• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I can't believe this is the actual box art. WORST COVER EVER.

3s8ia.jpg

Derrick01

Banned
As I said in the other thread...now that's artistic integrity!

Gotta sell to that COD audience. They apparently love their black and white cover with 100 logos!

massoluk

Banned
I'm intrigued by the game title "10 out of 10", but I've never heard of this game developer "Game Informer".

lol at the quote "Game of the Year" from noted gaming media Metacritic, and the defunct Game Pro.

You could say that about anything, that's kind of a crazy question.

I just mean it in the sense that the box art is meant to be a form of advertising, especially in this case when it is being geared at people who haven't heard or played much of the game before. Anybody who buys a game by the time it hits GotY or Greatest Hits status probably doesn't care that much about having quotes and adverts on the box art. I don't find it that over the top.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
why do you guys get so offended by box art? Most people (especially the ones GotY releases are targeting) don't give a shit about how it looks. Most of their box arts are probably paper sleeves from Gamestop.

I get offended for like a second. I do enjoy seeing new stuff and critiquing the design choices, but I'm well aware it doesn't mean jack shit in the long run. I'll buy greatest hits editions and not care how the color of the stripe on the top affects how my shelf looks. barf to those people.

nowai

That bonus content must be crazy powerful. Not only did it punch through the cover art, it also smacked Bats in the mouth.

Mr_Zombie

It's funny how the game's real logo/title looks like another sticker, pushed there on the right, just between the "10 out of 10" quote and "Bonus content" splash :lol

I wonder how will the PS3 cover look like. It's a good thing the game doesn't support Move.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I think i'm a wizard. Before i clicked this thread i already knew which game will pop up on the OP.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
PS3 version was highest rated, but the 360 one was third for it's system, behind Skyrim and Portal 2.
Shrug. Metacritic still proclaimed it their GOTY regardless. While they mention its the PS3 version they don't really specify that the 360 version doesn't count or anything. I don't think anyone is going to take them to task for including it on the 360 version too. Especially since that is far from the worst problem with this boxart. Uggh

Goldrusher

Well, you need SOME incentive to buy the original release.

What else is there ?

GOTY editions are cheaper and have more content.

Olaeh

You would think a superior cover to the original would be a better ploy. I think it would cause many to double dip. What they've got here is ugly. If they removed all the red text and batman logo on the right, it would be much nicer.

I haven't played the game, but I will say that a good game stands on its own legs, not because X site or person said so. If I were the publisher putting out a box cover/art, I'd never put any review quotes on the front because a good quality product will sell itself.

That's just my own strange notion though. ;p

Top Bottom