• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: new info from Famitsu [Up: Famitsu preview]

I've finally figured out what character this game is missing, playable Kaepora Gaebora.
Musou attack is the "would you like to hear what I said again?" text box falling from the sky and crushing all that's below it multiple times since everyone always says "yes" when they're mashing away, a Warriors staple in some respects.

260px-Tingle_The_Wind_Waker_HD.png

If they're just going to throw random people in this. Then Tingle is missing.

Longsword

Are villains typically playable in Musou games? Almost all the playable Zelda characters I'd like to see are villains. (Beast Ganon, Skull Kid / Majora, Zant, Ghirahim)

Dynasty Warriors tend to offer heroes, villains and side characters as playable characters. Let's see if Hyrule Warriors follows the suit.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I really want a Dynasty Warrior Characters in this too..Preferably.. Lu Bu?

One of the Treehouse dudes sort of "asked" that to one of the producers, phrasing it as "who's stronger...Ganon or Lu Bu?", and the answer made it seem like that won't be happening unfortunately.

I'm going to randomly call another Hyrule Warrior it'd be fun to see: Medli!

250px-Medli_The_Wind_Waker_HD.png

The idea of being able to do bombing runs from the air is too cool to pass up :p
Also, in co-op being able to carry your friend for a little bit while flying would be fun :D

Agitha? hahahah!
I remember being upset that this wasn't a Fire Emblem Musou when it was first revealed but with every piece of media and information that we get, I'm glad this is a Zelda game.
still want that Fire Emblem Musou tho...

TreIII

One of the Treehouse dudes sort of "asked" that to one of the producers, phrasing it as "who's stronger...Ganon or Lu Bu?", and the answer made it seem like that won't be happening unfortunately.

I honestly have no problem with it. Lu Bu or any of the other DW characters didn't make it into any of the other franchise Musou games, so Zelda Musou should be no different.

At best, we may be able to get costume DLC. More than likely, they'll find some way to get Zelda or one of the other ladies into Wang Yuanji's dress...just like they did in OPPW2!

Dr. Buni

Agitha? hahahah!
I remember being upset that this wasn't a Fire Emblem Musou when it was first revealed but with every piece of media and information that we get, I'm glad this is a Zelda game.
still want that Fire Emblem Musou tho...
How about a Pokémon Musou

mindsale

Would love to have Vaati, Groose, Skeletal Stalfos Link, Tingle, Ravio, Aghanim, Ganon/dorf, Ghirahim, Linebeck, Tetra, Young Link, Skull Kid, the rest of the Ocarina sages... All playable and stylized Twilight Princess style.

SkyOdin

I was actually considering the possibility that they would give Link the Bug-catching net as one of his weapons (considering he probably has more than two and I was drawing a blank on anything else), but it appears they decided to give that fighting style to someone other than Link instead. I guess if you want to use bugs in a combat style, Agitha is as good of a choice as any.

But this certainly means that anything and everything Zelda is now on the table as a playable character.

mindsale

I'm expecting zero handheld Zelda references for this to be honest. Outside ALBW and LA, the handheld games aren't as well liked as the console installments.

And Agitha's the people's champion? I'd hope some handheld entrants would have priority to a ten-year old shopkeep. /shrug

McNum

Well this is one of those things I didn't knew I wanted until it was suggested. Much like this entire game, really. Agitha. I can totally see her being an insect summoner, which in a sea of enemies might just be one of the most horrible things ever.

I wonder who else is in... This does pretty much open the door to nearly anyone.

Kouriozan

In Warriors Orochi (3), literally everyone is playable (minus the huge Hydra of course), even the monster captains Gyüki and Dodomeki, the final boss and true fnal boss, so I would be shocked if Ganondorf/Cia/etc won't be playable.

emb

As long as we're thinking of ridiculous and seemingly random characters for this game, I might as well. I kinda felt like being reminded of some old Zelda games anyway. So here's an attempt at a most over the top scenario roster [possible SPOILERS in list]:

-LoZ-
Link, Zelda, Ganon, Old Man (the hint guy), Darknut, Wizzrobe, Stalfos

-LoZ 2-
Dark Link, Horsehead, Error

-LttP-
Agahnim, Sahasrala, Link's Uncle, Blind the Thief

-LA-
The Shop Keeper,Marin

-OoT-
Sheik, Impa, Ganondorf, Rauru, Saria, Darunia, Ruto, Nabooru, Malon, Mido, Running Man, Dampe, Phantom Ganon, Twinrova, Iron Knuckle

-MM-
Fierce Diety Link!, Goron Link, Deku Link, Zora Link, Skull Kid, Odolwa, Mask Salesman, Tingle, King of Ikana, Zubora and Gabora

-Oracles-
Farore, Din, Nayru, Onox, Veran, Ralph, Ricky, Dimitri, Moosh, Maple, Subrosian, Pippin

-WW-
Tetra, King of Hyrule, Niko, WW Ganondorf, Medli, Makar

-Minish Cap-
Vaati (in Wizard form), Swiftblade

-TP-
Zant, Midna, Agitha apparently, Ashei, Rusl, Darbus or Dangoro, Purlo, Colin, Hero's Shade

-Phantom Hourglass-
Linebeck, Jolene

-Spirit Tracks-
Byrne, Cole, Phantom possessed by Zelda?

-SS-
Ghirahim, Groose, Fi, Demise, Koloktos, Scervo, Batreaux

-LBW-
Ravio, Hilda, Yuga, Gramps

That's just everyone I can possibly imagine... but honestly, my memory of several of the games is pretty fuzzy at this point. My (slightly) more grounded hopes for a roster:

Link, Zelda, Ganon, Dark Link, Agahnim, Sheik, Impa, Ganondorf, Rauru (with Kaepora transformation <.<), Saria, Darunia, Nabooru, Phantom Ganon, Twinrova, Fierce Diety Link, Goron Link, Deku Link, Zora Link (Those four maybe as one character that can transform?), Skull Kid, Mask Salesman, Tingle, Onox, Veran, Ralph, Tetra, King of Hyrule, Medli, Makar, Vaati, Zant, Midna, Agitha, Ashei, Hero's Shade, Linebeck, Byrne, Ghirahim, Groose, Fi, Demise, Ravio, Yuga

Ok, that's still too optimistic though. Prediction for final roster:

Link, Zelda, Ganon, Dark Link, Agahnim, Sheik, Impa, Ganondorf, Fierce Diety Link, Skull Kid, Tetra, Zant, Midna, Agitha, Hero's Shade, Ghirahim, Groose

The idea of Link with different items is cool though. I'm tired of listing stuff, but I'm guessing there are plenty that could create cool movesets.

Reknoc

In Warriors Orochi (3), literally everyone is playable (minus the huge Hydra of course), even the monster captains Gyüki and Dodomeki, the final boss and true fnal boss, so I would be shocked if Ganondorf/Cia/etc won't be playable.

3 is the important part though, most musou games start with few and eventually end up with many and Orochi's thing is to have a bunch of characters. Again, Pirate Warriors 1 had a tiny roster and was full of unplayable bosses, Kens Rage as well I believer though that might just have been a small roster.

That might not be the case here but it'd still be wise to temper expectations.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I posted THIS on the smash miiverse 7 months ago:
zlCfzRMcXbYDRK5oXB

:p

Oh god though... I was happy when they put Midna in as playable but now Agitha? I... actually have a choice of characters I want to play in a game. This has never happened to me before! What do I do? @.@
you bask

Top Bottom