• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iwata Asks: Animal Crossing - Let's Go to the City!

Proven

The game is releasing first in America (and Japan later in the week) so I'm surprised at the lack of an English one. Maybe they still have to translate it and they didn't wait on the JPN end.

DarkWish

Don't we tend to get Iwata Asks for the game a bit after the game's release? The only one I can remember exactly is Brawl, and I know that came out before the game's US release, but I can't remember for any other games.

Tiktaalik

Iwata:
I remember when I saw the first playable of Animal Crossing Wii. I said, "Hey! This is really similar to Animal Crossing DS! What did you guys do with the money I gave you?"

Katsuya Eguchi:
(laughs)

Iwata:
At first I was really upset, but then I realized it would make a lot of money anyway.

Katsuya Eguchi:
(laughs)

Iwata:
(laughs)

Tiktaalik said:
Iwata:
I remember when I saw the first playable of Animal Crossing Wii. I said, "Hey! This is really similar to Animal Crossing DS! What did you guys do with the money I gave you?"

Katsuya Eguchi:
(laughs)

Iwata:
At first I was really upset, but then I realized it would make a lot of money anyway.

Katsuya Eguchi:
(laughs)

Iwata:
(laughs)

:lol

DarkWish

Scrubking said:
I can't believe he's admitting that shit.
*facepalm*

It's called a freaking joke, and a hilarious one at that I must say.

EDIT: Don't you just love GAF? Three replies almost instantly all saying the same thing in three different ways :lol

Proven

Oh jeez, it was a joke? I was laughing anyway...

I was expecting it to get quoted all over the place, and now I'm hoping people that don't read much still quote it around anyway.

Log4Girlz

Tiktaalik said:
Iwata:

Katsuya Eguchi:
(laughs)

Iwata:

Katsuya Eguchi:
(laughs)

Iwata:
(laughs)

I wish it WAS a joke hah hah.

yoopoo

Banned
Tiktaalik said:
Iwata:

Katsuya Eguchi:
(laughs)

Iwata:

Katsuya Eguchi:
(laughs)

Iwata:
(laughs)
Submit this to go-nintendo.com

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oh crap. I didn't even realize this was coming out on Monday.

So excited!

:lol :lol :lol :lol

And another :lol at you somehow thinking editing your post after people quoted it would help!

Speevy

Banned
omg rite said:
Not sure how they went backwards.

Because the first game was based on 64DD tech, and this one seems to be using DS tech.

Show me one texture or character/object in this game that doesn't look doable on the Nintendo DS.

Minsc

Gold Member
omg rite said:
Not sure how they went backwards.

By standing still. The world moved forwards, they stood still, so in effect, they ended up going backwards! :)

Edit: Also, the loading noted above and not sure what is meant by cliffs.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Kulock said:
Cliffs. Obvious loading.

Also, moving things away from the town into the city for the purpose of making the city area seem more important.

... How are cliffs going backwards?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Scrubking said:

:lol

Just..... :lol

Screw you guys, I love AC. <3
You know the trolls are desperate when they pass joke posts as truth.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The M.O.B said:
Where the thread andrex? people already got the game, we needz a thread.............now......plz...........

Well I'm kinda doing a "recurring characters" section with descriptions and pics, which is taking some time....

But I suppose I could add it later. I'll go pony up some screenshots and have it ready in an hour or so. :D

Please forgive the delay~

The M.O.B

Andrex said:
Well I'm kinda doing a "recurring characters" section with descriptions and pics, which is taking some time....

But I suppose I could add it later. I'll go pony up some screenshots and have it ready in an hour or so. :D

Please forgive the delay~

nice, take your time.

unless somebody else starts it before :l

Hey guys, I need your help. I am reviewing the game and I can't find anyone to play online with (gotta love the friend codes!).

Anyway, if you happen to have the game, please post here or PM me so we can get together and play.

Thanks!

~os

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Oh, and a Q to those that have the game: I've read you can have six players now (as in, six player-made houses / save files). Is this true?

So, what we've learnt today, is that it isn't just like Animal Crossing DS as they "decided to forget the previous titles and start in a flat state." Mysteriously that flat state seems identical, and that the big feature is making paths when you walk.

GOTY.

TheExodu5

Banned
Tiktaalik said:
Iwata:

Katsuya Eguchi:
(laughs)

Iwata:

Katsuya Eguchi:
(laughs)

Iwata:
(laughs)

I <3 you. :lol

omg rite said:
... How are cliffs going backwards?

I guess that's an unpopular opinion, but I never liked how they served no purpose in the original AC, and instead just made it more awkward to get around your town if you didn't reset and reset until you got a "good" layout.

If you could find caves in the cliffs like in that AC animated movie, that would change my mind. But instead they just serve as yet another blockade in your town when trying to go from A to B.

Shiggy

Is it just me or does the game look worse than the GCN version? I don't want to be a troll, but it looks like a cheap cash-in.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Kulock said:
I guess that's an unpopular opinion, but I never liked how they served no purpose in the original AC, and instead just made it more awkward to get around your town if you didn't reset and reset until you got a "good" layout.

If you could find caves in the cliffs like in that AC animated movie, that would change my mind. But instead they just serve as yet another blockade in your town when trying to go from A to B.

I think it gives the town a much needed sense of variety. Besides, in Animal Crossing you're not supposed to be running around like a crazy person- you're supposed to take it slow.

Wild World was much too flat.

mj1108

omg rite said:
Oh crap. I didn't even realize this was coming out on Monday.

So excited!

Animal Crossing is next week? Costco (here in Merced, CA) had it yesterday for the Wii. I looked at it but didn't pick it up. I had thought it came out this week.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
mj1108 said:
Animal Crossing is next week? Costco (here in Merced, CA) had it yesterday for the Wii. I looked at it but didn't pick it up. I had thought it came out this week.

The 16th, Sunday, is the official release date.

zigg

mj1108 said:

Was it the bundle, perchance? Could save myself some cash on Christmas.

Oxymoron

Kyogoku:
When an animal moves away from the town, a rectangular patch remains in the place where their house used to stand. When you see that and realize that this animal has moved away, it really makes you feel sad!

Moro:
But of course, little by little, the grass will grow back, and as the traces of where the animal's house used to stand disappear, your memories of that animal will also fade.

Kobayashi:
So by the time the grass has fully grown back, you'll have completely forgotten that anyone used to live there! (laughs)

All:
(laughter)

:(

Oxymoron said:
Kyogoku:
When an animal is killed in the town, a rectangular patch remains in the place where their corpse is buried. When you see that and realize that this animal has died, it really makes you feel sad!

Moro:
But of course, little by little, the grass will grow back, and as the traces of where the animal's buried disappear, your memories of that animal will also fade.

Kobayashi:
So by the time the grass has fully grown back, you'll have completely forgotten that anyone is buried there! (laughs)

All:
(laughter)

:(

Top Bottom