• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just got beat up badly: How do you guys fight? (if at all...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
You need to get yourself a couple of buddies and fight back!

This is the only thing you can do to redeem yourself. Sad truth. And I don't recommend it. Battle is lost, forget about it and take the shit like a man.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
They kicked you while you were on the ground? Not cool.

Well, one's feet are so much closer when the target is on the ground.

LosDaddie

Banned
lol, this is an almost non-existant opinion on gaf but just cause she's a girl doesn't mean she can't be my bro.

QFT one of my best friends happens to have a vagina.

That's coo...

I've been really tight with her for about 6 years. There is sexual tension once in a while which is inevitable but I just attempt to get with her friends.

Even though it's a bit different since we used to fuck off an on again for a few years when we were both single just because we had good sexual chemistry.

:lol

Yeah, keep telling yourselves that these girls are just like your guy friends.

S. L.

I listen to my inner sensei and remember that for:

Defence: Hold back!
Offence: Quarter circle forward punch!

Kick! Punch! It’s all in the mind
If you wanna test me, I’m sure you’ll find
The things I’ll teach ya is sure to beat ya
But nevertheless you’ll get a lesson from teacher

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I can no longer give any advice about fighting.

A 120 lbs girl beat the shit out of me last night at jiujitsu.

I suck.

Gattsu25

Banned
I got beat up regularly in elementary school by a bully (only once was really bad).
My parents took me out of the school. I got beat up once in the new school and then reciprocated. Nothing too major. The beatings stopped.

I got picked on by a new student in that school and returned the favor by beating them up badly. It turns out I am uneasy around blood and I vowed never to beat someone to the point where they bleed. Only bruising from that point onward. Turns out I didn't have to worry about it. No one else fought me.

Then when I was in middle school I saw my old bully in the cafeteria. I walk up to him and remind him of who I am. I wanted to be the better man, tell him that I didn't hold any residual malice. Squash the beef. Right after I introduce myself he jumps up from his seat and starts running into the halls of the school. I give chase. I'm going to catch up to him and let him know that he shouldn't be afraid, if he just gives me my space I'll give him his. I catch up to him and he tries swinging at me and then I respond by grabbing the back of his head and smashing his face into the lockers a few times. Details are a little hazy at this point but I was told that I stomped on him a few times, too. I only remember kicking him in the side once. I collect myself and begin pushing my way through the crowd and sit back at my seat in the cafeteria. I never see the bully again, and I never got confronted by any school faculty. I get a reputation as a bad kid and start getting attention from a lot of the drug dealers and gang members in the school. Not a good situation to be in.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Having grown up in the hood you learn not to get in fights. Because if you win homeboy will just come back the next day with more people or a weapon. So i always kept in mind that if i ever have to fight someone it's always best to loose intentionally.

Facism

Going face to face with someone? Asking for a smack or two. It's a move only paid fighters and bitches pull off.

It's unfortunate you got mauled, but put it down as a learning experience. Fighting should only really be a last avenue to take. hope you heal well. don't get depressed, i think most people have had their shit knocked about.

SonnyBoy

So i always kept in mind that if i ever have to fight someone it's always best to loose intentionally.

Wow... Never had this mentality. And I'd argue that you've never really fought anyway because that's the last thing on your mind.

Spat_triate

You sound like you're still at the age where perceived masculinity is still important to you. As you get older you should (hopefully) realize that violence is only called for in very few (if any) situations. I've only had to get violent once in the last 12 years and that was purely to defend myself.

In your situation you could have avoided the beatdown by nodding at him when he said hello and going on about your business. Confronting him about it was stupid, especially because he had partners.

ChiTownBuffalo

jaxword

I got beat up regularly in elementary school by a bully (only once was really bad).
My parents took me out of the school. I got beat up once in the new school and then reciprocated. Nothing too major. The beatings stopped.

I got picked on by a new student in that school and returned the favor by beating them up badly. It turns out I am uneasy around blood and I vowed never to beat someone to the point where they bleed. Only bruising from that point onward. Turns out I didn't have to worry about it. No one else fought me.

Then when I was in middle school I saw my old bully in the cafeteria. I walk up to him and remind him of who I am. I wanted to be the better man, tell him that I didn't hold any residual malice. Squash the beef. Right after I introduce myself he jumps up from his seat and starts running into the halls of the school. I give chase. I'm going to catch up to him and let him know that he shouldn't be afraid, if he just gives me my space I'll give him his. I catch up to him and he tries swinging at me and then I respond by grabbing the back of his head and smashing his face into the lockers a few times. Details are a little hazy at this point but I was told that I stomped on him a few times, too. I only remember kicking him in the side once. I collect myself and begin pushing my way through the crowd and sit back at my seat in the cafeteria. I never see the bully again, and I never got confronted by any school faculty. I get a reputation as a bad kid and start getting attention from a lot of the drug dealers and gang members in the school. Not a good situation to be in.

How much of this actually happened?

royalan

I'm so confused by this entire paragraph. lol

And I'm just imagining someone chasing after someone yelling "Hey! I just wanna squash the beef!" then...smashing their face in. I almost spit out my oatmeal laughing.

You provoked it OP. You definitely deserved it. Shouldn't have even gone through her phone without her premission in the first place. You're an idiot.

Anyways with me, I don't fight. Never solves anything.

AVclub

Fighting is for desperate people.

That said, you should do what I do when I get my ass kicked by a group of people or monsters in Skyrim; run away then sneak back a little while later and take them all out with a bow & arrows before they even see you.

y2dvd

Sounds like OP wants to learn how to fight for the wrong reasons. It wouldn't even be in self-defense. Dude instigated the fight and is at total fault.

IrishNinja

GAF-hop fam! shit ain't right, shoulda brought one of us.

for real though, you know it was a dick move checking her phone, no more or less douchey than some of these responses. if you're looking to pick up something, i stopped at page 2 but i assume a few people pushed BJJ, that's a favorite around here and with good reason. i really dig boxing, but - and i know im the 32nd person to say this - wouldn'tve saved you in a 1 on 3, your option after the fact is pretty much run. sorry man.

Sounds like OP wants to learn how to fight for the wrong reasons. It wouldn't even be in self-defense. Dude instigated the fight and is at total fault.
no kidding; the lesson isn't to bulk up (which will still result in getting your ass kicked in 1vs3) or learning some basic self defense (which will still result in getting your ass kicked in 1vs3) but to not start shit.

Wimps

Don't fight.

But sometimes you don't have a choice.

Keep using your brains man, adrenaline takes over I know that. But if you can run, run.

Also, start working out. In your own room if necessary, push-ups, sit-ups etc. You'll notice results soon enough and it'll make you more confident about yourself.

So basicly, don't fight unless there's no other choice.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
he's an ex-boyfriend and she's your friend. Who cares if he talks shit about you and is two-faced?

Would you want to fight the ex-boyfriend of a gay male friend of yours? None of this makes sense.

I'm sure this point has been made, but from the OP:

I'm probably just gonna say I fell down the stairs if anybody asks.

No, I think letting the real story get out is completely fine:

1. Leroy talks crazy shit on you, including racial stuff because he's jealous that you're hanging out with his ex. You're not even hooking up with her, either... it's her friends you like. And you've hung out with her for six years, anyway, long before he was around.

2. When you confront him about it, he has his friends jump you in front of the mall.

I think telling the truth on this one is just fine. It makes him look like a bitch; not you. People will be on your side on this one, I'm pretty sure.

Dude instigated the fight and is at total fault.

I don't know, it sounds like the concerns he had with this guy were pretty valid. OP's delivery in the OP is kind of douchey, but hey, he was a little punchy right then.

when you are outnumbered like that there is no shame in going for a swift kick to the balls followed by a jab to the throat, assuming you even had the opportunity

In a fight situation there's never any shame involved in going to the balls. No shame in biting, scratching or pulling hair either.

No, I think letting the real story get out is completely fine:

1. Leroy talks crazy shit on you, including racial stuff because he's jealous that you're hanging out with his ex. You're not even hooking up with her, either... it's her friends you like. And you've hung out with her for six years, anyway, long before he was around.

2. When you confront him about it, he has his friends jump you in front of the mall.

I think telling the truth on this one is just fine. It makes him look like a bitch; not you. People will be on your side on this one, I'm pretty sure.

Pretty much this. Anyone asks, dudebro got pissed that you were hanging with a girl he's not even dating, and when you talk about it he gets his buddies to beat you up. Hell, wear those bruises like a fucking badge of honor, man. No need to make shit up.

AngryMoth

You shouldn't have got so wound up by whatever the guy said, sounds like he was just making a fool of himself. Just be content knowing you're a better person.

daviyoung

Banned
Pretty much this. Anyone asks, dudebro got pissed that you were hanging with a girl he's not even dating, and when you talk about it he gets his buddies to beat you up. Hell, wear those bruises like a fucking badge of honor, man. No need to make shit up.

Wearing bruises as a badge of honor? Er...

People are always sympathetic when they see someone who's hurt, so it doesn't matter if he lies or not. No-one will say 'you deserved it'.

.GqueB.

Banned
My advice to you is play Batman Arkham Asylum, watch some 24 episodes (so you can learn to use your environment to your advantage) and try your best to mimic those moves. Ive done this and Im fairly confident I can take on mobs of up to 5-10 thugs.

Maybe more.

knee

Nah, have you ever seen what happens to a person when a professional fighter hits them without a glove on?

Mitch-Green.jpg

That's the result of a glancing punch from Mike Tyson when he and Mitch Green got into it on the street. I know Mike Tyson is a poor example, but I'd always pick the pro versus 3 average males, mainly because his punches will connect at a much higher rate and they will be a lot more damaging.

The average person throws looping "wind up" punches that you can see coming from a mile away.

Does anyone have a clip of Mitch Green saying 'He hit me.... and like a sissy... he ran!

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
My advice to you is play Batman Arkham Asylum, watch some 24 episodes (so you can learn to use your environment to your advantage) and try your best to mimic those moves. Ive done this and Im fairly confident I can take on mobs of up to 5-10 thugs.

Maybe more.
perhaps if you had a hammer

pulga

Banned
This has been said a million times already, but what the fuck is wrong with you going after a guy who's backed up and you've got NO backup yourself? Irrational.

The fuck were you expecting was gonna happen?

ChiTownBuffalo

OP got beat up over a girl that her wasn't related to or was with. But he insist's he wasn't friend-zoned.

OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom