• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 |OT| The World comes Down Under

Status
Not open for further replies.

oipic

Has been bucketing down rain for several hours here in Melbourne - if and when it stops (forecast is for rain and possible thunderstorms 'morning and afternoon'), it'll pose a tricky challenge to the ground staff to get things in order (although the drainage at the MCG is pretty good, admittedly).

Days like this are rare this time of year, even for Melbourne and its wacky weather patterns, so it's really unfortunate that it had to hit today, of all days.

I woke up so excited for some cricket today. :/

nz on fire so far
The on screen graphics, with the shitty scoreboard in the corner and the giant player heads along the bottom. They're distracting and intrusive and look like the cameraman's 8 year old kid drew them with crayons

yeah they defo need to make them a lot smaller or not show them. hardly vital information anyway

I don't think that's why. The reaction to those knockouts was to make sure to never have 4 team group format again.

My guess is they wanted to make the tournament 1 wholesome round robin so all the big teams play each other at least once.

Forgot to reply last night but fair point. I'm pretty sure they've tried to cut the number of teams for a while though.

Seriously.

Who thought this was a good idea.

Star Sports and the ICC.

Get rid of the awful banner at the bottom and I could probably deal with the ugly red/blue/yellow scoreboard but right now it's pretty hideous.

Anyway, very happy with our performance so far. Still a long way to go but everything is looking good, so long as the rain stays away.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sri lanka is doing pretty well to peg them back, but NZ has too much firepower and too many wickets left. Still going to be 300+ I think.

Skux

That six catch!

If you aren't aware, in NZ there's a promotion, if you catch a six one handed on the full while wearing one of those orange shirts, you win a part of $250,000 (depending on how many others catch them). If NZ wins the cup, the prize pool is $1 million.

Antiwhippy

Jesus, Kane is in god mode for the past few weeks.

Am I seeing it wrong or do they have zing stumps for the world cup?

That six catch!

If you aren't aware, in NZ there's a promotion, if you catch a six one handed on the full while wearing one of those orange shirts, you win $100,000.

It's a bit different this year actually. It's a share of $1 million between anyone that gets one. So if he's the only one that catches one, he gets the full $1 million. If 10 people catch one then it's $100k each.

And now Williamson's out right when he started looking comfortable.

This is some turnaround. Why is the guy running the replay only going to the point where the bail starts lighting up? Bail needs to be totally dislodged and the third umpire isn't even going that far

Dunbar

I barely know anything about it, but cricket is so relaxing to watch when compared to other sports. I can put it up on my 2nd screen and glance over occasionally to see a catch or 6 run hit, and I don't feel like I'm missing much. But I can also sit and watch longer stretches and get a better feel for what is happening in the match.

Antiwhippy

Completely I believe.

As far as gimmicks go they are one of the few really useful ones to emerge out of T20.

Also man malinga really fell off.

B.O.O.M

Completely I believe.

As far as gimmicks go they are one of the few really useful ones to emerge out of T20.

Also man malinga really fell off.

Surgery and about 4-5 months of not playing can do that to you. Ideally he would have recovered enough to play a few games during the NZ series. Hopefully he will find his regular form as the tournament goes on..thankfully round one is loooong

Antiwhippy

Players like him and Thisara are so exciting to watch towards the end because of this. Even a mishit could go for a six easily

Mitch marsh and chris lynn occupy the same role in australia.

They just hit the ball so goddamn hard. Comes off the bat like a bullet.

scotcheggz

I barely know anything about it, but cricket is so relaxing to watch when compared to other sports. I can put it up on my 2nd screen and glance over occasionally to see a catch or 6 run hit, and I don't feel like I'm missing much. But I can also sit and watch longer stretches and get a better feel for what is happening in the match.

And that's the very beauty of it there! Try going to a 4 day domestic match, I'm a sussex member and love going to the 4 day games. Get breakfast in the pavilion, grab a book and a flask of tea and sit outside all day occasionally following the game. Great days out.

Anyway I hope this weather talk is getting more positive. Eng vs Aus starts at 3am here, cannot be dicking about with a delayed start! wtf Australia, I thought your summers were blazing sunshine 24/7??

Antiwhippy

You know I'm not familiar with this Chris Lynn fella..is he new?

Just started out in the international T20 team, but he's a very promising youngster with a bright future ahead. Got a 250 in first class recently.

Also the hardest hitter of the ball I know of.

Goddamn at anderson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom