• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Malvingt2

WWE superstar CM Punk is QUITTING the organization, TMZ Sports has learned ... and sources tell us it's all because he's PISSED over the way the company wants to use him at "WrestleMania."

Sources close to the situation tell TMZ Sports ... Punk was livid when he learned officials scripted Batista to win the Royal Rumble ... because he feels Batista isn't in great wrestling shape and shouldn't be featured in the title match at the upcoming WrestleMania (the biggest event of the year).

We're told Punk feels he earned the right to be in the main event at WrestleMania -- because he's been wrestling tirelessly over the past year from house shows to overseas events. Punk was angry when he found out he'd be wrestling Triple H at WrestleMania instead of squaring off in the title match.

Sources say ... Punk -- whose contract is up in July -- made the decision to leave WWE after "Monday Night Raw" -- and we're told that right now, he's very serious about his decision and has no plans to return.

TMZ now

Rapstah

Figure Four uploaded the Survivor Series 1996 Wrestling Observer and Meltzer consistently refers to Sycho Sid as Sycle Sid throughout it. I hope that's some kind of automatic text scanning tool misreading it.

The TMZ version of events sounds like a misunderstanding of the general reasons why CM Punk decided to quit now as the one and only reason why he's leaving now.

charsace

I'm starting to believe that this is completely physical and Punk is truly banged up. Dude wouldn't miss out on a Wrestlemania payday. Fucking Mick Foley delayed his retirement for one for god's sakes. What is he gonna do, hang out with Chris Hardwick for the rest of his life?

You're joking, but working with Nerdist in a bigger role would great for him. It would give more exposure and allow him to expand into other areas of entertainment. Punk could do well as a host. Then he could return to the WWE as a part timer and headline a mania.

Nameless

I love Punk, I really do, but Korporate Kane shitting on him will be hilarious. His leaving kinda left Kane holding his own dick, so there might be real passion behind it. A mini-feud with Punk would've been a great way to transition the new character back into regular competition.

My Money is on Kane/Shame.us at mania now. Blarg.

Pavaloo

Brock Lesnar couldn't do it. Undertaker couldn't do it. THE ROCK COULDN'T DO IT!

BUT KANE! He took out Punk, for good.

6866%20-%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20kane%20laughing%20mask%20pointing%20smackdown%20smiling%20wwe.gif

Limit

Forget WM 30 Matt and his wife are putting on their own classics at local motels across Virginia these days:

Former WWE champion

Matt Hardy was arrested at a motel in Virginia earlier this month ... after allegedly getting into a fight with his wrestler wife ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Just look at the mug shots of Hardy and 27-year-old

-- both appear bloody and scratched up.

Hardy has multiple scratch marks all over his face and Sky -- real name Rebecca Hardy -- appears to be sporting a fat lip, black eye and several small cuts on her face.

Law enforcement tells TMZ Sports ... cops raced to the Hampton Inn in Emporia, VA on January 1st around 5:45 AM after someone at the hotel call 911.

During the 911 call, obtained by TMZ Sports, the hotel staffer told the operator ... "A guest just came down here and said somebody's beating the hell out of his wife a girl or something."

When cops arrived to the scene, both Matt and Sky were arrested for assault and battery. They were released on $3,500 bail

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I'm weird but can we wait until Friday for the Feb OT to be posted? The 1st isn't until Saturday.

Smackdown desperately needs Michael Hayes back. You can't punish him forever for what he did to Rosa Mendes. I kmow ghere are new girls debuting soon but. Please, i think he learned his lesson....

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love Punk, I really do, but Korporate Kane shitting on him will be hilarious. His leaving kinda left Kane holding his own dick, so there might be real passion behind it. A mini-feud with Punk would've been a great way to transition the new character back into regular competition.

My Money is on Kane/Shame.us at mania now. Blarg.

I hope Kane slaughters Punk on the mic. Just fucking kill him. Kane, who endure bullshit after bullshit for the company, a guy who regularly puts people over and doesn't complain, a guy who pretends to be a dentist because it's 'best for business' vs a guy who complains everytime he has to put someone over who he doesn't like, a guy who whines online anytime something doesn't go his way, a guy who works hard but bitches about it the entire time.

Fucking tear into him, Kane. Oh, let me punk it up a little... Tear into him, Glenn /sogoodpromo

RBH

AJ Styles was recently threatened with a restraining order from TNA corporate offices for appearing on radio stations and speaking events talking about the situation in TNA. The claim that unless AJ could prove his claims with a burden of proof then anything negative he said could be viewed as slander and they would take the necessary legal action against him. A scheduled speaking event in the UK has been postponed until July.

Aiii

So not worth it
Hey man, you're gonna piss off Aiii with that kind of talk.

You guys have got to realise I give absolutely 0 fucks over who AJ's fucking or the other way around, good on her.

And if that's not enough for you, go back to yesterday and the joke I made about Lethal. Because jesus guys, this is not needed.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I will be breaking more news here in the next couple of days. Keep the tape machines rolling.

Who cares about Punk when we've got Cena? Cena shows up every night with no complaints. He doesn't need days off. After that elbow surgery, Cena came back weeks before he was scheduled to because he cares so much about us.

Seriously though, I hope Punk takes 6mos to a year off to relax and do some training. He's been sloppy in the ring and just overall boring for a while now. It really sucks that he had that belt for a record number of days and he's not likely to be remembered cause of constant CeNation on the show.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
You guys have got to realise I give absolutely 0 fucks over who AJ's fucking or the other way around, good on her.

And if that's not enough for you, go back to yesterday and the joke I made about Lethal. Because jesus guys, this is not needed.

Just messing with you, man. We're all on the same team!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Brock Lesnar couldn't do it. Undertaker couldn't do it. THE ROCK COULDN'T DO IT!

BUT KANE! He took out Punk, for good.

6866%20-%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20kane%20laughing%20mask%20pointing%20smackdown%20smiling%20wwe.gif
This needs to be the storyline.

However, anyone hoping that Glenn Jacobs tears into Punk for this doesn't know Glenn Jacobs. The man isn't a mark. He knows what this is. He'll never complain, and he certainly will never take this personal.

I hope Kane slaughters Punk on the mic. Just fucking kill him. Kane, who endure bullshit after bullshit for the company, a guy who regularly puts people over and doesn't complain, a guy who pretends to be a dentist because it's 'best for business' vs a guy who complains everytime he has to put someone over who he doesn't like, a guy who whines online anytime something doesn't go his way, a guy who works hard but bitches about it the entire time.

Fucking tear into him, Kane. Oh, let me punk it up a little... Tear into him, Glenn /sogoodpromo

As a Punk fan I am totally on board with Kane tearing into him (or you know... someone with mic skills). I don't know or care if Punk leaving is a work but regardless, using the situation to get someone over is just good pro graps.

Unfortunately I can't get on board with your sub-Plywood level Punk trolling.

kiguel182

Honestly, If this Punk leaving thing is true, it's for the best.

He has been coasting for awhile and his lack of motivation is clear when seeing him in the ring.

I'm a big Punk fan but I think this is for the best. I doubt they won't have him back down the line when he is fully healed and motivated.

Last year at Wrestlemania he was already pretty pissed by the company's direction and I doubt everything that has happened since has made him change his mind.

Top Bottom