• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
That fucking Nazi MAL thread dirtying up JoJo's name. Fuck you, nazi apologists, leave JoJo out of your garbage. Stroheim isn't some hero, he's a shitty shithead who fucks up everything constantly and only manages to actually help at the end, not some hero Nazi glorification.

Everyone forgot about Brockenman Jr., the original anime goodguy Nazi.

Voror

I was super surprised. She gave me the choice between a figure/statue or an art book. I would have been good with either, but I like artbooks a bit more. When she asked about Jojo stuff I thought about this as a possibility but dismissed it at the time.

I haven't gone through everything other than flipping through it a bit. Art is gorgeous of course. I can't read Japanese sadly so I'm largely stuck to just looking at the pictures in the Stand and History books but that's nice too. Stand book is super think and catalogs every Stand in the series through Part 8 though it only features five Stands given the time it was published.

History is filled with what I think are notes and interviews with Araki. There are what I think the Author's Notes from every volume of the manga, some sketches here and there of characters as well as images from exhibitions and a time Araki went to the USA.

I can post some more pictures later.

That's amazing. How much does all that cost?

I actually don't know though she said it was expensive (there had been a little while where the front office for my apartment who had signed for it couldn't find the package). She said she originally wanted to get the limited edition which includes two additional Blu-rays but that one was in the $300 range which was outside what she was willing to do. So she went with this one, which is fine by me.

She was surprised I got it so soon since she ordered it this just a few days ago over Amazon Japan and it got here super quick.

cntr

Banned
happy early birthday, by the way

7c5wDPk.jpg

Voror

happy early birthday, by the way

Haha thank you but it is actually very early. My birthday isn't till April (same as my sisters). I'm not sure why she decided to do this so soon. I think her original intention was to bring this in March when they are visiting me but just decided to have it sent to me instead.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I got the Danganronpa games on Steam during the Winter sale and have been powering through them the past few weeks and the number of Jojo references is both numerous and occasionally pretty fucking funny, actually. Especially a certain ~someone~ breaking out Dio's pose during the final chapter of the first game. I'm not done with 2 yet (and haven't touched the games past that, obvs.) but I wonder if this series altogether has more Jojo nods than even Street Fighter. There's quite a bit in what I've only seen thus far.

Haha thank you but it is actually very early. My birthday isn't till April (same as my sisters). I'm not sure why she decided to do this so soon. I think her original intention was to bring this in March when they are visiting me but just decided to have it sent to me instead.

Your sister owns, dude. Jojoveller is an insanely cool gift. Better hook her the fuck up for her birthday.

Matsukaze

I got the Danganronpa games on Steam during the Winter sale and have been powering through them the past few weeks and the number of Jojo references is both numerous and occasionally pretty fucking funny, actually. Especially a certain ~someone~ breaking out Dio's pose during the final chapter of the first game. I'm not done with 2 yet (and haven't touched the games past that, obvs.) but I wonder if this series altogether has more Jojo nods than even Street Fighter. There's quite a bit in what I've only seen thus far.
The Dio pose was the best part of that character.

And I loved the fact that you could give someone the Bow & Arrow as a gift. Made me so happy.

Tizoc

Inwish one of my brothers would hift me jojoveller :/

Happy bday in arvance tho and enjoy the book :)

Edit- toonami gaf are about to experience the piller man and then this glorious pose
Jojo-Pose.jpg

There's a guy with a pompadour who leads a biker gang called the Crazy Diamonds. He gets pissed when people make fun of his hair.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I liked Yuri on Ice, but best animation is by far the least deserved award it got. It was the only show I have watched in years that I could clearly tell the Background and Characters were separate.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
meanwhile

Josuke is now a robot thief and Waamu is a robot bull wrestler, and video game Rohan Kishibe is a space dragonman

That's one avenue that would have been great to explorer, instead of the deadbeat father Kosaku we got, if he was a star employee who was in the spotlight.

Part 4 would've been a helluva lot shorter if it was "Yoshikage Kira can't catch a fucking break" instead of "Yoshikage Kira just wants a quiet life".

real talk I'm pretty sure if I had a band that served as the name for some crazy ass time-skipping power in some wacky as fuck manga full of music references, I'd be going all in on it

What I'm saying is I want a King Crimson ED and for the official subs to use King Crimson

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Any other artists out there that know about their Jojo reference?

Considering Lady Gaga seems to be a One Piece fan, I'm sure she would love to see Born This Way in Jojolion.

Doukou

Any other artists out there that know about their Jojo reference?

Considering Lady Gaga seems to be a One Piece fan, I'm sure she would love to see Born This Way in Jojolion.

Not an artist, but Clint Eastwood knows about Jotaro and has met Araki

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I went to a show of his a few months after the fact. He likes to bridge his performances with a few clips of his appearances in other shows, ranging from Dexter's Lab to My Little Pony. I was hoping to god that he'd play the JoJo clip.

Sadly, it did not happen.
Damn it, that was one of the first things that came to mind when I saw the clip. "man, how cool would it be if they showed it during his concerts when he does a clip show of all his cameos?"

Damn it, that was one of the first things that came to mind when I saw the clip. "man, how cool would it be if they showed it during his concerts when he does a clip show of all his cameos?"

Yeah, but my buddy was ecstatic that they showed the MLP clip. He loves that stuff.

Breads

Banned
Who is this Ya... suho(?) character in the latest chapter of Jojolion. She's cute! Apparently she was just a phone call away.

Voror

http://imgur.com/a/zBWUz

Few pictures I took of the books. For the Stand catalog, some go for just two pages but others go on for multiple pages especially if they have different forms or new abilities. Killer Queen for instance is around 5-6 if I remember right.

cntr

Banned
You know, everybody talks about Josuke forgiving almost everyone in DiU, but Joseph basically did the same thing in BT.

Including a goddamn Nazi.

Frimaire

You know, everybody talks about Josuke forgiving almost everyone in DiU, but Joseph basically did the same thing in BT.

Who did Joseph even forgive besides Stroheim and kind of Wham?
I mean, he straight up kills Straits, Santana, Esidisi and Kars(basically).

SalvaPot

Josuke kind of cheated with his power, he could beat the crap out of anyone and then heal them, not healing them would be kind of dickish.

Huh, I just realized Giorno is kind of an anti-hero Josuke.

Tizoc

February can't get here enough. When was the JoJo event again?
I also need to remind myself to not renew my CR subscription.

Also I think I will go with this image for Giorno's profile in the OT

Koichi is now what? 16 in Part 5? Dude got shorter.
"Haruno Shiobana"
tumblr_mfrlwhRkZk1qeumowo1_250.gif

Giorno just stuffed his whole ear into his ear hole.
So this dude just got his head caved in by a spade because he attacked a stand manifested frog. God damn.
Koichi: "Giorno's a serene person...even if he did steal all my shit."
6073355+_bee43c3e71070ec06dd6062b69350f0c.jpg

Dreamed of being a Gangstar:
Giornocolorat1.png

I actually like Giorno so far. Shit ass parents and he gets straightened out by a dude that he found with a hole in his chest.
Did Buccellati just warp Luca's fingers into Giorno's mouth?
So Buccellati puts a zipper on whatever he touches NANIIII???!!!
Fuck I ran out I need more of Part 5 in color!!!
So did Buccellati get placed under a genjutsu when he got hit with Gold Experience? He got more "life" but...what?

So it was announced today that the JO STARS are making an appearance as a musical guest at a local anime con down here in AZ. I found out while I was on the can at work and it basically took every fiber of my being to not scream my lungs out. So fuckin' pumped!

It's funny because I was talking to a buddy about how I would love to see JO STARS or JO UNITED live one day but it was a total pipe dream, but here we are. I seem to get pretty lucky down here in AZ because another con has gotten Lotus Juice, Yumi Kawamura, and Shihoko Hirata of Persona 3 and Persona 4 fame to show up a couple times and that has always been super amazing. Along with Ai Maeda of Digimon as well.

cntr

Banned
You joke, but that's part of how Koichi "figured out" that "Giorno Giovanna" comes from "Haruno Shiobana"

Giorno just stuffed his whole ear into his ear hole.
That's actually a Dio reference, somehow, since Dio had three lucky birthmarks on his ear, while Giorno has three ladybugs on his clothes, a symbol of luck. So he does the ear thing as a bizarre callback.

So Buccellati puts a zipper on whatever he touches NANIIII???!!!
Sticky Fingers is great.

So did Buccellati get placed under a genjutsu when he got hit with Gold Experience? He got more "life" but...what?
Because of the extra life energy put into him, his mind started working faster, but his body didn't. 'Cause yeah.

"I could put that fire extinguisher in your mouth if I wanted to." How do people not like Vento Aureo?
You joke, but that's part of how Koichi "figured out" that "Giorno Giovanna" comes from "Haruno Shiobana"

That's actually a Dio reference, somehow, since Dio had three lucky birthmarks on his ear, while Giorno has three ladybugs on his clothes, a symbol of luck. So he does the ear thing as a bizarre callback.

Sticky Fingers is great.

Because of the extra life energy put into him, his mind started working faster, but his body didn't. 'Cause yeah.
Is it weird that Jotaro wants no part of confronting Giorno?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom