• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm at a Japanese wedding and see this....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satch

Banned
MiiGro? Hahahaha

442.jpg

Is that refrence to big dicks or Koteka's?

I saw this documentary one day where two white dudes were out at this tribe that used these, so of course the white dudes had to have some too. They gave one of them this huge koteka that even like curled around itself, just knew there was something in that thing. Then they show the other camera dude and they just gave him the tiniest one possible, felt really sorry for him.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I saw this documentary one day where two white dudes were out at this tribe that used these, so of course the white dudes had to have some too. They gave one of them this huge koteka that even like curled around itself, just knew there was something in that thing. Then they show the other camera dude and they just gave him the tiniest one possible, felt really sorry for him.

What was the name of the documentary?

Just what exactly was the context where this was supposed to fit into the wedding ceremony exactly? What on earth was the lead in to this situation?

In Japan, friends of the groom (or maybe bride, too) will perform skits or sing/dance/do other fun, silly stuff at the wedding reception for entertainment. Apparently what OP saw was one such skit. Why these guys went full blackface, I have no damn clue. The sad thing is that no Japanese person in the room probably didn't even perceive this as racist.

Ratrat

please please the suspense is killing me

how the fuck DOES this relate to the wedding!?
Ok, I THINK that it's pretty normal for weddings to have shows of this nature, like guys cross-dressing and dancing to pop music on stage. I suppose it's mainly friends colleagues trying be funny. Never seen anything like this but yeah, it's stupid.

In Japan, friends of the groom (or maybe bride, too) will perform skits or sing/dance/do other fun, silly stuff at the wedding reception for entertainment. Apparently what OP saw was one such skit. Why these guys went full blackface, I have no damn clue. The sad thing is that no Japanese person in the room probably didn't even perceive this as racist.

Well yeah. Japan never had blackface. Why would they know what it was? Ignorant and offensive? Definitely. Racist or hateful intent? I doubt it.

uuuh, maybe its just me but those look like they are supposed to be parodying New Guinean or Australian Aboriginal people, not African Americans.

Amir0x

Banned
there have got to be some Japanese neoGAFers who can explain this shit to us. why... why in god's name lol

edit: just a random skit? Aw, that's not as interesting

there have got to be some Japanese neoGAFers who can explain this shit to us. why... why in god's name lol

Explained, sort of:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom