• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 169 |OT| This is wrestling stuff, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Screw the Overeem haters. That's the fight I'm most interested in to see.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
going with the upset --> faber

faber
aldo
reem
puncher
trujillo
Makdessi (mostly because i dont know the guy he is fighting)

the rest of the card sucks. or, at least seems to suck based on the few names i recognize.

Will watch to see Overeem get knocked the fuck out somehow again.

By Frank Mir?

Emma-Stones-Hysterical-Laugh-Gif.gif

Guru-Guru

Banned
What's the ratio of UFC.tv working properly vs. fucking up? I bought Hendricks-GSP and had zero problems, but UFC on Fox 10 was laggy, audio was messing up, etc.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Aldo is a co-main event for Faber.

It doesn't feel right.

I think it made more sense when it was interim vs champ, with Faber stepping in it feels like the bigger weight class (and more dominant champion) should get the main event.

Then again, Faber is probably the biggest draw between two title fights.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Since Faber doesn't have to beat the champ to be the champ, I'm saying the curse is lifted for this fight.

Faber
Yes he does, Cruz got stripped. He didn't have to the last time he fought Barao, seeing as it was for a vacant interim belt. Didn't seem to help.

Aldo is a co-main event for Faber.

It doesn't feel right.
Well originally it was Cruz vs Barao and got top billing because it was "champ vs champ". Either they thought having Faber's name in the main event would do better than Aldo/Lamas' or they couldn't be bothered to switch the order around.

I want Faber to win this, but there is no way I see Barao losing this. Faber had no answer the last fight for Baraos offense and he shut him down bad. Rematches go the same 90% of the time.

Also if Frank loses than I want him to fight Nog again. Let Nog get some revenge lol.

If Mir wasn't known for pulling off Hail Marys than I would say he's got no chance. He's kinda the opposite of Overeem. Mir will find a way to win while Overeem always finds a way to lose. That being said War Reem.

If I was throwing money down for this fight I would take the gamble and actually bet on the underdog (Mir).

I would love you to be right, but you're oh so very, very wrong.

Mir got his clock cleaned by a 10,000 year-old Big Nog. Yes, coming back from the border of consciousness and subbing Nog was awesome. But it is *Nog*. Now he's fighting Overeem. Overeem will beat him senseless.

I really hope i am wrong, but Mir is proven to pull shit outta his ass.

Yes he does, Cruz got stripped. He didn't have to the last time he fought Barao, seeing as it was for a vacant interim belt. Didn't seem to help.

Well originally it was Cruz vs Barao and got top billing because it was "champ vs champ". Either they thought having Faber's name in the main event would do better than Aldo/Lamas' or they couldn't be bothered to switch the order around.

Awww, nuts.
Oh well, I'm still California Dreaming.

And
6mjwJia.jpg

he was garbage long before he lost those 2 fights. or are we gonna pretend "Gary Goodridge", Megapunk or Headhunter are relevant wins?

Love the Reem. He has the ability to beat anybody in the division but hes a glass cannon. Deff not garbage, Shawn Jordan is garbage, Lavar Johnson is garbage, Chad Griggs is garbage and Bobby Lashley is garbage.

iddqd

Yeah, another voice that is rooting for the Reem here.
Because it's a more fun story, because it would be great to see it in THE REEM black and white show and because he is really fun in the first 2,5 minutes of the first round.

Also rooting for Faber but chances are that it will be a similar fight like last time. Faber, the best no 2 in the world.

Not much interest in Aldo other then I like the idea of him going up to 55 if he wins.
Aldo at that weight would make some fun fights (and that weight cutting video of him make me
double down on donuts )

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Can't really disagree. Aldo is totally gonna move up after this fight if he wins

I'd like to see a rematch with Money Mendes 2.0 first.

Overeem is going to get a ridiculously quick stoppage against Frank Mir. Frank stands absolutely no chances un less it goes to the ground, and he won't be able to get it to the ground, not while Overeem is in top shape in the first round driving a knee into his liver and a uppercut onto his chin.

50% chance of this turning out like Overeem/Werdum in Strikeforce.

50% chance of this turning out like Carwin/Mir.

Mir is going to shoot for a takedown immediately. If that fails, he's fucked.

And regardless of the outcome, I want JDS vs. Overeem in summer. That and I can see Mir retiring win or lose - unless they can get Brock back for the rubber match.

Guru-Guru

Banned
And regardless of the outcome, I want JDS vs. Overeem in summer. That and I can see Mir retiring win or lose - unless they can get Brock back for the rubber match.
Would that even be a good match up? JDS has a chin and will be able to survive 1st round Reem before he blows his load. It would be nice seeing Reem getting knocked out again though.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Would that even be a good match up? JDS has a chin and will be able to survive 1st round Reem before he blows his load. It would be nice seeing Reem getting knocked out again though.

For starters, both fighters need rebound matches and the division is too thin to have them crush two lower level dudes or to risk them derailing mid-level guys like Stipe Miocic or Soa Palelei. That and beating a name like JDS is the only way for Overeem to regain any sort of credibility in the UFC.

Secondly, it's unfinished business from 2012. There's so many "what could have been" fights that we'll never see, and I'll be damned if we're going to let JDS/Reem join that list.

Heel

Lightweight: Tony Martin vs Rashid Magomedov

This could be uh...interesting?

Rashid Magomedov - Last win was over Alex Yakovlev, the guy who recently beat Paul Daley.

Tony Martin - Undefeated prospect from CFX / Dakota FC, a promotion that only has one ambulance on call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom