• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Listening to the wrestling observer clip about all this mess.

Boy the WM card seems like a bit of a mess.

They cant close with that title match because its going to suck and be booed out of the arena.
They cant close with Triple H versus Bryan because it doesnt really make sense.
They cant close with Taker / Brock because it doesnt make sense.

Curious how they handle that clusterfuck. They should put Bryan in the title match but with Punk gone we know Triple H needs it.
They are screwed brahs. The E cannot be in disarray and look weak at this crucial moment but it is reality. Yhis could be the turning point of athe E or we could go ten more years without new stars. Ill never forget two years ago during oneof the investor meetings when Vince said they were looking at pushing new stars and mentioned Randy Orton. Too true.

Corey Graves has a great look. Punk rock anarchist gimmick is a go.

Things I would like to see from new NjPW: a toyline/figures.

Speaking of new japan merch

Okada got his own sponge cake

tumblr_n04graXFvg1rkxaj4o1_1280.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
We can beg Yottsume to translate the whole thing. beg and beg and beg. I love that man, he's doing god's work. There's not much more fun than being able to see the stuff outside of the ring, translated. I don't need in-ring commentary in english, I need these fascinating and fun videos subbed. I watched his vid of Makabe and Tanahashi talking about coming up in NJPW, it was a lot of fucking fun.

Here's a subbed trailer for the CHAOS Field Trip Vol 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY4gUcKmJho&feature=youtu.be

Watch and fucking love it!

Yano, Takahashi, and Shinsuke always look like they have so much fun being stupid on purpose.

'Don't forget to ask for a receipt'

"fan"

I agree, I hate punk rock and its fans are shitty if they're being real punks.

There's a wide gamut of punk rock and some punk rock fans are the most genuinely cool and nice people I've ever met. Corey Graves seems like a GQ model who decided he wanted to be a hardass but has never had an original thought in his life.

Stay Down

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There's a wide gamut of punk rock and some punk rock fans are the most genuinely cool and nice people I've ever met. Corey Graves seems like a GQ model who decided he wanted to be a hardass but has never had an original thought in his life.

Stay Down

up the punx my ass! Look I've been to my share of Fuckface shows buddy! I know pank rack! motherfuckin reagan

Ithil

Listening to the wrestling observer clip about all this mess.

Boy the WM card seems like a bit of a mess.

They cant close with that title match because its going to suck and be booed out of the arena.
They cant close with Triple H versus Bryan because it doesnt really make sense.
They cant close with Taker / Brock because it doesnt make sense.

Curious how they handle that clusterfuck. They should put Bryan in the title match but with Punk gone we know Triple H needs it.

The best thing to do is to put Bryan in the WWE title match as a Triple Threat and close out the show with Bryan winning the title. However, that leaves HHH without an opponent, and it seems like the HHH match is important, angle wise, so you can't cut it.

Also, Bryan vs HHH is also a satisfying match and makes sense storyline wise. But I don't think you could close out the show with it. To be honest, the Orton/Batista WWE title match will be shat on no matter where you put it on the card. It's just a dead match already.

So they're shit out of luck. Punk vs HHH, and Bryan in the WWE title match would have been a-ok. Your best best is to close out the show with Taker/Lesnar, the only match that could follow Bryan's match and still have the crowd's full attention, I think. The WWE title match is doomed without Bryan.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gimme that NJPW card game on Steam and I will buy boosters FOREVER.

I am totally cool with buying NJPW merch and bringing it back for WrassleGAF!

For a small shipping fee, an import fee, a VAT, maintenance fee, ramen fee, etc

styl3s

I'm the world's greatest! Coca-cola for life! It's down-stayin' time!
I want a straight up bizarro Punk.

He does drugs, smokes, drinks and fucks everyone. Has the Coca-Cola tatt and does the nap time finisher but instead of being the best wrestler in the world he's the worst.

Kaladin

Holy shit....I didn't realize how close we were to 20k posts.

Would you guys object to the new OP going up a few days early to prevent going over from discussion of Main Event / Impact Wrasslin and Smackdown?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I am totally cool with buying NJPW merch and bringing it back for WrassleGAF!

For a small shipping fee, an import fee, a VAT, maintenance fee, ramen fee, etc

Thinking too small. For only 7500 thousand dollars US I will fly to Japan and hand deliver to your door any NJPW merch that you pay for. Fee of course does not include the cost of merchandise. 11.5 k for next day service.

styl3s

Well seeing as Punk's a hypocrite in that pillar of straight edge, you should be good.
I mean everyone.

Not just divas. I am talking Fandango, Ziggler, Kofi etc.

Straight Edge is no alcohol, tobacco, and other recreational drugs.

Promiscuous sex is a personal choice, a personal extension to straight edge. It isn't an "official" rule to being straight edge. Vegan/Soda(sugar) is also part of that extension.

Thinking too small. For only 7500 thousand dollars US I will fly to Japan and hand deliver to your door any NJPW merch that you pay for. Fee of course does not include the cost of merchandise. 11.5 k for next day service.

... But I'm already going there

And that seems rather high wait what are you doing PUT DOWN THE TAZER

LOL, Gabe getting salty on twitter because people are poking fun at him for sending out a DGUSA email with "CM Punk statement"* in the title.

he had nothing worth stating about Punk, but a Gabe's gotta Gabe

*edit, aw, he deleted it :(

Also, full card for the Dragon Gate iPPV on February 6th;

1. Jimmyz (Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!! & Jimmy Kagetora) vs. CIMA & U-T
2. Oretachi Veteran-gun (Don Fujii & Kenichiro Arai) vs. Shachihoko BOY & Chihiro Tominaga
3. Lumberjack Whip Match: Yosuke♡Santa Maria vs. Gamma
4. Kotoka & Ryotsu Shimizu vs. Mad Blankey (Mondai Ryu & Kzy)
5. Oretachi Veteran-gun (K-ness, Dragon Kid & Super Shisa) vs. Monster Express (Akira Tozawa, Shingo Takagi & Uhaa Nation)
6. Masato Yoshino & Masaaki Mochizuki vs. T-Hawk & X
7. JIMMYZ vs MAD BLANKEY Oedo Elimination Match: Jimmy Susumu, Ryo "Jimmy" Saito, Jimmy Kanda & Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin vs. YAMATO, BxB Hulk, Naruki Doi & Cyber Kong

Rules for the elimination match;

Both teams will be placed at separate locations up in the stands. After a countdown, both sides will send one competitor to the ring in 90 second intervals. The match will be done under battle royal elimination rules until all 8 participants have entered. At that point, over the top rope eliminations will be removed, and will be changed to pin or submission only.

The best thing to do is to put Bryan in the WWE title match as a Triple Threat and close out the show with Bryan winning the title. However, that leaves HHH without an opponent, and it seems like the HHH match is important, angle wise, so you can't cut it.

Also, Bryan vs HHH is also a satisfying match and makes sense storyline wise. But I don't think you could close out the show with it. To be honest, the Orton/Batista WWE title match will be shat on no matter where you put it on the card. It's just a dead match already.

So they're shit out of luck. Punk vs HHH, and Bryan in the WWE title match would have been a-ok. Your best best is to close out the show with Taker/Lesnar, the only match that could follow Bryan's match and still have the crowd's full attention, I think. The WWE title match is doomed without Bryan.

Have Kane turn face and wrestle Triple h. It's not like it would be hard to turn him and they'll get a better match out of it than Show vs Triple H.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
... But I'm already going there

And that seems rather high wait what are you doing PUT DOWN THE TAZER

Courier fees can get rather ridiculous when they involve international travel.

Next day courier fees can be absolutely ridiculous. It's cheaper to book a flight, take the day off of work unless you're literally making hundreds of dollars an hour that day, deliver it and come back.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Don't be surprised if TNA drags out the new investor angle out until the end of the show and drop hints of you know who

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also someone said Punk might be upset about Punk and Cena always being focus?

Hasn't Randy been doing NOTHING prior to the Authority angle? Like what was the last major thing he did prior to that? He was pretty much having forgettable matches/tags with Sheamus and RKOing Mark Henry.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Triple H really has the best face expressions for gifs doesnt he?

HHH has a stipulation that if Bryan can beat him at WM, he can have a title shot. Bryan wins. Main event is Orton vs Tista. Someone wins, doesn't matter. As we think the show is coming to an end, D.Bry comes out and says he wants his WM moment and wants his title shot now.

D.Bry wins. Punk comes out to hug him and both hold a belt as the show closes.

Then Devitt and KENTA comes out and have a stare down in the ring before they all beat up Punk. Reigns runs in to make a save only to turn on Punk as well. BULLET CLUB 2.0!

Top Bottom