• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS/tvOS Gaming November 2015 | Out of your pocket, into your living room

knc6Cpl.png

bLMkKSy.png

Each month, the iOS GAF community hosts a thread for new game releases, rumors and discussion that define the fast-moving world of iOS gaming.

The OP will contain recommended games that released during the previous month. All the games listed will have been highlighted by the GAF community in one way or another. This way you can keep tabs on the best games and at the same time curate an excellent resource to look back on to find games you may have missed.

If you're a developer who wishes to have your game featured, please talk about your game in the thread and if the GAF community at large likes the game then your wish just might be granted. Please note that there's a difference between posting about a game you made and just advertising your game with no further interaction with the community, this thread is not for the latter and such advertising behavior is frowned upon.

Directory
1) Introduction & Recommended Games
2) Recommended Games continued
3) Upcoming Releases, Past Threads & Other Links

c9l3j0f.jpg

MYOJK8D.jpg

Site | Trailer | App Store
Lumino City is a BAFTA award-winning handmade puzzle adventure game. By exploring the city, and using your ingenuity piece together all sorts of puzzling mechanisms to help the people who live in its unique world. Discover gardens in the sky, towers marooned high on an immense waterwheel, and houses dug precariously into cliffs. To create the environment, a ten foot high model city was built by hand and by laser cutter, with each motor and light wired up individually, bringing the scenes to luminous life.
WqV1A1c.jpg
GjFeBnF.jpg
SVAPhoY.jpg

So, this is a fucking beautiful little game.

I find myself only playing it in 5 minute chunks, because I don't want to finish it too soon!
As far as actual "handcrafted" games go (as if there were more than a handful of those out there anyway), this one's really, really nicely done.

If you enjoy games where you can - as cliché as that sounds - really feel the love and hard work they put into the production and creation of these assets, this is the way to go.

The website also has some cool behind the scenes stuff if you're interested. Also, special shoutout to one of the coolest hint systems ever.
Tried this last night on my iPad. Presentation is ridiculously good. I dig it so far.
The visuals for this game are amazing, I'm having fun just looking at the pieces of each setting. Props to the camera guys who pulled off the motion capture.

6yY256G.jpg

Five Card Quest is a tactical role playing game designed to offer lots of challenge and replay value, while also being easy to control with one thumb. There are five cards in your hand, and every card you play is a different move for your team of heroes to carry out.
Dungeons and battles are randomly generated, making every game different. Create a party of adventurers out of 5 different character classes, each with their own strengths. Plan out your moves in a game about decisive turn-based combat and working out strategies around uncertainty.

desert.png
temple.png
SVAPhoY.jpg

It's really good. The card game descriptions from the devs and App page probably give the wrong impressions. It's a turn-based RPG dungeon crawler. You select two warriors from five classes, plus a perk, then travel room-by-room through several maps. There might be a healing fountain, or a merchant, or a new hero. But more often, you encounter enemies

Combat is pretty interesting. It's lane-based, your party spread across three lanes, as enemies approach with each turn and attack when they get close enough. Each turn, you get a random selection of five attacks and abilities from your combined pool of class skills. These attacks can do things like slow an approaching enemy, switch lanes, knock an enemy back, buff stats or poison foes, parry an impeding blow, and much more

You can also purchase items from merchants to expand your tactical options

It's really fun, and has a cool Nightmare Cooperative-esque art style
Yeah Five Card Quest is difficult but it's manageable. A really slow paced and contemplative game. Your initial heroes are really important. I'm sure some combinations are easier than others. I'm really enjoying it. Am close to the end of the second floor this play through (only my second!). My first was a disaster, hah.

k8ym58G.jpg

Please, Don’t Touch Anything is a cryptic, brain-racking game about bathroom breaks, screwdrivers and nuclear explosions.
Covering for a colleague taking a bathroom break, you find yourself in front of a mysterious panel which only component is a red button. And since you’ve clearly been instructed not to touch anything, the only thing you want to do now is pushing the damn button.
Push it and expect to be held liable for any unintended aftermath. And there will be many.

screen520x924.jpeg
screen520x924.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

Guys, if you like cryptic tactile puzzle games and stuff like The Room, you need to check out Please, Don’t Touch Anything
Absolutely everyone needs to play Please, Don't Touch Anything

bbNzDIw.jpg

One night an old man found a mysterious mask; a key to a world hidden on the other side of the rain. It was destined for a hero, a champion, a saviour, but the old man was just a beggar.
Uncover the secrets held within the mask as you journey through strange and beautiful lands wielding god like powers over the world around you and discover the truth behind who The Beggar really is!
The Beggar’s Ride is a unique and innovative Platform Puzzle Adventure Game where the player can manipulate the environment to solve puzzles in a deep and intriguing story of discovery.

screen640x640.jpeg
screen640x640.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

I haven't played much, but Beggar's Ride is a really charming puzzle platformer. I've heard it isn't long but screams of polish and heart.
Close to finishing The Beggar's Ride and highly recommend it. It's got some really nice twists on the puzzle platformer with changing mechanics and "powers" and is just a joy to play. The puzzles aren't excruciatingly difficult, but take a bit of thinking until it clicks when that "why didn't I see it that way" light bulb comes on.

The game deserves some love.

5KNUD8Q.jpg

Battle dozens of enemies at once with an easy-to-learn, difficult-to-master combat system, take on a variety of quests from friendly villagers, discover ancient secrets and powerful upgrades hidden throughout the massive, open world, and uncover the story of an ancient civilization on the brink of extinction as you fight to uncover your own past.
screen520x924.jpeg
screen520x924.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

I have to say, I'm really impressed with Dust's controls. A game like this could be a disaster on touch. The only games that have really attempted that kind of combat are Implosion and Ghost Blade, but I'd say this is more impressive because it's adapting a control scheme that was originally made for a gamepad

The touch controls are simple and elegant. Left side to move and dash-dodge, right side for a quartet of buttons that let you jump and string together myriad combos. It may sound crowded but it's not
Controls work well but the game is definitely not native 1080p. Not much of a surprise there, as it isn't on the PS4 either. Still a lot of fun to play.

hnCyjbo.jpg

Experience the true power in Battle Supremacy: EVOLUTION, a sci-fi transforming vehicles game with thrilling gameplay and showoff-worthy visuals.
Act as a tank, a drone or an airplane, Battle it out in this riveting game, packed with lush landscapes and destructible environments. Drive or fly through futuristic cities with suspended highways and gigantic bridges.

screen640x640.jpeg
screen640x640.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

Battle Supremacy seems like a better choice if you have a newer device and a controller. On a Mini 2, graphics don't look as good as the trailer/screenshots, plus there are some framerate issues. The controls for the tank and drone forms feel too loose IMO. The jet controls are pretty good though

On the flip side, the maps are impressively large and seamlessly switching vehicle forms is very cool
Starting to get used to the controls for BS: Evolution, even if I don't understand why they changed them. And for whatever reason, the game's framerate has improved the more I play it with barely any noticible dips.

Really growing on me and also like that, especially ground battles, are faster and more hectic.

It could use some tweaks but still think it's another winner from Atypical Games.

aKMB4O5.jpg

Beneath The Lighthouse is a serene puzzle action game about a boy in search of his lost Grandpa. Your journey will take you through mysterious mechanical wheels that lay beneath the lighthouse!
screen322x572.jpeg
screen322x572.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

Beneath the Lighthouse could be the best rotating platform around... the way they handle the rotation is genius and the IAP to convert it to premium is a nice touch. Add FEZ visuals and sounds and = Lovely.

Epyfj4l.jpg

Looking to push the boundaries of mobile gaming to another level, Dead Effect 2 is a console-quality action sci-fi shooter with RPG elements. Follow the enticing storyline, train and develop your character, collect and upgrade weapons, gear and high-tech body implants.
screen640x640.jpeg
dead-effect-2.jpg
SVAPhoY.jpg

Dead Effect 2 is stunning. Easily one of the best looking games on iOS with great gameplay and an FPS/RPG mix with lots of loot. Definitely will have no problem giving some cash to IAPs to these devs.

ptNpBVM.jpg

Play over 30 levels and continually evolve, as your powers and abilities increase throughout the game. Harness your powers of time shifting, telekinesis and time manipulation to survive. But, it will take real skill to escape where you are being held hostage and save your sister.
ColorfulDrearyHermitcrab.gif
screen520x924.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

Picked up Heroes. It's pretty good. The levels are kind of short, but the difficulty starts increasing around levels 8-9. There are 32 levels, I'm up to 17 at the moment after about an hour and change

The controls are quite good, which surprised me. I even like the tap to move control scheme and I usually dislike those in first person games

Seamless switching between time periods is really cool

XhJGBjB.jpg

A man, clinging to life. His two sons, desperate to cure their ailing father, are left with but one option. They must set out upon a journey to find and bring back the "Water of Life" as they come to rely on one another to survive. One must be strong where the other is weak, brave where the other is fearful, they must be... Brothers.
screen520x924.jpeg
screen520x924.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

So regarding Brothers, I'm surprised. It controls quite well. Two v-sticks, touch and hold to do actions

Only gripe is the graphical downgrade. If you can, definitely play it on PC or consoles because the game is absolutely gorgeous and on mobile, the experience is slightly handicapped due to the low-res textures

iJhglw8.jpg

In Between is an atmospheric, award-winning platformer where you solve mind-bending puzzles by manipulating your surroundings and gravity itself.
In Between is set inside the mind of a man hit by a cruel twist of fate. Together you are on a journey through the protagonist's head, a world that doesn’t obey the laws of physics. Free your mind and defy gravity in more than 60 compelling and unique puzzles, requiring all your wits and agility.

screen640x640.jpeg
screen640x640.jpeg

T8FLg1l.jpg

You play as Agent A, you’re mission (should you choose to accept) is to infiltrate the secret hideout of Ruby La Rouge and apprehend or neutralise the target.
Uncover a stylish 60s themed world full of retro futuristic contraptions, hidden gizmos, gadgets and clever logic based puzzles. But do be warned… Ruby La Rouge is no spy to be taken lightly! Explore a labyrinth of perplexing puzzles in this quirky game of cat and mouse that’ll have you wondering whether you’re the cat… or the mouse!!

AgentA_Foyer.png
AgentA_Alarm.png

9YGZ5Tm.jpg

Octodad: Dadliest Catch is a game about destruction, deception, and fatherhood. The player controls Octodad, a dapper octopus masquerading as a human, as he goes about his life. Octodad's existence is a constant struggle, as he must master mundane tasks with his unwieldy boneless tentacles while simultaneously keeping his cephalopodan nature a secret from his human family.
screen640x640.jpeg
screen640x640.jpeg

oYkEIh4.jpg

In Sanitarium you play an amnesiac thrust into a morbid, really creepy universe. After a car accident you wake up to find that instead of lying in a hospital, you’re in an asylum with your head wrapped in bandages. Who the hell am I? What am I doing here? How do I escape? There endless questions eating away at you, and so too are the many puzzles you’ll need to resolve throughout this immersive, captivating adventure.
Featuring a rich, complex plot set in an intense world where a very thin line separates reason from madness, Sanitarium is a masterwork suitable for point-and-click beginners, experts and everyone who enjoys captivating storylines and horror games.

screen640x640.jpeg
screen640x640.jpeg

wcEfO6V.png

A friend of mine has a blog and does regular roundups of iOS releases. http://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/

Lucco - November 5th
Digfender - November 19th
Tiny Rogue - Mid-November
A Good Snowman Is Hard To Build - Late November
A Skyrocket Story
The Light Inside Us
Thumb Drift
Zodiac Orcanon Odyssey - Late November/early December
More releases to be added soon

Apple TV |OT|

R7RWTdh.png
0OYDJh3.png
zX0O2sP.png

ToWBJTD.jpg
LI45U3Y.png

A list of available games, announced games, and controllers

IcBECrt.png

iOS Gaming October 2015 | Just when you thought your TV was safe from mobile games
iOS Gaming September 2015 | GOing back to school with a backlog
iOS Gaming August 2015 | Last chance to play your favorites before iOS9 breaks them
iOS Gaming July 2015 | Apple bans the revolution
iOS Gaming June 2015 | The future is now
iOS Gaming May 2015 | May the Watch be with you
iOS Gaming April 2015 | April sales bring May backlogs
iOS Gaming March 2015 | Beware the IAPs of March
iOS Gaming February 2015 | Under New Management
iOS Gaming December 2014/January 2015

Visit the January 2014 thread for links to December 2013 through November 2012 threads!

aoTNDXB.png
This website keeps track of all the controller enabled games. It gets updated regularly.
3jjyWBt.png
J9WRxM9.jpg
iCade Hardware / Games reviews said:

i4fPlgu.png

svX4yNR.png

5IdwG5T.png

### The Game Center user list is here: quote to see ###
iOS Membership said:
Rules
  • Send Dash Kappei or Tunesmith a PM if you want to be added or taken off the list, following this text formatting: GAF Name = Game Center Name / iOS Device(s)
  • When adding someone, add From GAF to the friend request and your NeoGAF name as to easily tell who's who.
  • Send Dash Kappei or Tunesmith a PM if you are already on the list but want to update your profile with more info like iOS devices(s) owned, or to just change your existing GC profile.
  • We are on the list and, if you are too, it's OK to add us even if we're not best buddies; don't be shy: we enjoy having more GAFers challenging us on the friends leaderboards.
  • Don't just wait for others to add you first you should at least add some of the profiles posted above yours if you want to get the ball rolling... It's really up to you. Ideally the last member of the list will be the one to add the profiles above his, and so on and on with each new member. Or maybe just add whoever you like, that's also an option.
  • Remember: Your real name will be visible to your GC friends.
  • You can add everyone on the list at once; click the second sheet on the iOS Membership list and read the instructions, works on iOS and Macs
JEdp5A3.png

### The form to enter yourself to the list is here: quote to see ###

uPJJtiw.png
How do I back up my game saves for games that do not support iCloud save games?
iFunBox no longer works on most games post iOS 8.3
Use a file manager program such as i-FunBox (PC/Mac) - It's free and requires no jailbreak. i-FunBox has many different features, but to back up save games you would just want to do the following:
  • Click the iFunBox Classic tab
  • Connect your iOS device, via WiFi or USB, it should then appear in the Connected Devices list on the left side of the UI.
  • Under User Applications, navigate to the game you want to back up save games for.
  • Select the Documents and Library folders and copy them one at a time to your PC/Mac - this will copy the folders and all their contents. They contains your save files and settings for the game. Some games only use Documents, some use both.
To restore a backed up save game do the reverse.
  • Under User Applications, navigate to the game you want to restore save games for.
  • Select the Documents and/or Library folders and choose to copy from PC/Mac.
  • Navigate to where you saved the backed up Documents and/or Library folders on your PC/Mac, open them and select all the files within it and open them. This will copy the folder contents back onto your iOS device.
  • Restart/fully close the game itself and your saves should be back!
Check that the file structure of the game is retained, e.g. GameName > Documents > files after you're done (no Documents folder within the Documents folder!), otherwise the game will not recognize your restored saves!
How do I hide my Real Name on Game Center?
Your real first and last name (taken from your Apple ID) will be shown to your GC friends. If you value that information and want GAF's leaderboards to show your GAF nickname instead, here's how you do it:
  • Go to http://appleid.apple.com and log in with your Apple ID details via "Manage your Apple ID".
  • In the "Name, ID and Email Addresses" section, click Edit on the Your Name field at the top.
  • Change you First and Last name (you must enter both) to whatever you like (e.g. First Name: Tunesmith, Last Name: GAF)
Done, now that's who you're going to be listed as on your friend's Game Center leaderboards. This will affect Game Center *and* your Apple ID. If it's the same account you use for App Store/iTunes, you will still be able to use it for iTunes/App Store's purchases (you can still buy whatever you want like you could before) *BUT* in the receipt it'll show your nickname or whatever you chose as First Name and Last Name when you changed those fields. The first time you will use the modified account on App Store/iTunes, you will be asked to verify the account by re-entering the 3 digits code of the credit card's CCV security code (if you make your purchases using a credit card).
Should I buy this new high-priced game or wait for a sale?
Maybe! Just be aware that iOS games have a tendency to go on sale frequently and unpredictably, even recent games can be a dollar rather than premium $4-5. Spend your pack of gum money wisely. As a recommendation, set up a RSS feed for the price changes on http://appshopper.com/which will then notify you of any price fluctuations for old and new games alike.
I just got an iPhone/iPad. What are the best games?
In addition to checking out the past month's iOS Gaming threads, visit Why iOS Rocks / iOS Hidden Gems. You're welcome and your wallet will hurt.
For gaming, should I get the iPad Mini 2, or iPad Air?
Both have their pros and cons. The Mini 2 is cheaper and smaller but there is a slight difference between the Air's A7 chip and the mini's A7: the mini's is around 100MHz slower -- 1.3GHz compared to the Air's 1.4GHz. Other than that they're both identical in spec. It's very much a coin toss between if you want a 9.7" or a 7.9" screen.
I'm a new iOS user, what non-gaming apps should I get ASAP?
This thread would be a great place to start. Asking here wouldn't hurt either!

RmHPAM6.png

Genuine thanks to our iOS Gaming community for keeping these monthly threads alive!
Special thanks to Tunesmith for his fantastic thread format and month after month of hard work in maintaining these threads

Awesome OT MB!

Fall is looking to have a great lineup of mobile games.
Not as good as it could have been though since Warbits and Crashlands aren't making it by the end of the year. 😡😡😡

colinp

Banned
I like to skip to page 2, too! My poor OG Mini...

Great roundup as always. I'm still enjoying a Five Card. They released an update yesterday that makes the animations run faster and adds some more detail on your enemies and stuff, it's great. Sounds like they'll be doing more updates in the future, too.

RustyO

It's a hard game (especially the expansions...rated at 'insane') but there is also a easy Ancient one to fight in the base game.
At first it will look impossible or too luck dependent....they it will click and you will be ready for harder adventures.

<< IHaveNoIdeaWhatIAmDoingDog.jpg

Having fun, but yeah, all a bit random for me at the moment lol

PS: Don't write a long post explaining Pitta, its all getting there, just an excuse for why I keep getting my arse kicked. ;)

Haden

Banned
Great first post although my poor mini 2 cannot cope with it lol.

So gonna start up a new subterfuge later today I know manik is interested pitta are you up for it as well?

Yeah, if you're enjoying Five Card Quest, devs said they have at least one major update planned and if the game is well received, they want to make a bigger turn-based game.

Great first post although my poor mini 2 cannot cope with it lol.

So gonna start up a new subterfuge later today I know manik is interested pitta are you up for it as well?
Forgot all about Subterfuge. I'll add it to the OT later

Haden

Banned
New Subterfuge game is up "Neogaf only" try and get in quick as the game automatically start once it hits 8 players.

Holy crap Dead Effect 2 is really good. A good mix of Dead Space and System Shock 2. Amazing FPS controls, runs flawlessly on an iPad Air.

A little derivative and you need to log in to play but boy was that impressive.

awp69

Holy crap Dead Effect 2 is really good. A good mix of Dead Space and System Shock 2. Amazing FPS controls, runs flawlessly on an iPad Air.

A little derivative and you need to log in to play but boy was that impressive.

It is really good and want to throw some money at the developers. Only thing I wish is that it had one currency, making it hard to decide which IAP to get. Want to buy a $5 pack for now and see how it pans out later in terms of balance and any hard paywalls. I'd buy another $5 IAP, just want to see if it's going to be an endless money pit (which I don't think it will). Wish I could get the first $5 that was split between crystals and credits. Be nice if they had some sort of starter pack IAP.

But it looks gorgeous and the gameplay is really fun. I started with the guy with the katana which is awesome, but was not liking the bow for ranged attacks so bought an auto rifle.

pronk420

Anyone playing forgotten forest? It looks cool and I'm looking for good portrait games (any recommends welcome). It hasn't gotten much coverage

pronk420

Decided to get runestone keeper and five card heroes instead and wait and see for reviews with forgotten forest.

Runestone keeper seems like a very nice dungelot style game, i think it was released this Thursday but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere other than touch arcade. Only played it briefly but it seems to have more depth than dungelot.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
http://i.minus.com/i1lHJMJwMFIhf.png

--------

Been playing Agent A. It's pretty solid with plenty of 60's spy humour and style. My only gripe so far is that there is far too much "backing out" of a scene over and over as you move between places and largely backtrack as you uncover more puzzle pieces and fit into stuff that you previously couldn't do anything with. The Room handled scene transitions more elegantly, as it is a large portion of gameplay is you tapping a button in the top left over and over. Still, the game has been enjoyable so far. Does anyone know how long the game is?

nampad

The Steelseries Nimbus looks like the controller of my choice but it is missing a clip to attach your phone. Anyone know if there is a solution?

killercow

I've finished Agent A over the weekend and it was really great! Still too short but if you're looking for a good "The Room" experience before "The Room 3" then you should try it. I'm waiting to see how they'll continue the story now (Free DLC, Paid DLC, New app?)

dock

Are there any Apple TV games that make use of the iPhone/iPad at the same time as the Apple TV, or it is all just remote + TV?

What are the best games on Apple TV at the moment if you're not using an MFi controller?

What are the best games on Apple TV at the moment if you're not using an MFi controller?

None of them :)

well, they all should work but the touchpad is crap as a d-pad. Beat Sports is probably the best as you can just click the pad instead of waggling.

Anilones

It is really good and want to throw some money at the developers. Only thing I wish is that it had one currency, making it hard to decide which IAP to get. Want to buy a $5 pack for now and see how it pans out later in terms of balance and any hard paywalls. I'd buy another $5 IAP, just want to see if it's going to be an endless money pit (which I don't think it will). Wish I could get the first $5 that was split between crystals and credits. Be nice if they had some sort of starter pack IAP.

But it looks gorgeous and the gameplay is really fun. I started with the guy with the katana which is awesome, but was not liking the bow for ranged attacks so bought an auto rifle.

I started this last night after the positive comments, and despite being highly impressive I feel that the gameplay feels very lacking at the moment. Perhaps it's because I've also chosen the katana wielding character and was expecting a more typical FPS, I'll buy a proper weapon and see how it goes.

Come on page two.

Gaaraz

Just to confirm, the Apple gaming is only on the new Apple TV right? I can't install the software onto my 2nd gen Apple TV?

awp69

I started this last night after the positive comments, and despite being highly impressive I feel that the gameplay feels very lacking at the moment. Perhaps it's because I've also chosen the katana wielding character and was expecting a more typical FPS, I'll buy a proper weapon and see how it goes.

Come on page two.

The katana is cool at first but is not good when you run into soldiers. You need a decent ranged weapon and the bow you get with that character is not so hot. So, yeah, when I bought an autorife. It made a difference. Typically try to hit the zombies with my katana unless there's just too many but always pull out my auto rifle for soldier battles.

okno

I mean, the game isn't very demanding at all so it should run on mid-high tier devices but, why? Virtual controls for a game like that? I would prefer if they just made a game from scratch on mobile.

According to the article, it seems like it is going to be made from scratch. It's not a port, but rather a mobile version of the game called T2.

That said, I'm intrigued. Had never heard of this game, but it looks neat.

According to the article, it seems like it is going to be made from scratch. It's not a port, but rather a mobile version of the game called T2.

That said, I'm intrigued. Had never heard of this game, but it looks neat.
Ah yes, reading it again I see that it's not going to be a direct port. That sounds a lot better then.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
heh... the ones that don't support controllers :p Seriously.

Beat Sports
Shadowmatic
Lumino City
Calvino Noir

Beyond that, Rayman Adventures actually controls pretty well.. but obviously playing a platformer with a controller is better (which it actually turns into a full fledged platformer with a MFi controller)

Oh, also Duet is actually really good without a controller.

I've been checking out some free to play games. Soda Dungeon is perfectly fine, especially since you can set it to auto-battle and grind out in-game currency. You could take control of the fighters so they don't spam all of their SP attacks on the early trash mobs or just teleport to later stages.

Final Fantasy Record Keeper hits the nostalgia buttons hard as well.

I'm looking to play some Sentinel Command and maybe finally finish Deathwatch at some point too.

Anyone playing forgotten forest? It looks cool and I'm looking for good portrait games (any recommends welcome). It hasn't gotten much coverage

Decided to get runestone keeper and five card heroes instead and wait and see for reviews with forgotten forest.

Runestone keeper seems like a very nice dungelot style game, i think it was released this Thursday but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere other than touch arcade. Only played it briefly but it seems to have more depth than dungelot.

I work as a production coordinator for Six Foot Kid, the small studio behind Forgotten Forest: Afterlife. If you have any questions about the game I'm happy to assist :)

colinp

Banned
Ahaha, yeah almost there. Haven't been playing a lot tear past couple days but still enjoying by time with Five Card and Forgotten Forest.

dock

Pretty underwhelmed by my Apple TV. The remote is pretty bad for games, especially given how firm that click panel is.

Asphalt's frame-rate is a huge disappointment. I don't recall it being so poor on my iPhone or iPad.

Hoping that Lumino City might turn me around.

It is your TV. Switch it to PC mode, or the equivalent.
Hmm, I don't get any overscan on my actual PC (that's what I usually hook up to this HDMI port. Okay, I'll spend a while seeing if there are any more advanced options to fix it. :(

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Pretty underwhelmed by my Apple TV. The remote is pretty bad for games, especially given how firm that click panel is.

Devs have had very limited time with the remote. It has its limitations definitely, but I'd expect things to get better once we are another couple of months and updates in.

Asphalt's frame-rate is a huge disappointment. I don't recall it being so poor on my iPhone or iPad.

Is Asphalt on a proprietary engine? They might need more time to optimize the port. There shouldn't be a meaningful difference between the Apple TV and say the performance on the 6.

Our game is running on Unity which itself had a couple of issues, though nothing we couldn't work around fairly easily. Am hoping Unity will bring more optimizations to the table themselves though as the current builds are fairly bloated.

Still yet to get my own Apple TV. I have a stacked week this week and I go away next week for 10 days. From the sound of it waiting til I get back might just be a slightly better experience from the outset.

Top Bottom