• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KFC debuts Nashville Hot Chicken nationwide, "most successful test in recent history"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had it a second time today, and the bone-in pieces are DEFINITELY superior to the tenders. Still really tasty, though, and whoever recommended adding the honey sauce to them was 100% correct.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Finally tried it yesterday, gotta say, not impressed. Tastes way too sweet, imo. I mean, it's okay overall, but nothing to write home about. I'll stick with my original and crispy chicken, thank you very much.

What's with the pickle slices? I'm guessing its a Nashville thing?

I'm not sure. I don't live too far from Nashville and I've been to Nashville several times and I've had wings there and there have never been pickles included, never seen or heard of anyone else get pickles with wings, or even see the option for getting pickles. The whole thing seems weird to me.

Pein

Banned
this chicken is fucking legit, I've had it 3 times, each time it comes out really fresh and juicy, the breast especially.

Too bad KFC sides suck though.

tearsofash

Why are there pickles just kinda hanging out on the top of the fried chicken? If was in a sandwich sure but that's not what this is.

The pickles are part of the hot chicken experience. I don't know why, but most Nashville hot chicken place here gives you a pickle.

I'm not sure. I don't live too far from Nashville and I've been to Nashville several times and I've had wings there and there have never been pickles included, never seen or heard of anyone else get pickles with wings, or even see the option for getting pickles. The whole thing seems weird to me.

Are you sure you're actually going to a hot chicken place? Are you sure you're ordering the sandwhich? A lot of places won't throw pickles in unless you're ordering the sandwhich. At least Deezie's, vanderbilt campus, Hattie B's, and Helen's do it that way.

Had this once a couple weeks ago, a thigh and 3 tenders (they ran out of drumsticks). For me this is the current king of drunk eats...

I tried this a couple weeks ago. I tried both tenders and chicken. Tenders were great I thought, but the chicken felt like it was just too strong and the chicken was just drenched with sauce.

Not bad though. I wonder if they'll get this in New Zealand eventually.

Ashhong

There's nothing really.... bad.... about this chicken other than it is nothing new.

Also, it looks comically like shit compared to the marketing.

Yup.

My chicken actually looked exactly like the marketing. And it tasted fucking great. Might go back today..

Rumor has it this is coming back October 10 nationwide.

giphy.gif

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I have to say I got these a couple times and they are damn good. I'm excited to see them coming back.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Rumor has it this is coming back October 10 nationwide.

giphy.gif

Awesome. I'm a Popeyes man but this is a fantastic product from KFC.

O'Charleys makes an even better version with their chicken tenders but $11 is a bit more than I'd like to spend for lunch.

JZA

Don't mind the pickles at all, I think something acidic and tart goes well with a crispy/oily food. I think maybe it's a southern thing, like how Chic-fil-a puts only pickles on its regular chicken sandwiches.

Chorazin

FUUUUUUUCK YES.

This stuff is god-tier chicken fried chicken. Gonna have to get a bucket soon (if it does come back)
and eat it slowly over the week because I don't wanna gain 300lbs.

I never eat KFC, but I was starving and near a KFC earlier this year, so for the first time in about six years, I went there.

I got the Nashville Hot Chicken, and one day after eating it, I was the sickest that I've ever been, sick for like a week.

As it turned out, I just had enterovirus, and I probably was already well-infected before I ate the KFC, but those two events are forever entwined in my head even though I know they really didn't have an effect on one another.

Also, I live in the Seattle area, so I usually eat actual good fried chicken from Ezell's when I go out to eat fried chicken.

I did ask someone about the pickle, and I guess that's a thing in Nashville and some parts of TN? I am confused by it, but respectful of the food culture that mixes those two things (for me, I only believe in pickles and chicken together either a) on a sandwich or b) if both are fried).

Reallink

All of the local KFC's have gotten rid of the grilled chicken, is that happening nation wide or just the work of some asshole franchise owner?

This stuff is/was the bomb diggity. Around here they are now doing Georgia Gold Chicken, which is just as greasy and still comes with the pickles (yum!), but isn't spicy. It's basically greasy ass honey mustard instead of the hot sauces.

Was delicious, though.

TraBuch

Banned
I had it a couple times and both times I thought the chicken was over-seasoned. Think they overdid the cayenne pepper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom