• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 169 |OT| This is wrestling stuff, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zDmvKyz.png

START TIME: search for "UFC 169" on www.google.com

MAIN CARD (PPV/BT SPORT)

4IRXe7a.png

look at the size of these guys. they're so small. UFC could make a killing by putting masks on them and call them Minis like they do in Mexico. El Baronero vs Fabertástico! i would watch that.

LXR9ObN.png

who the fuck is "Ricardo Lamas"?

ReLMGuV.png

this is being billed as a "Loser Leaves Town" match. given they're in New Jersey, i'd assume they both want to lose. *ba dum tish*
Reem went to shit since he cut Hidalgo and Seabiscuit from his diet but Mir is Mir, a soft breeze could finish him.

uJYyfEL.png

Hands of Stone over there got a 48% finish ratio, Puncher 42%. haven't seen more unfitting nicknames since Joe Warren was dubbed "Baddest Man on the Planet".

K1dqmnp.png

i have no idea who these people are. i remember Varner from WEC but that's it.

PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX SPORTS 1/BT SPORT)

Lightweight: John Makdessi vs Alan Patrick
Flyweight: Chris Cariaso vs Danny Martinez
Middleweight: Nick Catone vs Tom Watson
Lightweight: Al Iaquinta vs Kevin Lee

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC FIGHT PASS)

Middleweight: Clint Hester vs Andy Enz
Lightweight: Tony Martin vs Rashid Magomedov
Welterweight: Neil Magny vs Gasan Umalatov

DON FRYE'S PREDICTION CORNER

ioxDpes4BFGjh.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD8ujm5EZI4

Vio-Lence

Banned
Where's Kimbo Slice and Brock Lesnar on that scale?

brah don't compare Fraudreem to Kimbo or Brock. those 2 guys could at least draw viewers and sell PPVs. Kimbo was the main event draw for the largest television rating ever seen on network television for mixed martial arts. Brock was the only 1million dollar guarantee ppv draw the UFC has ever seen, and he won the strap.

Dana got it so wrong when he asked Brock to pass the torch to the fraud, so he can spend time with his family, drink coors, get on his wife, hunt, and make a couple of million as a part time wrassler with Vincent K.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
look deep into your heart friend. reem is the biggest fraud in sports entertainment history. he was more carefully booked to look good than Hulk Hogan.

I challenge you to find even a single fighter with a more impressive Title resume than a grueling 5 year reign which had him beat Paul Buentello for the title, defend it against the red hot coming straight off a loss Brett Rogers, and then dick around in Japan for a while.

Dysun

Wasn't Barao supposed to be fighting Cruz? Did he pull out again?

Tore his groin and got stripped of the title he didn't deserve to have anymore.

Mir vs Overeem has my morbid curiosity, one of these fools is being bodied for good I think

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
I challenge you to find even a single fighter with a more impressive Title resume than a grueling 5 year reign which had him beat Paul Buentello for the title, defend it against the red hot coming straight off a loss Brett Rogers, and then dick around in Japan for a while.
I'm pretty sure Fedor is still the WAMMA Heavyweight champ.

horsebird

Banned
Rogan was saying on the podcast that Reem dropped a lot of mass, but my googling is apparently weak because I can't find the pics. I realize I can wait for the weigh-ins, but I wanna see it now, dammit.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Rogan was saying on the podcast that Reem dropped a lot of mass, but my googling is apparently weak because I can't find the pics. I realize I can wait for the weigh-ins, but I wanna see it now, dammit.

He didn't look that small to me. Not Ubereem, but not 205 Alistair. Check the latter half of that documentary i posted.

this pic he looks way smaller
BeiWj9mCYAAy1SN.png

not so small here
H2V1jnK.jpg

I guess we'll see if they sell horse meat in Thailand.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'm pretty sure Fedor is still the WAMMA Heavyweight champ.

Sylvia, Arlovski, and an unbeaten Rogers is easily a better title run than Buentello and Rogers in his next fight after losing to Fedor. Hell, losing to Werdum, Silva, and Henderson is arguably better than beating Buentello and Rogers. Even post-losing streak Fedor settling into retirement had a similar level of opponent to Overeem in his prime.

Vio-Lence

Banned
after Mir takes this bum's arm and places it on his mantle next to his other trophies, Tank, Nog, Brock, he'll be waltzing into the UFC HOF.

HESPECTSH

the handsomest HW

frank-mir-headphones.gif

Heel

LP, if you're going to insist on making OTs to workshop your stand-up comedy routine, can you at least include start times? Thanks.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Sylvia, Arlovski, and an unbeaten Rogers is easily a better title run than Buentello and Rogers in his next fight after losing to Fedor. Hell, losing to Werdum, Silva, and Henderson is arguably better than beating Buentello and Rogers. Even post-losing streak Fedor settling into retirement had a similar level of opponent to Overeem in his prime.
Not sure what the disagreement is here, you asked for a more gruelling title run, I gave you one. Fedor managed to keep his belt after three losses in a row whereas Overeem couldn't even keep the Strikeforce belt despite winning every fight he had in the org. No contest.

Heel

after Mir takes this bum's arm and places it on his mantle next to his other trophies, Tank, Nog, Brock, he'll be waltzing into the UFC HOF.

HESPECTSH

the handsomest HW

frank-mir-headphones.gif

My breh, Overeem fighting a bum like Francisco Mir only reinforces your belief that he's protected. Knocked out smooth in 1, padding Reem's kill ratio for another push.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
My breh, Overeem fighting a bum like Francisco Mir only reinforces your belief that he's protected. Knocked out smooth in 1, padding Reem's kill ratio for another push.
I'm pretty sure that even if Overeem was a pro-wrestler he'd find a way to lose some of the matches he's supposed to win.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Not sure what the disagreement is here, you asked for a more gruelling title run, I gave you one. Fedor managed to keep his belt after three losses in a row whereas Overeem couldn't even keep the Strikeforce belt despite winning every fight he had in the org. No contest.

Oh, I thought you were diminishing the amazing feat that Fedor's belt outlasted WAMMA by a good three years. Though, I do have to admit that Overeem managing to avoid defending his belt but still be considered champion by the sheer whothefuckcaresedness of the Strikeforce heavyweight division is a pretty impressive accomplishment itself.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Indeed. I can spin the outcome of this to my advantage no matter who wins. I'll be spinning yarns like the Eunch in AGoT.

Murr used to be one of my favorite fighters but at this point I guess I'll root for Reem since he still has mileage in his tank. I hate to say it but Mir might as well retire before he eats all the strawberries.

Great card btw. Would be even better if they fought in a WEC ring.

Guru-Guru

Banned
PPV is only $20 in Japan, so I guess I will watch it.

On a competely different note, UFC should do a Dagestan Fight Night and put all their "Russian" fighters on it. It would probably be better than most of the cards that get pushed as PPV's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom