• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KFC debuts Nashville Hot Chicken nationwide, "most successful test in recent history"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

8OsO0ab.jpg
This looks official.

MRSA

Banned
Its not a national chain though. They dont exist in the los angeles area.

They opened a Canes in Costa Mesa a few months ago and are about to open another location in Aliso Viejo. Its meh, don't really care for it; same for Halal Guys, that's also meh.

Ravijn

Just got a bucket and split with co-workers...the spice/heat was good, but I was hoping for some sweet element to it.

If I ever got this again I would consider drizzling some honey on it.

I totally agree with adding honey to it. That would make it amazing. On a side note... Chili's has these honey chipotle boneless and bone in wings. They are really, really tasty.

Flo_Evans

Hell YES.

I am addicted to this style of chicken. A super good place just opened a block away from my office but it is like $12 for a 2 piece and sides!

LionPride

Banned
Hmm, everyone I know here has said it tastes terrible. Also the fact it's KFC instead of Popeye's makes me not wanna eat it

The Chick Fil A thread had me wanting some spicy chicken, decided to try KFC's tenders.

They were good. I plan to get some again at some point. Pickles felt weird though.

KFC put these tenders in a bun please!

Lebron

A little on the salty side, but it was tasty. They had a man in there who ran back in to buy more and was basically pimping it to all of us waiting in line like it was the new gospel.

Sarcasm

Flying back to the states soon and will be in Seattle, do they have it there?

Deep fried foods usually makes me sick but I want to try it lol.

Eusis

Bad news, she got a bite of the left overs and threw up all over the rug. KFC is not doggy approved.
Puke on the rug =/= not approved.

Some dogs (and humans) will gladly gobble shit that they'll regurgitate, only to want more anyway.

Farsi

Tried the 2 piece today instead of the tenders.

It's cluckin' good. Best thing KFC has released in a long time.

I live in Pittsburgh and tried this a few months ago. Its not bad, but its really just their chicken with a bunch of hot sauce on it. they throw a couple pickles on it too. I was disappointed with it.

first time eating KFC in years... it was good.

not GREAT but good.

the chicken itself seemed a bit bland but maybe the combination works better on the strips and leg/drumstick combo than the breast.

Flo_Evans

Decent chain version of hot chicken. Seems like most of the spice/grease mixture was off to the side. Comparable to "mild" at authentic hot chicken place. Didn't like the only way to get a breast was single piece. Pickle was weak - real place makes their own pickles and they are amazing. I didn't even try the slaw but it looked like garbage.

3/4 clucks will probably eat again.

I disliked that dudes voice so I clicked into the middle of the video and I was not ready, now I can't help but wonder if I look/sound like that when I eat.

HoodWinked

Gold Member
got the 3 piece tenders was 5.49. came with a biscut and also a small coleslaw.

is the side your choice or always coleslaw? i didnt expect it so i didnt even know to ask.

its actually very good best thing i've had at kfc.

I avoid overly greasy food like a plague typically but this is definitely tempting for lunch.

Oh yeah, FuckPicklesGAF is best GAF. Get that shit outta here.

SyNapSe

got the 3 piece tenders was 5.49. came with a biscut and also a small coleslaw.

is the side your choice or always coleslaw? i didnt expect it so i didnt even know to ask.

its actually very good best thing i've had at kfc.

I asked because I didn't want coleslaw and I was allowed to sub in mashed potatoes. It does seem they are suggesting coleslaw so I assume that's how it's served in nashville.

painey

I asked because I didn't want coleslaw and I was allowed to sub in mashed potatoes. It does seem they are suggesting coleslaw so I assume that's how it's served in nashville.

I got Fries every time I had hot chicken in Nashville, apart from one place that didnt sell em, so I got mac n cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom