• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Hasney

Ok, can someone explain to me the benefit of bringing Punk back to WWE other than cheap ratings bumps? It's not going to do anything to fix the problems as the problems are not really between the ropes.

But if the guy at the top doesn't see them as problems, having a big name is a "fix" to numbers "inexplicably going down".

Ok, can someone explain to me the benefit of bringing Punk back to WWE other than cheap ratings bumps? It's not going to do anything to fix the problems as the problems are not really between the ropes.

Ehh he'd immediately add a dynamic mic worker that can actually be a face, which is 100% something WWE is missing badly.

But if the guy at the top doesn't see them as problems, having a big name is a "fix" to numbers "inexplicably going down".

Well yeah, but I'm speaking from a fan perspective. The only reason I can see it is people then going "Yeah but Punk" anytime someone knocks current WWE. I just don't see the value he brings when there is already a wealth of talent.

If CM Punk went back to WWE, how big would the pop be?

If it was a surprise (a la Hardys) and/or in Chicago, it'd be the biggest of its' year, easy. Which I suppose says a lot about how over (or not) the current roster is.

Don't see it happening for a few years, if at all, mind.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Punk would be a really easy story to tell. Gives them a few months of must see tv at least. If even for just a few months Raw is must watch, it's a pretty big benefit.

I still don't think Punk will ever go back without some form of MMA success

Even if it doesn't actually matter for fake sports because it would be like him coming back as a loser with his tail between his legs or something. Regardless of both parties having everything to gain

Yo NJPW faitful....someone gotta explain Yoshi-Hashi too me? I feel like over the last year the dudes been popping up more and more instead of being in the 6-8 man multi-team matches that were low-card.

Even if it doesn't actually matter for fake sports because it would be like him coming back as a loser with his tail between his legs or something. Regardless of both parties having everything to gain

None of this really matters cause it's all a work

Also he's shit at MMA so that would take a while, and he'd have to cut his teeth on the local circuit, something he's both too old and too rich to do

Zach

I thought Mil Muertes would be taller. Pretty sure this guy is just Dean Malenko under a hood, brother.

I still like his look, though. And schtick. And his valet ain't bad either.

Spuck-uk

Banned
NJPW should make a play for both Punk and Bryan next year if they really want to expand.

Also Bryan should not accept and also never wrestle again. But I think it would really benefit Punk, it'd make a nicer way to bow out of wrestling then he has, and he needs the money as wwf are trying to bleed him dry with the court case.

Plus it'd piss hhh off

NJPW don't need Punk. Riddle would be a way better pickup, if he could keep off the weed.

If wrestling fans are waiting for him to get an MMA win before he comes back, yall are better off just accepting now that he's never coming back.

If wrestling fans are waiting for him to get an MMA win before he comes back, yall are better off just accepting now that he's never coming back.
Pretty much, yeah

Even other cases with people leaving on bad terms was them just being pissed off and not wanting to deal with it anymore. I think between Punk being bitter but also having a mindset of "I'm gonna go do all these other things, I don't need you guys" is what will keep him away

I mean the dude doesn't even want to talk about wrestling in his interviews, and lists himself in appearances as "comic book writer" and "MMA fighter"

From what I've read and such regarding Punk's departure I get a strong sense he's too proud to come back. It'd be him admitting that he needs WWE more than WWE needs him.

So what I think I love about NJPW, and I guess non-WWE feds in general, is how they can completely remove affiliations and factions without "drama" for the sake of a tournament or whatever. Seeing Goto and Ishii just wreck each other right away is just so great to sell how important G1 is.

Goku? YOSHI's look's based on the monkey king, Sun Wukong - hence the staff, and the cloud motifs on his merch and gear.

*edit, wait, Sun Wukong is Son Goku in Japanese, so Goku's also based on Sun Wukong :p

Umm....

Didn't Suwama essentially say if he sees Kojima again... He's gonna get merked?

Holy shit I have got to see this!

Yup, Suwama said at the time he'd kill Kojima if he ever got in the ring with him haha. Grudge match is an understatement.

Beefy

I thought Mil Muertes would be taller. Pretty sure this guy is just Dean Malenko under a hood, brother.

I still like his look, though. And schtick. And his valet ain't bad either.

Mil is a small dude, but is built like mad. Dude is 42!

Goku? YOSHI's look's based on the monkey king, Sun Wukong - hence the staff, and the cloud motifs on his merch and gear.

*edit, wait, Sun Wukong is Son Goku in Japanese, so Goku's also based on Sun Wukong

Yes, but American nerds only think of DBZ when they hear the name Goku, despite Journey to the West being adapted about 80 billion times.

Yoshi-HASHI's problem is that at the end of the day all that he is is a decent wrestler in a company where being a decent wrestler is basically the bare minimum requirement unless you're a big dude or Taichi

YOSHI-HASHI married Ayumi Kurihara, so he's wining at life.

aW56Lpm.gif

Yoshi-HASHI's problem is that at the end of the day all that he is is a decent wrestler in a company where being a decent wrestler is basically the bare minimum requirement unless you're a big dude or Taichi

Doesn't explain Yoshitatsu, but I think New Japan is looking for any excuse to get rid of him. Sending him to Mexico, sending him to AJPW, etc.

I agree that Y-H's ceiling is likely the NEVER six-man belts, but he's a good underdog who sells well, and I like his tag team with Okada.

Doesn't explain Yoshitatsu, but I think New Japan is looking for any excuse to get rid of him. Sending him to Mexico, sending him to AJPW, etc.

I agree that Y-H's ceiling is likely the NEVER six-man belts, but he's a good underdog who sells well, and I like his tag team with Okada.

Tatsu is barely a regular anymore though.

https://t.co/JdK4uWb382 SI says Rey's entertaining offers from GFW and WWE

Wouldn't look too much into the WWE side, they're still very much on the "if we have you we want to use you" kick they were when he left, and he's still very much "my knees are fucked and I don't want to work 17 shows a month on them" which he was when he left. All signs point to him going GFW, and Konnan having more power/friends

Top Bottom