• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KFC debuts Nashville Hot Chicken nationwide, "most successful test in recent history"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmdajr

One Chicken Breast.

Could be worse really!

b9f5176d_o.png

edit: no sugar!

blakep267

Had some yesterday. Wasn't blown away. Maybe because I've been eating a lot of spicy food lately. Can't put it into words but just didn't click with me

Maybe I was looking for a little sweetness as well as spicy

Raw64life

Can't remember the last time I had KFC, but this looks quite tasty.

I like pickles, but they sure as shit don't belong on fried chicken.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I only really like mild pickles, otherwise I find their taste overpowers whatever they're put in.

This thread motivated me to get these today for lunch. My thoughts on the chicken tenders:

1) ~$6.30 got me 3 tenders, a biscuit, and a side (I chose potato wedges). Seems a little expensive, but not ridiculously so.
2) I like pickles, but the pickles they use are pretty much the same as McDonald's pickles AKA they're really plain. They're fine, but I wish they were a bit higher quality.
3) The strips had a bit of kick to them. On a 1-10 hotness scale compared to other spicy fast food items it is like an 8 or 9. On a 1-10 hotness scale compared to hot food in general it's like a 4-5. Basically, it's hot/spicy for fast food, but not compared to non-fast food hot food.
4) Tastes great. I'll happily buy them again. Crispy, savory, sweet (but not too sweet). Extra sauce (grease? fuck if I know) in the container so you can dip your potato wedges into (and fuck, that was a great idea).

Go get 'em GAF. Totally worth trying if you like crispy chicken with a small amount of heat and decent flavor.

Note: This post is keeping in mind that this is fast food. I'm sure Nashville hot chicken is a ton better if you get it freshly-made and/or in Nashville.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Had em for lunch today. They were good which means they'll be taken off the menu by February in favor of some bullshit, novelty item.

Here's hoping some other places make their own imitation then.

*******GROSS WARNING******* KFC's batter recipe gives me diarrhea every single time I've ever had it so I couldn't eat there if I wanted to. Popeye's is my go to anyway.

I tried the red stick chicken from Popeye's last year and it was a bit too hot for me.

I'm sitting at my desk with three of the most anemic looking chicken strips I've ever encountered. One of which isn't doused in the sauce.

Not impressed. This stuff isn't even spicy.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Second Hattie B's. Love that place so much. I need to go try Prince's for comparison.

Prince's is far better. Bolton's too, and their fish. Hattie B. seems overhyped for me.

That said I need to try this KFC one even though I live in Nashville. Of the big "chains" Logan's and O'Charley's sandwiches are surprisingly good.

And I wonder if you can get the KFC "hot" drizzle on the side to dip grilled chicken into.

norm9

Didn't have it at my local KFC. I overheard the cashier talking about some sort of spicy sauce in a bottle though that she could pour a little out as a side though. Not sure if it was the same thing.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
They need to change their biscuit recipe and get rid of that neon orange shit they call mac and cheese.

Jerrod

Had some tenders, was pretty good. Liked soaking up the excess sauce with my biscuit. Will try the bone-in next.

New002

I had this today and it was surprisingly delicious. Took someone's advice here and combined the last tender with the biscuit to make this chicken biscuit.

Anno

I was pleasantly surprised. My tenders were really crispy and had a nice flavor. Could've used a bit more spice. No pickles though which was disappointing. Will definitely try again.

Damn, all this talk of KFC is making me hungry, but I've just started back training at the gym so watching what I eat now, but I think a KFC will be first on the list, once I allow myself a treat again.

That's not the hot chicken I was expecting when clicking on this thread.

This is what hot chicken is like where i'm from :
st-hubert_hotchicken.jpg

Is that a sandwich that you are supposed to pick up with your hands despite it being covered in gravy with peas on top? If not then why is it a fucking sandwich.

It looks like a meal constructed by aliens trying to assemble a normal human meal with only a partial written description as a guide.

Is that a sandwich that you are supposed to pick up with your hands despite it being covered in gravy with peas on top? If not then why is it a fucking sandwich.

It looks like a meal constructed by aliens trying to assemble a normal human meal with only a partial written description as a guide.

You eat it with a knife and fork. It's like an open-faced sandwich, only not open-faced.

rezuth

Yeah Dayum drops is the only fast food reviews you need you ever need to watch. Cool, funny and doesn't make the food look gross.Ken Dominic is cool too, not as funny though.

Cant wait to try the hot chicken,I been eating Popeye's exclusively for years now let's see if KFC finally caught up.

I made the mistake of watching this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYDKmDEmlC4

The closeup and the sounds... Stuff of nightmares

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom