• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
Yeah I know but the Jojo wiki is being moronic

They're disc stands he used on himself. No need to complicate it.

Astral

Can't wait till Jaded gets to the Pursuer arc. That's really where I started loving Part 6 and it was just a whole bunch of highs after that.

I see the JoJo wiki calling Buccellati "Bucciarati." I guess that's his official name now, or they're basing his name from the old scans?

cntr

Banned
I see the JoJo wiki calling Buccellati "Bucciarati." I guess that's his official name now, or they're basing his name from the old scans?
The Jojo wiki is stupid. Some recent official material spelled it "Bucciarati", so they decided to use it. Despite, you know, Japan not being the best at spelling this kind of stuff.

It's definitely meant to be Buccellati.

cntr

Banned
https://skyholic.tumblr.com/post/162579478844/crimes-for-dimes-filthy-acts-at-a-reasonable

Crimes for Dimes
Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price
Filthy Favors for a Fair Fee
Unclean Proceedings for a Low Cost
Shitty Edits with Average Photoshop Skills
Kindly Deeds Done for Free
Dastardly Doings Delivered for Dollars and Cents
Bad Shit from the Bargain Bin
Unethical Doings for Frugal Individuals
Sinister Shenanigans Supplied at Satisfactory Rates
Unclean Undertakings Ushered Under Budget
Garbage Shitpost with No Effort
Thirty Thieves and the Thunder Chief
Salacious Schemes Sold for a Steal
Dirty Seeds Done Dirt Kids
Unlawful Doings Done Inexpensively
Unrefined Actions Performed Poorly Priced
Cost-efficient Objectives Performed Rather Cheaply

cntr

Banned
Also, from the guy who did the Final Fantasy logos earlier:
sk8e0qv7tp6z9msbn.gif

...and also also, the Rohan OVA's apparently going to have its own OP? And maybe its own ED?

Also, from the guy who did the Final Fantasy logos earlier:

...and also also, the Rohan OVA's apparently going to have its own OP? And maybe its own ED?

I thought the Rohan OVA was already out. Or is it the last Blu-Ray came out a short time ago, and the OVA you use the BRs to redeem for is out later?

cntr

Banned
Yeah, I see the situation they were in, but I can't see that ending being received anything but badly. They'd have to stretch so hard to make it work.

Querilous

Banned

Wow. That's just.....what?

I mean we all knew Kira was going to be in the movie somehow, but I didn't expect him to just take over Akira's role in the plot. That's just silly.
Also totally fucks with the reason Joseph comes to Morioh. Now you've got to say Joseph came to track Kira, but couldn't because reasons.

Spitballing here, better plot: Akira wants the arrow because he knows about/intends to fight Kira? Still really hack, but doesn't totally go against Kira's character. And it's not like Akira's character is particularly well developed in the manga, you can take some liberties with him.

Ezalc

Akira wouldn't really do that either, he wants to be rich but is lazy and just gets his stand to do everything he wants since it's pretty bullshit broken. There's no reason for him to go after what you're saying given that it doesn't really get him anything; money, women or fame.

Wow. That's just.....what?

I mean we all knew Kira was going to be in the movie somehow, but I didn't expect him to just take over Akira's role in the plot. That's just silly.
Also totally fucks with the reason Joseph comes to Morioh. Now you've got to say Joseph came to track Kira, but couldn't because reasons.

Spitballing here, better plot: Akira wants the arrow because he knows about/intends to fight Kira? Still really hack, but doesn't totally go against Kira's character. And it's not like Akira's character is particularly well developed in the manga, you can take some liberties with him.
What the? Half of the fun of Kira is him coming from out of nowhere and nuking the shit out of Shigechi.

cntr

Banned
Just have Akira show up, but tie Shigechi into his plot as part of the second movie, and then have Kira kill Shigechi as usual.

Maybe Keicho
stole his and his dad's arrow instead of Keicho just having his own. And, with this Kira now having apparent knowledge of Stands, he wasn't fond of all the potential obstacles to his quiet life which Keicho was creating

Querilous

Banned
Akira wouldn't really do that either, he wants to be rich but is lazy and just gets his stand to do everything he wants since it's pretty bullshit broken. There's no reason for him to go after what you're saying given that it doesn't really get him anything; money, women or fame.

Unless they're writing Akira out entirely they're going to have mess with his motivations anyway now. I agree this isn't a good solution at all, but Akira's really only one step removed from a monster-of-the-week, so messing with his personality is at least less of a HERESY than messing with Kira.

Just have Akira show up, but tie Shigechi into his plot as part of the second movie, and then have Kira kill Shigechi as usual.

There's no way they approve a DiU movie with no Kira until a hypothetical sequel. You have to tease him somehow.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
That ending sounds awful, and it makes me think that a possible sequel would just completely cut out
Joseph and Shigechi entirely. There's no need for Shigechi at all now that Kira has already been established. Skipping RHCP entirely would be a good excuse to avoid hiring a Japanese actor to play Joseph. Might as well just skip right to the actual SHA fight, followed by ghost dad, maybe include a filler stand user, and then finally get to Bites the Dust in a third film

StayDead

RE the spoilers, meh I wasn't expecting good things from the movie anyway.

RE Part 6 so far - Jolyene is damned awesome. Best proper Jojo since Joseph imo. Giorno just behind.

Tizoc

Jaded you need to read the next STOry in Part 6 just so you can finall acknowledge that you live in a world where
Breaking News: Limp Bizkit summons Invisible Zombie Alligators from within Florida Prison

Jaded you need to read the next STOry in Part 6 just so you can finall acknowledge that you live in a world where
Breaking News: Limp Bizkit summons Invisible Zombie Alligators from within Florida Prison
I'm at the beginning of Savage Garden, I don't even know what to expect from this. Some gorilla running dude that fucks with gravity just seemed to have stolen the Star Platinum CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom