• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'I really regret my vote now': The Brexit voters who wish they'd voted to remain

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Between Australia's musical chair act to pick their leader, the United States choosing Trump as the Republican nominee and England voting to shoot themselves in the foot, I gotta say Canada has got a lock on the award for the Smartest Country in the Anglosphere this year. Our competition is basically New Zealand and the various countries that make up the Carribean now. Feels good man.
And why do you auto win vs NZ?! NZ is not silly, all of the silliness falls off over Aussie leaving only goo decisions by the time it gets to NZ.

John key is a bit of a dong, a harmless one though

So, can you list ONE of these well-thought out, sane, objective reasons? I literally have not found ONE. So please, elaborate on this "good reason" that you claim so many people had. If not, then I have no problem categorizing them as the above.

Sure.

My co-worker's partner is a builder who has to compete with Eastern Europeans that are able to severely undercut his prices. By having several people share rent and expenses, they are able to earn money and send it off home to their families who need it most.

This is perfectly understandable and she -- the daughter of Irish immigrants -- accepts that she'd do the same if the roles were reversed, but having just had a baby with her partner, it has impacted how much income they get as a family themselves. She works weekends just to earn a bit more to support her child and partner so it's already impacting her quality of life.

They don't hold grudges against East Europeans - by all accounts, they are just as good as anybody at construction. But it begs the question as to how long families such as hers have to support other families in Poland/Romania by forfeiting work. On that basis, she voted Leave.

Honey Bunny

Crossposting

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/746808977908994048
Britain Elects
‏@britainelects

On the EU referendum result:
Happy: 48%
Unhappy: 43%
Indifferent: 7%
(via ComRes)

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/746820394217259008

Britain Elects
‏@britainelects

Vote split // On the #EUref result (Remain / Leave):
Happy: 4% / 92%
Unhappy: 88% / 1%
Indifferent: 7% / 5%
(via ComRes)

Shut it down

Sure.

My co-worker's partner is a builder who has to compete with Eastern Europeans that are able to severely undercut his prices. By having several people share rent and expenses, they are able to earn money and send it off home to their families who need it most.

This is perfectly understandable and she -- the daughter of Irish immigrants -- accepts that she'd do the same if the roles were reversed, but having just had a baby with her partner, it has impacted how much income they get as a family themselves. She works weekends just to earn a bit more to support her child and partner so it's already impacting her quality of life.

They don't hold grudges against East Europeans - by all accounts, they are just as good as anybody at construction. But it begs the question as to how long families such as hers have to support other families in Poland/Romania by forfeiting work. On that basis, she voted Leave.

He's clearly racist.

Alienfan

And why do you auto win vs NZ?! NZ is not silly, all of the silliness falls off over Aussie leaving only goo decisions by the time it gets to NZ.

John key is a bit of a dong, a harmless one though

I love politics in NZ. Like we never really worry too much about who gets in, as the two biggest parties are pretty much progressive/Liberal and the third is an environmental protection party (collectively making up over 85% of parliament) - sure silly decisions are made sometimes (TPA etc), but they're significantly less harmful than the decisions coming out of these other western countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom