.

Especially once you consider how much Gon means to Killua. All Killua had was his fucked family and Gon was able to connect with him on a level no one else had.

I'm interested in seeing how Killua is doing now. He was feeling down when he left Gon.
Gon is borderline Killua's family outside of Alluka. Killua might have grown up with them but I kind of doubt he loves them. I can only really see him having positive feelings towards Silva, Alluka and Zeno.

caliph95

Gon is borderline Killua's family outside of Alluka. Killua might have grown up with them but I kind of doubt he loves them. I can only really see him having positive feelings towards Silva, Alluka and Zeno.
I imagine it's mixed with Silva but Zeno was probably the cool grandpa only on the case he seems like a chill dude as long as you are not his target
Though I'm not sure how he feels about how Silva runs the family and probably trained Silva the same as Killua and we don't know how he felt about Alluka

HStallion

I'm guessing Killua is cool with his dad just for letting him go live his own life and be with his friends. Then again Silva is probably many times the father that Ging ever was.

caliph95

I'm guessing Killua is cool with his dad just for letting him go live his own life and be with his friends. Then again Silva is probably many times the father that Ging ever was.
Silva cares about his family at least in the Zoldyk way, he's just an assassin version of the movie cliche of conservative father who wants he his some to run the family business because traditional

Well besides Alluka who tbf is dangerous doesn't justify not treating like human

HStallion

Silva cares about his family at least in the Zoldyk way, he's just an assassin version of the movie cliche of conservative father who wants he his some to run the family business because traditional

Well besides Alluka who tbf is dangerous doesn't justify not treating like human

That was to give us one of the best moments in the series. Killua sending Something away then realizing how much he fucked up and the ensuing apology was probably one of the best parts in anime/manga. When they finally hug and everyone starts crying, it was hard not to get emotional along with everyone else.

I imagine it's mixed with Silva but Zeno was probably the cool grandpa only on the case he seems like a chill dude as long as you are not his target
Though I'm not sure how he feels about how Silva runs the family and probably trained Silva the same as Killua and we don't know how he felt about Alluka
The dude with a dragon attack oddly enough seems like the only sane one in that family. The mom is bat shit, I even like Kalluto, fuck Otaku Zoldyck though.
Silva take care of his kids. Ging...even if he sent a child support check that shit would bounce.

caliph95

The dude with a dragon attack oddly enough seems like the only sane one in that family. The mom is bat shit, I even like Kalluto, fuck Otaku Zoldyck though.
We hate otaku because he's us

In seriousness same is relative even Silva is kinda sanes relative even Silva is kinda sane

I re read the Chrollo fight and its aftermath.

In one of the scenes Hisoka cleary says that he cannot form Nen around his hand any longer due to the damage, but after the fight he can reshape everything with aura and seemingly maintain its shape with Ten at virtually no cost around the damaged parts.

So Hisoka's rubber nen increased in strength because he was dead once and that strength persists even after his resurrection?

Euphony

Banned

In one of the scenes Hisoka cleary says that he cannot form Nen around his hand any longer due to the damage, but after the fight he can reshape everything with aura and seemingly maintain its shape with Ten at virtually no cost around the damaged parts.

So Hisoka's rubber nen increased in strength because he was dead once and that strength persists even after his resurrection?

Hmm part of me doubts this because of how he phrased last command/vow. Right before he died he asked his Nen to come back to life and resuscitate him without mentioning anything about strength.

However if Nen does inherently gain strength after the user dies, then I think it would fit in quite well with what we know about Nen. Nen is all about risks and rewards based on limitations, vows, contracts etc. If someone were to make a contract for their Nen to do something after death, I feel like the Nen would remain stronger even if the user is resurrected because the contract was fulfilled. Maybe in the case of Hisoka it's that, unless his brain, lungs, and heart are destroyed, his Nen is always going to be able to resuscitate him back to life.

Unrelated to your question at hand, but I love how this usage kinda retroactively answers why Hisoka was able to nonchalantly bite and tear off part of his severed arm's skin (manga version only) during his fight with Kastro. The whole time, he could always repair it!

EDIT: Btw incoming break after 367's released. Will continue the week after

Philippo

Unrelated to your question at hand, but I love how this usage kinda retroactively answers why Hisoka was able to nonchalantly bite and tear off part of his severed arm's skin (manga version only) during his fight with Kastro. The whole time, he could always repair it!

And so it begins...
He probably needs time for DQXI.

Is that a break related to Shonen Jump itself, or only to HxH?

Silva take care of his kids. Ging...even if he sent a child support check that shit would bounce.

Bounce? Ging's been handing out Zenjamin's like it was going out of style. He gave a dozen people enough money to make any of them speechless.

What chapter is that fight?

Bounce? Ging's been handing out Zenjamin's like it was going out of style. He gave a dozen people enough money to make any of them speechless.
But none of them are his kids, unless Kite's actually one of his bastards. Oh yeah didn't he fund Greed Island? I guess he just looks broke. Then again it'd probably be in character for him to send his family a check linked to a false empty bank account.

One of the few things I dislike about Ging. It's pretty silly that a guy who lives the life of a vagrant is also Bruce Wayne levels of rich for no apparent reason.

Though, I guess we have scrappy high school dropout billionaire entrepreneurs in this world as well...

One of the few things I dislike about Ging. It's pretty silly that a guy who lives the life of a vagrant is also Bruce Wayne levels of rich for no apparent reason.

Though, I guess we have scrappy high school dropout billionaire entrepreneurs in this world as well...

Aren't hunters given an unlimited amount of credit? They could easily create businesses if they wanted. And others make money in the black market and finding treasures

Euphony

Banned
Aren't hunters given an unlimited amount of credit? They could easily create businesses if they wanted. And others make money in the black market and finding treasures

Unlimited? No. As a hunter you're given free access to most public services and the ability to go places a regular citizen can't. It's because of the benefits of the license, and of course Nen abilities, that hunters make up a big chunk of the richest people in the world, but they still have to work for the money. Hunters can still sell their licenses if they have no interest in hunting as it would give them enough money for their family to live an easy life for generations.

What chapter is that fight?

End of chapter 52 through to 55

You'll also see that, instead of Machi, it is the narrator who goes over how Hisoka won the scuffle

2SeMLEC.gif

Philippo

End of chapter 52 through to 55

You'll also see that, instead of Machi, it is the narrator who goes over how Hisoka won the scuffle

2SeMLEC.gif

I actually had quite the crush on Machi, i don't know if its for her attitude or the nen power reminding me of some kinky stuff (possibly both).

Euphony

Banned
Maybe HxH really is a parallel Jojo universe hence the non consistent colors...

At least JoJo has the benefit of there being adaptations outside of the main manga which help with consistency though. There's of course the colored manga, even though that's not done by Araki himself, but also games and anime. Eventually colors just standardized.

Top Bottom