• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just got beat up badly: How do you guys fight? (if at all...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude

dude
That's coo...

:lol

Yeah, keep telling yourselves that these girls are just like your guy friends.

Ugh. I'm always amazed about how chauvinist GAF can be sometimes. I have plenty of great friends who are girls who I have no sexual attraction to, who are just like my "guy" friends. What in the world is impossible about that?

daviyoung

Banned
Ugh. I'm always amazed about how chauvinist GAF can be sometimes. I have plenty of great friends who are girls who I have no sexual attraction to, who are just like my "guy" friends. What in the world is impossible about that?

I'm playing devil's advocate here but you have to ask why he cared so much about what this guy thought of him.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Wow... Never had this mentality. And I'd argue that you've never really fought anyway because that's the last thing on your mind.

Maybe, but you'd have to understand that if you met me...you'd probably think i'm the most even tempered dude you've ever met. I only got mad enough one time in my life to deck somebody. Immediately after i realized what I had done and who I was dealing with then pretty much pleaded for mercy even though this kid wasn't exactly the largest threat. I defused the situation without a fight and long term beef. Yeah it was some bitch made stuff but at least i didn't get stomped out by his older brother or friends.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider

Because lots of Gaffers have proven time and time again they are incapable of handling any sort of relationships in mature manners without serious passive agressive issues.

Karak

First. That's a great deal and it seems like you could have escaped which is your #1 priority. However, lets go with the thought that the fight is not escapable so you can cover the "getting jumped by a group of douchebags" moment.

I have been jumped maybe 10+ times in my life and I am going to tell you this. If more than 1 person is standing around trying to kick me. I instantly feel that my life is in danger and I will attempt in all ways to kill them. That is now my #1 priority.
Because you CAN die from having someone kick you in the face or neck, or stomach while on the ground. My cousin is paralyzed from being kicked in the back of the head when he was jumped by only 2 people.

If you are on the ground getting kicked, you damn well better try to kick and punch at balls, breaks legs(you can do this by trapping a leg against your body and rolling into or sideways against the knee), break ankles by kicking out at the spot a couple inches above the ankle, and frankly do everything you can to end their life or make them no longer willing to fight. I mean full on neutering of them. You do everything you can in your power to get away and get standing.

The moment you are standing you can move Priority 1 to "running the fuck away if possible"

Now if you are not on the ground and in a normal standing fight. Some boxing classes can do wonders but unlike others who say it will teach you a good couple punches, more importantly it will teach you;
1 Footwork (this allows you to learn how to stay on your feet, make clear decisions and leave)
2 Defense (this allows you to duck, weave, not get punched in your fool head.

Then way below importance is punching as you can't deliver damage if you are on the ground or have your head pummeled.

It is a dangerous thing getting in a fight but being jumped or being tackled and dropped to the ground is even more dangerous. You HAVE to do everything you can to get off the ground. IMHO.

My theory for curling up and just letting them kick you.
This can indeed work. It can work well but it is taking a fucking freakish chance.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
So the OP started it and got beat down. Cant say I feel bad for him even though 2 on 1 is pussy. Its been my experience that if you can fight it doesnt matter how many dudebros are in your face, fuck one of em up and they all scatter.

LosDaddie

Banned

:lol

What happened was that I grew up. The 2 guys I quoted obviously want to (or already did) fuck these lady "friends" of theirs.

When I was younger (in HS & college) I, too, had these lady friends you guys speak of. They were all attractive, and I either eventually ended up sleeping with them , or would have done so if given the chance. I mean, if I get along with these ladies great and they're attractive, why wouldn't I want to date them? I get enough companionship from my guy friends, who I have more in common with by default.

So, now that I'm older with a wife, kid, career, and a house, the only lady "friends" I have are wives/GFs of my friends/family and my lady co-workers. And I'm completely fine with that.

Enjoy those awesome, non-sexual female friends. CAn't say I envy you guys one bit. :)

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
You go through your guy friends phones to find out what people said about them, and then try and stand up for their honor?

royalan

If OP tried to fight the dude only because of what he said about him, I'd agree with you.

However, the OP seems to be going back and forth between "The guy said racist shit about me!" and exhibiting signs of possessiveness (looking through her phone), attraction ("yeah there's some sexual tension here and there...but then I just fuck her friends!"), and wanting to "defend" the girl against her douchbag ex. In which case, he's a White Knight starting conflict over tail he isn't even smashing. Not a good look, Playa.

EDIT: And really, it needs to be said: Her ex is a tool but she's still talking to him, apparently. And WHY would she even drum shit up by telling the OP what was said about him??? Come on now...

OP, if you're serious about not being interested in her I'd suggest keeping it that way. I can see the red flags from here.

You guys are being too hard on the OP. Sometimes a fight is inevitable.

I was bullied (a lot) from 3rd grade to 7th grade. Eventually, I would just go crazy. I would just keep attacking and hitting the dude, and I didnt give a shit how many times he would hit me. I would just keep going until someone held me back or until a teacher found us (if it happened at school, which most did). However I dont have any experience fighting multiple people. It only happened once, and I just kind took the beating and gave up, I knew there was nothing I could do.

Of course that was seventh grade. But I still say always try and avoid fighting with multiple people, OP.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Quit being a white knight for someone that isn't your girl.

Quit thinking whats said between another man and woman is any of your business even if its about you...its not.

Get over yourself before you get yourself shot or stabbed. Learn to defend yourself is one thing...learning to attack others that piss you off...you'll be dead or in jail in no time.

But back to your "Girl" friend.

If their conversation was so bad that she had to let you know..she's a drama queen.
Ask yourself this..why after his racist tirade didn't she tell him never to talk to her again and delete and block him as a contact.. she's your friend right? you matter to her right?
You obviously don't matter enough for her to sever ties with a racist douche...

And if she decided never to talk to her "EX" again then why would you care what he said..he's the past,grow up abit and just let the shit slide from people that just don't matter anymore. Being upset by irrelevant people give them power over you..don't give it to them.

Easy, don't fight.

Also, what did you have to prove in this instance? That this guy said some shit about you to his ex-girlfriend? That you're tougher than him? Who gives a shit?

I'll never understand this "macho" mentality. People who fight each other in the streets are fucking idiots.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
What is a drizzy drake? Some type of fizzy beverage?

22851ip0.jpg

You spin this guy around real fast and push him down a hill.

sagi446

Neo Member
Why the hell did you get in a fight with someone you don't know if he carries weapons? That's probably more important than his goons if you aren't sure you can disarm him.

Also, are you seriously white knighting pussy you ain't getting? She never asked for your intervention in the first place, nor did he insult her in front of you at the mall.

Son, I am disappoint.

QFT one of my best friends happens to have a vagina. Even though it's a bit different since we used to fuck off an on again for a few years when we were both single just because we had good sexual chemistry. She's engaged and I have a gf of over a year but we had dinner the other night just us, no biggie.

Har har. I bet her fiance doesn't know all of that.

Marleyman

Banned
Discoteque said:
that abusive badboy aj from backstreet boys muthafucka.

I get my drizzy drake on

I was swaggered up listening to that LiveLoveASAP

Mr. Iago from Othello being like

We were doing the whole face-to-face Monday Night Raw thing

wtf_is_this_shit_Very_Disturbing_Childrens_Book_RE_We_dont_say_ampquotGermanampquot_in_America-s400x297-59009.jpg

MjFrancis

Only if you're incompetent at reading.
Did you mean to write "Only if you're incompetent at reading comprehension?" Because if you're going to whip out that card I clearly read it, f00l. Do you really expect everyone to extrapolate the meanings of a quote from Asimov's Foundation series when quoting it without context?

Taken at it's face value, saying violence is the last refuge of the incompetent implies a dichotomy that violence would be first refuge of the incompetent. Really, saying violence is the first refuge of the incompetent instead makes sense because it's their first resort when looking for refuge. Then there's the implication that the competent take no violent action at all, bastardizing the word 'competent' into a independent political meaning that again, makes no fucking sense if someone didn't read Asimov's book.

It's like an Oscar Wilde quote, it makes a great bumper sticker even if it doesn't necessarily hold water.

YoungHav

Banned
You should have bumped some Master P. "Lay it down lay it down hit 'im, I ain't talkin' to no fool amma let my nine get 'him!". Everyone hit the nail on the head on all the steps you did wrong. Make good of a bad situation and troll for a sympathy lay.
I usually stay in the background casting healing/recovery spells while my friends tank and deal out the damage. Just gotta watch dat aggro.
lmao wow.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Never start a fight, always finish a fight. You started it, you fucked up. Not only that but you started it when he had a bunch of friends around. You should have known his bitch ass wouldn't fight you alone.

I'm pretty serious about martial arts. I've competed and made the podium in judo and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu tournaments. I've done Muay Thai and boxing on and off for three years and I've trained with the Montreal Wrestling Club (this is the club where the current welterweight UFC champion, George St. Pierre started training wrestling at). I've trained at various MMA and BJJ gyms over the world with amateurs and pro fighters and have held my own.

I have no doubts that I could probably beat most people up in hand to hand combat. That being said, if I had to get involved in a physical altercation, my first move would be to use my skills in track and field and run the fuck away. I don't care how highly trained you are, who you've sparred with or how many street fights you've been in in your life, the best course of action in a real life fight is to emulate Usain Bolt.

MjFrancis

Sounds like you definitely provoked a situation that could have been avoided.

But you're asking for fighting tips, so here's mine.
1. Turn your back on the guy (weird I know but keep reading)
2. Look back over your shoulder. As you're doing this, lift your left knee into the air.
3. Lower your left knee until your foot touches the ground, making sure that your foot has advanced forward from its original position.
4. Repeat with your right leg.
5. Do this cycle over and over as fast as you can.
Best advice in the whole thread. OP shouldn't instigate anything in the first place, but barring that follow these steps and you should be okay.

Nizz

Sounds like you definitely provoked a situation that could have been avoided.

But you're asking for fighting tips, so here's mine.
1. Turn your back on the guy (weird I know but keep reading)
2. Look back over your shoulder. As you're doing this, lift your left knee into the air.
3. Lower your left knee until your foot touches the ground, making sure that your foot has advanced forward from its original position.
4. Repeat with your right leg.
5. Do this cycle over and over as fast as you can.
You know you had me laughing for a good two minutes straight, right? :D :D

y2dvd

Did you mean to write "Only if you're incompetent at reading comprehension?" Because if you're going to whip out that card I clearly read it, f00l. Do you really expect everyone to extrapolate...

Now you using big words on us. I'm going to take that as an insult.
mHxSd.jpg

YoungHav

Banned
[Jim Dangle]Please don't be over 16, please don't be over 16, please don't be over 16 ("I actually turned 23 last week")... son of a bitch! [/Jim Dangle]

LOCK

Well the guy you were fighting is obviously a pussy if he has his friends to jump you.

I hate people like that. Fight like a man, and back your shit up.

Oh and OP - always fight with a supportive audience.

I'm a pretty big guy but I will never throw the first punch. I hate fighting and paying someone out ends up being just as bad as taking the beating, just in different ways. I'll luagh it off or move on; let the asshole get into a fight with security. If they try to wait for you and you don't have backup, just be ready for it.

Gattsu25

Banned
How much of this actually happened?
All of it =\
I'm so confused by this entire paragraph. lol

And I'm just imagining someone chasing after someone yelling "Hey! I just wanna squash the beef!" then...smashing their face in. I almost spit out my oatmeal laughing.
I wasn't saying anything but while I was chasing him I wasn't planning on attacking him or anything. It sort of just happened when I caught with him. It was cathartic, really, but introduced a new set of problems that made that year more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom