• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia - Season 11 |OT| Wednesdays on FXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

S11E01: Chardee MacDennis 2: Electric Boogaloo

960.jpg

- A.V. Club review:

After ten seasons of what I maintain is one of the most difficult comic balancing acts on TV, that Sunny starts out by giving fans exactly what they want may seem like a safe play. But if “Chardee MacDennis 2: Electric Boogaloo” is fanservice, it’s hilarious, exquisite fanservice, with enough energetic inventiveness to suggest that the Gang has another solid season in store for us.

Riddick

"It's not a woman's head in a box you SICK FREAK, it's a woman's head in a freezer and is supposed to represent the preservation of love forever and ever"

Holy shit, I couldn't stop laughing at that part, Dennis has completed his transformation to a complete phychopath.

HT UK

Is there anyway I can pay to watch this season online?

I found it on Amazon.com, but that's not allowing me to purchase because I'm in the UK.

Ayumi

"It's not a woman's head in a box you SICK FREAK, it's a woman's head in a freezer and is supposed to represent the preservation of love forever and ever"

Holy shit, I couldn't stop laughing at that part, Dennis has completed his transformation to a complete phychopath.

It's even worse when you realize how much it resembles Dee (if you want it to).

Lumine

Ohhhh! I had completely forgotten that it's been a full year already. I know what I'll be watching tonight. :)

Ayumi

Favorite momens from S11E01:

Dee's Bill Cosby comment
Charlie with the trumpet
Frank's flag
Frank wearing the jigsaw puzzle cosplay
Frank drugging them all (with absinthe?)

Kind of a weak opening, but only compared to how great last season was. I really didn't like the head joke felt really forced, Dennis was a lot more subtle then that until Now.

mf.luder

Hilarious and a great episode. I wished the Saw portion went on a little longer.

It's cupid's arrow!
I love drunk Charlie with subtitles.

Kind of a weak opening, but only compared to how great last season was. I really didn't like the head joke felt really forced, Dennis was a lot more subtle then that until Now.

Totally. It's unbelievably forced and makes them look really dumb. "Ill represent love by meticulously molding a human head". Eh.

justjim89

Charlie and Mac
should have won. Anytime
Dennis
has the upper hand in anything these days I'm kinda over it.

Riddick

A couple of seasons ago he was looking for kidnapping tools in his trunk because someone dared to reject him. He's progressively been getting worse for a while now, this was gonna happen sooner or later. I love how his character develops more and more into a psychopath while the rest of the narcissists are so self-involved that they don't give a shit about it or even notice it sometimes. It's a brilliant, brilliant comedy.

rrc1594

A couple of seasons ago he was looking for kidnapping tools in his trunk because someone dared to reject him. He's progressively been getting worse for a while now, this was gonna happen sooner or later. I love how his character develops more and more into a psychopath while the rest of the narcissists are so self-involved that they don't give a shit about it or even notice it sometimes. It's a brilliant, brilliant comedy.

Just like Mac being Gay

Hatchtag

Banned
I wouldn't say gay, since he was with a trans woman. If anything he may like penis, but that doesn't automatically make him gay. themoreyouknow.jpg

the dude's oiled up body builders for fun, referred to his old self as a twink when he was fat (then became skinny again), and has done much more to implicate himself as gay than dating a transwoman.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
the dude's oiled up body builders for fun, referred to his old self as a twink when he was fat (then became skinny again), and has done much more to implicate himself as gay than dating a transwoman.
But dating a trans woman wouldn't implicate him as being gay though.

A couple of seasons ago he was looking for kidnapping tools in his trunk because someone dared to reject him. He's progressively been getting worse for a while now, this was gonna happen sooner or later. I love how his character develops more and more into a psychopath

Yes that is the setup the joke suggest, the joke just didn't work, up until now is tendencies, were either relatable, not as in justified but as you can see what would cause a person to assume something/act in a certain way, (getting frustrated, and blowing a fuse) or covert (the all trunk thing), their is no rationality in which Dennis would assume a head in a freeze would be an acceptable representation of love.

Just like Mac being Gay

Mac arrow joke isn't the same thing, that joke did work (because it was relatable, as in you can see why this character would try to make an arrow and end up with a penis), but it didn't indict any progress (progress wouldn't really make sense in his case), their have been very similar and obvious implication that depict Mac's preference(the invitation pamphlet was almost the exact same joke and that was like season 4) .

gosox333

Good episode! Not as good as the first, but that one's in my top five for the show, so that'd be hard to do and I absolutely wasn't expecting that much.

My only real complaint was the head in the freezer thing. It was just so convoluted and quite a big stretch, especially when compared to Mac's arrow which was much more believable.

Also I was super bummed that Mac didn't try to flip the board at all, that was hands down my favorite part of the original and I was sure they'd reference that.

8/10 good opener

Yes that is the setup the joke suggest, the joke just didn't work, up until now is tendencies, were either relatable, not as in justified but as you can see what would cause a person to assume something/act in a certain way, (getting frustrated, and blowing a fuse) or covert (the all trunk thing), their is no rationality in which Dennis would assume a head in a freeze would be an acceptable representation of love.

Of all the insane things that have happened in this show, it seems weird to fixate on this. It's a sit-com, I'm not sure everything that happens has to have a totally logical real-world explanation or set of valid reasons.

Alpende

Watched it yesterday and oh man, what an episode.

Those cholo accents had me in stitches, Frank's flag was a great moment and Dennis showed his psycho side. Great episode.

Kurdel

Banned
A perfect episode, holy shit I laughed out loud so many times.

Glad to see they are starting out on fucking fire.

Pejo

Gold Member
Watched it yesterday and oh man, what an episode.

Those cholo accents had me in stitches, Frank's flag was a great moment and Dennis showed his psycho side. Great episode.

This so much, when Charlie buttoned just the top button on his shirt and kept putting his hands on his belt, I lost it. So glad this show is back on.

SoundLad

Anyone know when season 11 is coming to UK/Ireland Netflix?

Thought it was already out but no dice when I checked.

Edit: Nevermind, according to this reddit thread, UK/Ireland Netflix usually releases the season a month or so after the season finishes airing in the US

Dereck

Why did Dee and Dennis they put on Philadelphia "accents"? Aren't they from Philly?
I'm not sure about Dennis, but I thought the hilarious accent that Dee did is a call back to her character always doing hilariously bad accents while thinking they are good.

A few I can think of is Martina Martinez, and her Boston accent in the "Dee Gets Analyzed" scene, and a few other times that I can't name right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom