• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Big Month Meltz

Pikma

Banned
Funny thing is, Rollins would actually qualify to be a Cruiserweight by the old standards.

As good as the CWC was, I just despise the idea of splitting up certain talents from the Main Event scene because they're a bit short/have less muscle mass, especially when guys like Jericho, Finn Balor and Rey Mysterio have been Main Event Champions, and thus, I will never ever be into 205 LIVE.
Also, I only have so much time.
Your loss, 205 has been steadily getting better and better with guys like Tozawa and Metallik still to come

Shame we never got shoot part 2

W25b0ov.gif

qdt4rdh.gif

It looks like he wants to be involved sooner or later anyway so I don't really get this position of "keep him away" entitled fans take

Let him do whatever he wants
it seems to easy to understand, wwe mishandles almost everyone who comes over and it makes for worse programming

what has he said about coming to wwe?

It looks like he wants to be involved sooner or later anyway so I don't really get this position of "keep him away" entitled fans take

Let him do whatever he wants

Of course he can do what he wants.

People can still find it curious why anyone would him involved in a show like today's though. Or be frustrated knowing he will carry the company through the dead football season before taking part in stuff like today leading into Mania season.

It may work out better than that and I would certainly hope so.

I would love it if the culmination of this story is just "Brock is Goldberg's bitch lol"

Goldberg winning again against Brock would absolutely shock most of the Mania marks. If they really want to be unpredictable they should do this and save the obvious Lesnar win for something like Summerslam.

This time have Brock and Goldberg have an all out war with Goldberg barely putting him away, that would be great storytelling and give the Lesnar character something to overcome and a reason for fans to get behind him. He can then finally overcome Goldberg at SS and have a handshake and let Goldberg ride off into the sunset.

THAT would be great storytelling and THAT would be a real "overcoming the odds" storyline done right. Hell, Heyman booked Raven-Dreamer for years on this type of storytelling, let him write this feud as well.

I can't even imagine the boos they will get with Roman vs. Undertaker.

At this point, I think they're booking toward who will the WM fans hate Roman going over most, because they know it guarantees a reaction.

I guess the question is, who on the current roster would get as loud a reaction (cheers or boos) that Roman is going to get when he hits the Spear and hooks 'Taker's leg for the 1-2-3?

I can't even imagine the boos they will get with Roman vs. Undertaker.

Let Roman win and turn heel in the process by screwing Taker and getting a mouthpiece like Heyman or Stephanie. You would have the biggest heel in the company in at least a decade. Ditch the gear, wear a suit to the ring and do what his cousin did years ago and mock the crowds and thumb his nose at the fans.

It makes too much damn sense to ever happen!!

Tall4Life

If Reigns beats Taker and retires him (Say the next night on Raw that Taker got a career ending injury during the match because of Reigns) then he will be the top heel for a fucking century. It would be GLORIOUS

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Let Roman win and turn heel in the process by screwing Taker and getting a mouthpiece like Heyman or Stephanie. You would have the biggest heel in the company in at least a decade. Ditch the gear, wear a suit to the ring and do what his cousin did years ago and mock the crowds and thumb his nose at the fans.

He isn't turning heel.

GunBR

I'm really curious about how it's gonna be Goldberg vs Lesnar at Mania
We finally gonna see Goldberg fighting for more than 3 minutes? Or one of them gonna destroy the other with 2-3 moves again?

It's gonna be sooo funny when he beats Taker and then show up on Raw next night doing some smirks and his face promo about he's always beating the odds, and WWE keeps acting like he's the biggest face of the company

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

hell put the heel usos with him as a stable, they were shockingly good as heels anyway. It makes so much sense, just build up Balor, Rollins, Ambrose, AJ, whoever you sign as your top faces, theres plenty of people.

There will not be another John Cena just like there wasnt another Austin or Rock, why they keep forcing it is truly baffling it.

Roman should just absorb undertakers powers

I see you're a giantbomb fan :3

Syder

Your loss, 205 has been steadily getting better and better with guys like Tozawa and Metallik still to come
From what I've seen thus far, and let's be real Neville & Swann fucking stank up the Alamodome tonight, 205 LIVE aka even more WWE-branded wrestling is just not worth the time investment to me. I hope new additions and more time to figure storylines out improve the show and I can come back in 6 months and enjoy it but I would not be shocked if Cruiserweights were defunct in 12 months time.

Tall4Life

hell put the heel usos with him as a stable, they were shockingly good as heels anyway. It makes so much sense, just build up Balor, Rollins, Ambrose, AJ, whoever you sign as your top faces, theres plenty of people.

There will not be another John Cena just like there wasnt another Austin or Rock, why they keep forcing it is truly baffling it.

I see you're a giantbomb fan :3

Cena, Rock, and Austin all got over as faces by being heels. Rock and Austin basically continued doing their heel shtick while beating up worse heels. Cena went Hogan but whatever.

He could still be a mega star if he just continues as a heel but becomes "face".

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Cena, Rock, and Austin all got over as faces by being heels. Rock and Austin basically continued doing their heel shtick while beating up worse heels. Cena went Hogan but whatever.

He could still be a mega star if he just continues as a heel but becomes "face".

oh I know, I meant in the short term. But they refuse to even do that.

Rhaknar

I hope blue turns face in 2017

because he's a shit heel.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea

TFW you realize Roman leading an LIJ-like group with the Usos will never happen. :(

Even if they did I don't know if they'll let Roman go full Naito though. Those early LIJ days were a thing of beauty.

Anth0ny

People still think Roman is turning heel?

in 2017?

roman was put in the #30 spot today to get a huge pop, valiantly coming out to fight once more after being wronged in his title match earlier in the night by braun stroman

the electricity in the building when the big dog had a stare down with the phenom, i tell ya. what an atmosphere.

and then the big dog even managed to eliminate the undertaker to a thunderous pop from the crowd!

unfortunately, he just couldn't win the match in the end, but I tell ya byron, what a performance by roman reigns last night.

and if you missed it, raw will recap roman's entire run, complete with the reaction from all of his loving fans cheering him all the way.

Rhaknar

He can't even turn to get out of bed in the morning!

HESFAT

hey fuck you Beef, im fat :/

TFW you realize Roman leading an LIJ-like group with the Usos will never happen. :(

Even if they did I don't know if they'll let Roman go full Naito though. Those early LIJ days were a thing of beauty.

Roman in a suit acting like a cocky shitbird, dragging the belt around. Yes pls :(

Syder

I'm trying to get excited about HHH and Rollins but then I tried to remember an epic HHH match... help me wrasslegaf
If Haitch v Seth ends with a Phoenix Splash, Rollins having a REAL face turn and never using the fucking Pedigree ever again then I'm totally fine with this match happening.

Tall4Life

I'm trying to get excited about HHH and Rollins but then I tried to remember an epic HHH match... help me wrasslegaf

xt51x.jpg

HHH/Taker 1,2,3, HHH/HBK Summerslam, HHH/HBK/Benoit WMXX, HHH/Bryan, HHH/Cactus Jack RR2000, Stone Cold/HHH vs Benoit and Jericho on Raw, HHH/Stone Cold 2 out of 3 Falls, HHH/Jericho Fully Loaded

If Haitch v Seth ends with a Phoenix Splash, Rollins having a REAL face turn and never using the fucking Pedigree ever again then I'm totally fine with this match happening.

It's almost certainly ending with a pedigree and pin, the question is just who's taking it

Top Bottom