• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Reminder that Heel Champion Sasha vs. Bayley at Summerslam was the plan when Bayley won the belt. Sasha was supposed to turn post-WM and take the belt from her.

But the new they decided to swap Bliss to Raw, and the rest was history.

oh noooooo

https://twitter.com/Madusa_rocks/status/890674424491499520

nlq6mtvl.png

What tweet?

Jamie OD

I don't expect Asuka to get called up. I'm stuck in thinking they want to keep her for the original reason she was signed and that's to keep the quality up for the NXT women's division while others move up.

Really, this is probably the best case scenario that is actually realistic for Raw Women's booking going forward. Sasha turns on Bayley at SS and costs her the match. Asuka debuts after SS and feuds with Bliss. Sasha "wins" the feud with Bayley while Asuka beats Bliss for the title. Then at Survivor Series you do Heel Sasha vs. Champion Asuka. Sasha wins. You have her not wanting to give Bayley a title shot. Then they do their Women's Royal Rumble that they are planning, Bayley wins, and you do the real feud blowoff at WM and Bayley wins the belt.

I don't think that will happen, but to me it's probably the best way forward with respect to all involved.

I don't expect Asuka to get called up. I'm stuck in thinking they want to keep her for the original reason she was signed and that's to keep the quality up for the NXT women's division while others move up.

She is 100% being called up. Triple H said a few months ago he was looking forward to seeing her against Sasha, Charlotte, and the rest of the main roster women. He wouldn't say that if there were no plans to call her up.

Reminder that Heel Champion Sasha vs. Bayley at Summerslam was the plan when Bayley won the belt. Sasha was supposed to turn post-WM and take the belt from her.

But the new they decided to swap Bliss to Raw, and the rest was history.
I do wonder if Bliss would be the biggest reason to not have heel Sasha since they are sort of similar characters (with Alexa being more comedic)

I do think they could actually turn Alexa and have her be more of a KO/AJ tweener, because again, she can be funny.

I think a Bliss/Heel Sasha feud would be a nice thing to fill time before a Bayley feud. God help us if they do 6 months of Sasha/Bayley every week

Honestly, I'm not sure if you turn Sasha, she's probably the most over face they have, women's side.

The logic in wrestling really is to turn acts when they are their most over, as people care about them the most in that moment therefore will be more invested in the turn. Plus if you have Asuka coming up and plan to book her well, at least initially, that will nullify the loss of Sasha to a degree.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You could just as easily have Sasha cost Bayley the match. Have her cut a promo about how Bayley is a loser who doesn't deserve the title. Then you have a title feud and a hot Sasha/Bayley program, as opposed to both being condensed into one.

Then you have to do a heel vs. heel match to give Sasha the title. They're not going to do a Bliss vs. ????? program AND a Bayley vs. Sasha program, unless they've very much changed their booking philosophy.

Then you have to do a heel vs. heel match to give Sasha the title. They're not going to do a Bliss vs. ????? program AND a Bayley vs. Sasha program, unless they've very much changed their booking philosophy.

Why wouldn't they? They've done as many as three women's feuds at a time on SD, and that show has an hour less of TV to fill.

i wish WWE was ran more like a sport than sport entertainment...

Its going to break my heart to see Asuka, this amazing "wrestler" get put into silly sports entertainment segments.....

Sigh, at least i have fire pro wrestling.

Also

My boy Braun got ,punked out by Karen Jarrett and now i dont think i can look at him the same ever again..

i wish WWE was ran more like a sport than sport entertainment...

Its going to break my heart to see Asuka, this amazing "wrestler" get put into silly sports entertainment segments.....

Sigh, at least i have fire pro wrestling.

Also

My boy Braun got ,punked out by Karen Jarrett and now i dont think i can look at him the same ever again..

How many silly segments has Nakamura been in since he started? Other than having to stand in a ring while Dolph Ziggler cuts his bad promos, I can't think of any.

How many silly segments has Nakamura been in since he started? Other than having to stand in a ring while Dolph Ziggler cuts his bad promos, I can't think of any.
Does that time Zayn was with him and Styles, and said they were three of the greatest wrestlers in the world while Styles casually rolled his eyes, count as silly?

Does that time Zayn was with him and Styles, and said they were three of the greatest wrestlers in the world while Styles casually rolled his eyes, count as silly?

Not really, because that doesn't really affect Nakamura. It's just Sami doing dumb stuff.

Plus the segment was all of a minute.

Beefy

HBO slave series thread is dope...

I am curious what time era this will take place. Technically the Civil War was not about slavery it was about how the South wanted to leave the Union and be their own country. Could you imagine the impact on WW1 and WW2 if that would of happended? There are way more variables that just slavery to this.

HBO slave series thread is dope...

How does the saying go?

Those who know nothing about the Civil War think it was about slavery. Those who know a little about the Civil War think it was about State's Rights. Those who studied the Civil War know it was about slavery.

"Trump" has been like a four letter word on WWE TV since he got elected. WWE is stupid. But they aren't that stupid.

And yes, I know Vince took pictures in the WH, but none of that was acknowledged on TV.

The problem with bringing up Asuka is that it's impossible to book Asuka in any way other than "immediately wins the title and never loses" the same as she's booked in NXT. The Bayley/Sasha storyline would be a bit random without the title being involved, or someone just going over Asuka.

The lack of title could be the reason for the Bayley/Sasha feud.

Sasha gets pissed that Bayley never is in position to give her a shot.

Top Bottom