• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just glad Araki didn't forget about the best guy from the Duwang Gang. I mean yeah Rohan got spin offs, but I think Koichi's just as cool as Rohan, he's just...different.

Astral

I finally got around to reading the newest chapter. Looks like Araki watched It Follows lol. I'm guessing Blue Hawaii is a reference to that Elvis Presley movie? We doing movie references now? Then again, Elvis is in it so technically it's also a music reference. Either way it's a cool name. I hated the Stand at first but now I'm loving it.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I finally got around to reading the newest chapter. Looks like Araki watched It Follows lol. I'm guessing Blue Hawaii is a reference to that Elvis Presley movie? We doing movie references now? Then again, Elvis is in it so technically it's also a music reference. Either way it's a cool name. I hated the Stand at first but now I'm loving it.

If you want to get technical with the reference, it's actually a song that Bing Crosby sung in one of his films. Elvis covered it and used it in the film. Araki's probably referencing the Elvis version, though.

GOT THE SPEED, LET'S DRIVE THIS WAGON.

I just dig the fact it's Lotus Juice rappin', i.e. the guy from Persona 3's Mass Destruction.
I kind of sort of don't like that song or rather I just don't like the opening of that song....Deep Breath Deep Breath is my jam though.

7c7.jpg

Seriously, where do I buy that? I'm in the market.

cntr

Banned
I'm undecided on whether that guy was trolling or not, and I'm honestly surprised it took us so long to get blatant part 8 spoilers in the DiU thread

Someone let me know when they finish the new translation so I can finish my reread and not face the crushing despair I already deal with waiting for new Jojolion

Oh holy shit at the picture in the anime thread, I feel so bad for that guy lmao, he must be feeling genuinely misled. I totally get the confusion that would lead to such a mistake.

he's not trolling is he

Lol some of you guys gotta know when to no-sell a spoiler. Whether that dude was legit or not that pic probably could've been waved off as over stylized fanart.

Like, I'll give that dude benefit of the doubt that he really didn't know it was Part 8, it was ultimately harmless. Even Pop o Matic's elaborate spoiler explanation is so context-free that it just sounds like gibberish

Tizoc

tHAT jojo event can't get here soon enough.
I need my Part 5 confirmation and whether ther eis a new game in the works or not.

Astral

tHAT jojo event can't get here soon enough.
I need my Part 5 confirmation and whether ther eis a new game in the works or not.

Man a whole new game might be announced and they'll stilll have nothing to work with for Part 8 lol. Maybe they can add a few playable villains I guess. And Josuke will most definitely get that shovel added to his moveset.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I thought about why Kira never used Sheer Heart Attack again, but then it makes sense.

He basically stayed hidden until he got discovered by Hayato, he got Bites the Dust and that was more than enough to keep him hidden, until Josuke discovered him and he found using Stray Cat's air bullets was a better use of his powers than the tank.
When he was cornered, Bites the Dust would have been easier to use. It backfired of course thanks to Koichi, Jotaro and Mr Ambulance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom