• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Hawaii is basically Highway Star + It Follows, down to a Josuke calling a Hirose for help with hospital records on the Stand user while he tries to avoid pursuit.

Yep. Chapter 47. Chapter 48 begins the arc surrounding Damo taking over the Higashikata household, which is interrupted midway with the flashback to Josefumi and Kira's past, then the Milagro Man, Kaato's introduction, and the Dolomiti's introduction.

All-in-all, Yasuho has been gone for a very long time. I thought it was under a year. Turns out it was a lot longer than that.

Yeah but isnt that conflating real time with the time between chapters

Ita feasible that araki planned an arc without Yasuho, and at the pace he works at it so happens that there was a 2 year gap between when you last saw her.

cntr

Banned
from the reddit chapter discussion said:
Is it just me, or does it seem like the Blue Hawaii zombies "see" by spreading their blood around?

In this chapter, the zombie lady only started climbing once her blood got splattered up on the platform that Gappy was hiding on, and in the last chapter, the kid zombie got stuck on that sign until he got a lot of blood on the ground around him, and only then did he go after Gappy.

Could be a coincidence, but it's something that definitely stood out to me.
So um.

This might be a thing.

...Chapter 47 came out September 2015, yo. That's 1 year and 3 months, not "exactly 2 years".

Call it a guesstimate, then. 24 chapters released on a fairly inconsistent "monthly" schedule with some chapters releasing more frequently than others. I wasn't able to look up the actual dates at the time; was posting from my phone, and Wikia's mobile site is a navigation nightmare.

Fuck. I forgot everything that happened last chapter...

Joubin summoned a limbless toad-man by enacting a ritual in which he threw fried chicken into a pond.

Cue Highway Star 2: Star Harder.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Your math is either worse than mine - which I don't believe is actually possible
uZTue0u.png
- or you forgot there's 61 chapters of Jojolion, not 71.

I used a calculator app because I was lazy. Guess my finger slipped, or something, and I didn't bother to verify it. My first grade teacher is screaming internally somewhere.

I'm 20 and graduating college in two months, and apparently I can't subtract 47 from 61.

Then there's all the Highway Star connections.

On an unrelated note, I'm going back through Part 6, and I noticed this scene.

How does Jolyne kick C-Moon in the face? Stands are supposed to be incorporeal to anyone who isn't a Stand. The only other case I can recall of a Stand user hitting a Stand is Diego, and that's because Scary Monster made him a Stand. Is it because Stone Free technically affects Jolyne's body, like Scary Monster?

Also, C-Moon is an obnoxious song.

Hypron

Josuke is pretty hardcore tbh

How does Jolyne kick C-Moon in the face? Stands are supposed to be incorporeal to anyone who isn't a Stand. The only other case I can recall of a Stand user hitting a Stand is Diego, and that's because Scary Monster made him a Stand. Maybe it's explained later in the chapter and I just wasn't paying attention when I read it. Oh well. Part 6 kinda lost me towards the end, even though that's where it really picks up.

Also, C-Moon is an obnoxious song.

Well she can also turn into a stand since she morphs into strings.

Pompadour

On an unrelated note, I'm going back through Part 6, and I noticed this scene.

How does Jolyne kick C-Moon in the face? Stands are supposed to be incorporeal to anyone who isn't a Stand. The only other case I can recall of a Stand user hitting a Stand is Diego, and that's because Scary Monster made him a Stand. Is it because Stone Free technically affects Jolyne's body, like Scary Monster?

That always bugged me about Stands. They can apply force on the corporeal world but force can't be applied back to them. Not that it matters, though. I think they toss off "only Stands can hurt Stands thing" once and it never really comes up again because people rarely try to attack the Stands themselves.

Yeah, Jolyne's body can manifest Stone Free so perhaps you can explain it away that way. Or Stone Free is just hidden inside her leg and Stone Free's leg is kicked C-Moon, too.

cntr

Banned
How does Jolyne kick C-Moon in the face?
She's using Stone Free, Josuke often does something similar with Crazy Diamond. Araki left explicitly depicting Stone Free out 'cause it looks better that way.

Trying to justify a universal comics technique by going into theories about Jolyne being able to turn into Stone Free...that's a bit silly, yo.

Trying to justify a universal comics technique by going into theories about Jolyne being able to turn into Stone Free...that's a bit silly, yo.

I wasn't the person who said that, though. I was referring to how her Stand affects her body; Scary Monster turns Diego into a dinosaur, letting him strike other stands physically (such as when he cut a huge gash into D4C), and Jolyne can turn her body into string. Apparently that's the ticket.

When Josuke used Crazy Diamond, it wasn't tangibly affecting his body, unlike Jolyne's string.

That fucking Nazi MAL thread dirtying up JoJo's name. Fuck you, nazi apologists, leave JoJo out of your garbage. Stroheim isn't some hero, he's a shitty shithead who fucks up everything constantly and only manages to actually help at the end, not some hero Nazi glorification.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's even worse when some people in the Toonami thread are now questioning Jojo when last week's episode was basically LOOK HOW THE NAZIS ARE UNLEASHING THIS EVIL ONTO THE WORLD & LOOK HOW THEY'RE GETTING SLAUGHTERED, ALSO LOOK THEY'RE EVIL & TRY TO DEGRADE WOMEN.

Hell, we don't like Stroheim for the fact he's a nazi, he's just so damn over the top plus HE BECOMES A CYBORG & then gets attacked by a dubstep vampire squirrel formed from a dude's arm.

Not to mention, doesn't even Joseph in the show itself question "wtf, why are the nazis being helpful, I should appreciate their help, BUT THEY'RE DAMN NAZIS"

Even Namco was like "yeah, no, we ain't keeping his normal uniform in the US/EU versions of Eyes of Heaven, ESPECIALLY for the German version"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's only one person who's questioning it, to be fair.
I think it was two, but yeah, fair enough, I shouldn't have said the entire thread (especially when a few have already seen it). It's just for a series that we all know is so over the top & bonkers (especially now that people are seeing the insanity Part 2 gets into), it feels weird that THIS is what makes them question if they should continue with Jojo.

I didn't want to post anything there because 1.) they're spoilers & I'd rather stay away from that, 2.) it's just a topic I don't think I want to be part of, & 3.) I feel like the next episode will explain itself & doesn't need me or anyone else trying to defend it when it doesn't need it in the first place.

cntr

Banned
It does sound really questionable out of context. It works because Araki goes out of his way to make the Nazis blundering idiots, but without knowing that, yeah.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If we didn't already see the scene of all those nazis getting killed by Santana & tomorrow's episode being more nazis getting killed, then I might've jumped in to explain things. But we're at a point where I think the show can explain things for itself.

They're the ones who brought the pillar men into the world, setting the plot, & want to use them for their control (I think?), so I think it's already safe to say they're not the good guys.

But again, you are correct & to be fair, it does sound wtf-ish out of context & if we were still in Part 1, then I would've felt the need to explain things so people weren't turned off by Part 2.

One of his first actions in the series is to have a Hispanic boy be killed only to spare his life because he was impressed by his actions in spite of his skin color... resulting in him instead ordering the rest of the people captured alongside the boy to be murdered instead. What a great guy.

People tend to forget that he was a godawful bastard because his psychopathy is turned up to eleven when he becomes a cyborg, and his voice actor begins to chew the scenery with such vigor that you can't help but laugh at how stupid the whole situation is. Prior to that he's just a narcissistic creep.

I'm pretty sure Stroheim's exclamation of 'German Science is the Best in the World!' is supposed to be ironic/funny because German tech always fails as soon as he says it.

cntr

Banned
You know, I never really thought about it before, but the Nazis in Battle Tendency are basically "blundering useless Nazis" cartoon stereotypes, except they happen to be vaguely on the protagonist's side.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, my sister decided to send me my birthday present a few months early. I knew it was Jojo related due to some questions she asked, but I was not expecting this.
That is really neat. Is the item inside related to Jojo as well, or was it just a special package you could buy to mail stuff in? Either way, that is a sweet package.

Voror

That is really neat. Is the item inside related to Jojo as well, or was it just a special package you could buy to mail stuff in? Either way, that is a sweet package.

It's the Jojoveller artbook as well as a catalog of Stands for the whole series and one on the History of the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom