• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Goddamn, my dude Koichi looking like a prime 'shove me inside a locker' target.

Yukako's a babe though, hello.

Astral

I did not expect JoJoVeller to be so...big

Pardon the shitty quality I never could get a proper picture with my phone =_=
But bah gawd is this book BEAUTIFUL.

Fucking hell man. I gotta get on this shit. I love Araki's art too much not to buy this. Maybe after a couple of paychecks. I went ahead and ordered volume 2 of the part 3 JoJonium though. I didn't realize it was out already. Can't wait to get my hands on that sexy grandpa cover.

Tizoc

Those gigantic pages filled with colored Araki art through the ages+modern style artwork
tumblr_inline_oh2zm88nJZ1rw41rx_500.gif

EDIT:
tumblr_ok4b19hxgh1s2kojso1_1280.png

These old ass fan translations have not aged well.

Well Sticky Fingers looks pretty cool, wasn't expecting that. Lol Buccellati avoided getting his block knocked off by attaching a zipper to a bus wall and ducking out of it. "Buccellati's inside of one of these people wearing them like a suit." Gross. "I gave life to your tooth, which I knocked out and transformed it into a fly...." What the fuck am I fucking reading...

Querilous

Banned
So how many fights is this movie going to have, anyway? We know they've cast Angelo and Keiicho. Presumably Yukako's fight is in there too. Assuming they end on, what, RHCP? What else would you put in there?

So how many fights is this movie going to have, anyway? We know they've cast Angelo and Keiicho. Presumably Yukako's fight is in there too. Assuming they end on, what, RHCP? What else would you put in there?

Angelo and Okuyasu brothers for sure. I expect the movie to end on a cliffhanger with Yukako which will be retrofitted to be the debut of echoes.

Anybody watched the Vento Aureo fandub? First episode is a little rough, but it's much improved by the second one

There's also one of SO (can hardly wait for when this reaches Goo Goo Dolls) and SBR

cntr

Banned
Continuing the chart from the DiU thread, since I was curious:
Joseph: 195 cm (6'5")
Jotaro: 195 cm (6'5")
Josuke: 185 cm (6'1") (mentioned in the manga that he's still growing taller)
Okuyasu: 178 cm (5'10")
Koichi: 157 cm (5'1") (but drawn shorter)
Yukako: 167 cm (5'6")
Giorno: 172 (5'8")
Buccellati: 178 cm (5'10")
Trish: 163 cm (5'4")

Jolyne: 174 (5'9")
Foo Fighters: 164 cm (5'4")
Hermes: 175 cm (5'9")

Only doing a few since otherwise it'd get too tedious. Dunno what Johhny and Gappy's heights are.

Only doing a few since otherwise it'd get too tedious. Dunno what Johhny and Gappy's heights are.

Their heights aren't disclosed, but Gyro's around six feet tall (maybe six foot one) while Johnny is noticeably shorter than him (maybe three or four inches). Johnny's definitely closer to Giorno's height. He might actually be smaller.

As for Gappy, he's supposed to be around Jotaro in terms of size, but with a more realistic build rather than Jotaro's absurd bodybuilder physique (a consequence of being created for a shonen manga in the 80's). Portrayals of him with Jotaro in Araki's current style tend to put them around the same height.

Giorno's the youngest Jojo, so that makes sense

And on a technicality, Gappy is the oldest JoJo to be the protagonist of the part they appeared in, beating out Jonathan (who was 20). Being the fusion of a 20 and 29 year old, he's biologically around 24 years old (even though he considers himself to be a teenager).

cntr

Banned
He's not split down the sides either, he's sort of mixed together. Only his tongue and eyes are so cleanly split.

Giorno's the youngest Jojo, so that makes sense
Wait...how is he younger than Josuke...oh yeah...it's not like Dio hopped out that coffin smashing chicks so it makes sense, oh yeah it sounds like he was born before SDC even happened. Giorno's 16? I know I read the age but I completely forgot it when standu bullshit happened during the Buccellatti fight.

cntr

Banned
They don't really make it obvious though. SDC makes it seem like he's been out of the coffin for like a month or two.
It's probably clearer as a manga since the date is right there for you to look at, rather than some off-handed line of dialogue that I don't even remember

cntr

Banned
Nah, if you listen to what he says, he's just randomly waxing about cars, he doesn't act like they're anything new to him at all

He's not split down the sides either, he's sort of mixed together. Only his tongue and eyes are so cleanly split.

I know. It was a joke. He's obviously not split down the middle, otherwise half his hair would be a pompadour (and he'd have heterochromia instead of having his eye color be halved per eye). I was just being silly.

Astral

Even Jolyne is pretty tall for a girl. She's an inch taller than me lol. I wish I had some Joestar blood in me. I don't care if it means being one of Dio's bastard sons.

So Giorno's biological brother is...Jorge Joestar, meaning Giorno is Joseph's uncle.

Still waiting on the re-scanned translation until I finally completely read through VA (which may be within a few months from now). In my circles it's actually the second-favorite, or even favorite part (consistency-wise) for more than a couple friends

Doesn't (HxH spoilers toward the end of the 2011 reboot anime)
female Chimera Ant Kite
kinda look like (homestretch of Vento Aureo namedrop)
Doppio
if he was female?

Jojos bizarre adventure is a spinoff the highly successful "Jorge Joestar". After Jorge Joestar brought joy and imagination to millions, they decided to follow up with the less acclaimed but nevertheless popular JoJos bizarre adventure.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm sorry wut

That's one of the many many MANY WTF plot elements of the novel Jorge Joestar.
It's revealed Made in Heaven managed to reset the universe 36 times, and it's not a universal reset, just an Earth reset, and every timeline Battle Tendency happens and sends Kars into space, and after it happens so many times they form a community on Mars.

JORGE JOESTAR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom