• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

thats a very good point and a sentiment i have expressed as well. That first quarter of the year was absolutely brutal with every big name title being an 80-100 experience.

Nier, Horizon, Persona, Zelda, Mass Effect (lol but you get my meaning), Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza...

Absolutely brutal

Yeah I still havent finished Nier and I dropped Persona. The pacing in Persona is really atrocious. The only one of those I finished was Yakuza and I dont think out of those 3 I have played any other AAA games this year.

Games I've bought this year: RE7, For Honor, Tekken 7, PuyoTetris, ARMS, Splatoon 2.

The only one I feel like I could've skipped was For Honor. I really don't feel like I'm missing much by not playing the latest "Great Open World Game" though, it's nice.

Also nice not caring about JRPGs

Raw64life

G1 starts at 2:30 AM EST for whatever reason tonight. Most G1 shows are way later. Looks like Omega/Suzuki will probably start around 5 AM. Don't know if I'll be able to wake myself up for that.

Game lengths for me so far this year:

DQVIII - 60 hours
Yakuza 0 - 50 hours
BOTW - 90 hours
DQH2 - 50 hours
MK8 - 20 hours

I was hyped for Nier and have been waiting for a price drop, but I definitely don't like the sound of "you have to play it 5 times to get the definitive ending". I like games where you can beat it once and get pretty much the whole experience. Even though I loved BOTW I'm generally sick of open world games. Give me linearity.

Hex

Banned
Games I bought this year...Tekken 7, Injustice 2, Street Fighter V , Friday the 13th, Yakuza 0, Neir , Horizon, Fire Pro, Playerun Battleground (actually Street Fighter was last year)
The last Batman Arkham game too...oh and Final Fantasy 15

Have not touched Final Fantasy 15, Neir, Arkham, been a hot minute since I got on SFV too
Oh shit yes I did pick up RE 7, have not opened it yet.

Egg0

Banned
I'm 80 hours deep into Persona 5 and I think I might be 3/4 of the way done.

Although I just bought Injustice 2 and am enjoying the story mode.

I'm scared:

Switch
BOTW: 130 hrs
Mario Kart 8: 45
ARMS: 20
Binding of Isaac: 20
Blaster Master: 10

PS4
Yakuza 0: 70hrs
Gravity Rush 2: 50-60
Nier: 60 hrs
Final Fantasy XII: 15 hrs
Ratchet and Clank: 10
Injustice 2: 15
Horizon: 40 ish?

Xbox One:
Halo 5 mp and Rocket League. Man, I really haven't touched the box a lot this year.,

Off top of my head. There are more :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It was around the time that the main quest i was on in Horizon ZD sent me to the 5th location of where the npc was supposed to be and goes ' HMMMMMMMMM SHES NOT HERE EITHER' that I said 'ok this games not respecting my time anymore'

which is what all the big acclaimed games of 2017 feel like.

G1 starts at 2:30 AM EST for whatever reason tonight. Most G1 shows are way later. Looks like Omega/Suzuki will probably start around 5 AM. Don't know if I'll be able to wake myself up for that.

Game lengths for me so far this year:

DQVIII - 60 hours
Yakuza 0 - 50 hours
BOTW - 90 hours
DQH2 - 50 hours
MK8 - 20 hours

I was hyped for Nier and have been waiting for a price drop, but I definitely don't like the sound of "you have to play it 5 times to get the definitive ending". I like games where you can beat it once and get pretty much the whole experience. Even though I loved BOTW I'm generally sick of open world games. Give me linearity.

G1 is at 2:30am PST tonight not EST.

Egg0

Banned
I'm also having a great time on Battlegrounds. I've put at least 20 hours into, but it's not prolonged sessions.

I get in, get spicy, get out. Repeat if I die super quick.

Pikma

Banned
There's (what appears to be) a little game on 3DS made by GREZZO called Ever Oasis, it is without a doubt my GOTY and one of my favorite games ever.

2017 is alright in my book

Zach

I should really play Yakuza 0 since I got it on release. But. You know. I kinda started Resident Evil 7. Which has been annoying and good so far. I'm not super far in, though.

Hex

Banned
I swear some people have a way to cheat online, I do not know if turbo controllers help or what but I can walk through some people, walk through the pc, but every now and then there are people I can not get one move off on and they just spam like two moves over and over

Anth0ny

Nintendo will be out of business in #5Years.

English vs Dillinger again on the preshow. Tye is never gonna do anything which I expected but am still surprised at how little he's done.

What chapter are you on?

Rosters are stacked.

GBoF had only one non women's match that didn't have at least one former WWE Champ

Smackdown has less former champions but is basically almost all main eventers

DFGXHkGUQAEcxIt.jpg

Darylbus

Also fav 5 games this year so far, no order:

Persona 5
Yakuza 0
Prey
Friday the 13th
Nier Automata

Honorable mentions: Resident Evil 7 and Fire Pro Wrestling World

I was watching NXT tonight and came to a conclusion. I think we are about at the point where the "women's wrestling" chant should disappear. It was fine when the audience was trying to tell WWE to push women and such, but I think we're at a point now where it's just demeaning to the workers. Like Ember Moon and Ruby Riot were putting on a great match and the crowd was chanting about empowerment rather than the story they were trying to tell.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This was just the year that I discovered that I really know what I like and the chances of something 'changing my opinion from playing it' are slim to none.

I like shooting things. I'm not ashamed of it.

Foggy

I was watching NXT tonight and came to a conclusion. I think we are about at the point where the "women's wrestling" chant should disappear. It was fine when the audience was trying to tell WWE to push women and such, but I think we're at a point now where it's just demeaning to the workers. Like Ember Moon and Ruby Riot were putting on a great match and the crowd was chanting about empowerment rather than the story they were trying to tell.

It's certainly to the point that it's patronizing

Pikma

Banned
I had the exact same thought when watching that match but then remembered it's Full Sail, I'm thankful enough they aren't yelling disgusting shit at them like they used to do with Andrade

Dijak says he's not taking indie bookings anymore. We all know what that means.

I had the exact same thought when watching that match but then remembered it's Full Sail, I'm thankful enough they aren't yelling disgusting shit at them like they used to do with Andrade

It's happened outside of Full Sail too. I definitely remember it happening at WWE shows. It's just a dumb chant that needs to go away. The intentions are good, so I get why they do it, but it ultimately comes off bad.

Like, I know they are going to do it during the MYC, and WWE will probably love that because it helps them push their narrative.

Top Bottom